Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    You fools act like Kobe didn't **** for the tournement up to those final 8 minuters.The guy was still easily the best defensive player and the 3rd leading scorer.
    so wait. lebrons the leading scorer, comes third in rebounds, first in steals, first in blocks, second in assists and lead in minutes played, with 60% fg. yet kobe is the better player. ur a damn fool you are, lebron was the obvious leader, now he shouldn't be saying it the way he did but he keeps getting asked questions about it, they say "whats it like for you to be leading this team?" its not like "so u came 3rd in rebounding" "yeah im the leader im the leader"

and seriously kobe the best defender? did u watch the games? or read homer newspaper articles, lebron was obviously the best defender out there rushing for blocks and steals, and defending his man very well.

God i hate argueing with kobe idiots reminds me of this pic

College star

Lebron was the vocal leader of the team and to an extent, the lead by example leader.. This article was written maybe a game or two before they played their title game against Spain.

LeBron's been the key to Team USA's run
    Cavaliers star is proving to be best player in international basketball

"He's the leader. He's the one whose voice is heard when a teammate commits a defensive breakdown. There's a sense on this team that you don't want to disappoint James. "He's definitely the vocal leader of our team, the guy that brings energy every day," Williams said. "Not just [on the court] You don't see the stuff behind the scenes. He's a great teammate, a great guy to have in the locker room and keeps us focused." - Deron Williams on Lebron James

"We know when he's aggressive it puts the rest of us in an aggressive mode," Paul said. "He's the one starting out who really gets us going. When he picks it up, everyone usually follows." - Chris Paul on Lebron James

"This is what he's been dreaming of, to get the chance to play in the Olympics, go out there and lead a team, and he's doing a great job of that," Howard said. "He's been very consistent every night on the defensive end and on the offensive end. I really appreciate the way he leads the team. He makes everybody around him better." - Dwight Howard

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26267658/
    Last edited by Diesel J; 10-02-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    Except Kobe and Kidd were clearly the real leaders. Kobe's hustle, defensive pressure, and experience made all the diiference no matter how " vocal" LBJ was. Take your head out of your ass.
    Did you watch the olympics. Kidd hardly played and Kobe was off the entire olympics until the 4th quarter of the Gold medal game. Hell Kobe's man Rudy Fernandez killed us against Spain. Kobe was playing aggressive D, but he was playing too tight and Rudy was driving past him easily. This happened throughout the tournament. Kobe had I think 2 good defensive performances, but otherwise the teams were exploiting his overaggressiveness. Coach K even basically called him out by telling the team they have to stop taking NBA shots, because Kobe was bricking so many long distance 3s.

Bron was better than Kobe on offense, defense, shooting the ball and rebounding. The only claim you can have for Kobe is his clutchness. Kobe didn't lead that team and neither did Kidd. LeBron was the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Lebron was the vocal leader of the team and to an extent, the lead by example leader.. This article was written maybe a game or two before they played their title game against Spain.

LeBron's been the key to Team USA's run
    Cavaliers star is proving to be best player in international basketball

"He's the leader. He's the one whose voice is heard when a teammate commits a defensive breakdown. There's a sense on this team that you don't want to disappoint James. "He's definitely the vocal leader of our team, the guy that brings energy every day," Williams said. "Not just [on the court] You don't see the stuff behind the scenes. He's a great teammate, a great guy to have in the locker room and keeps us focused." - Deron Williams on Lebron James

"We know when he's aggressive it puts the rest of us in an aggressive mode," Paul said. "He's the one starting out who really gets us going. When he picks it up, everyone usually follows." - Chris Paul on Lebron James

"This is what he's been dreaming of, to get the chance to play in the Olympics, go out there and lead a team, and he's doing a great job of that," Howard said. "He's been very consistent every night on the defensive end and on the offensive end. I really appreciate the way he leads the team. He makes everybody around him better." - Dwight Howard

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26267658/
    But when the Gold medal was on the line, this loud-mouthed so-called "leader" shriveled up and disappeared....to the point that he was passing up open/easy opportunities because he didn't want to handle the pressure. Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered.

Great leader.

Whatever happened to "LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NOT BY YOUR MOUTH?"

Saw a basketball once

i don't care that lebron james mentions he's the leader of team usa every time there's a press conference. what bugs me is when he talks in third person.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection
    But when the Gold medal was on the line, this loud-mouthed so-called "leader" shriveled up and disappeared....to the point that he was passing up open/easy opportunities because he didn't want to handle the pressure. Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered.

Great leader.

I agree. I mean look at Michael Jordan. Instead of shooting the ball for the game winning shot, he decided to pass it to players whoich really showed true leadership in John Paxon and Steve Kerr.

I mean, **** Jordan, dudes a bust. Plays well for the entire series, but when it comes down to the end, he passes it to Kerr and Paxon.

Kerr and Paxon were the leaders of the Bulls championship teams. Not Jordan.

Great leader.

Then by your own standards, Wade > Kobe, since Wade was better on both ends in that entire game, and his late 3 won the game for team usa.

Decent playground baller

Does Kobe even know what it means to be a leader? Seriously? I mean its pretty evident that he's awkward as fcuk. If anybody has ever seen any of his post game conferences. It's pretty pathetic. What was that stupid joke he made about blowing the lead? Something about intaking vodka and ****. I mean seriously. WTF?

Yeah, there were times he tried to be a leader. I just see a dude at the corner of the TV screen barking, cussing, and being a little ***** towards his teammates. Trying to rally them. I mean seriously. Pathetic.

I mean, does someone really need to repost youtube videos of the entire USA team in a group, chillin', having fun, and then you've got Kobe either quiet or isolated.

But yet, Kobe fans still think hes the undisputed leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Then by your own standards, Wade > Kobe, since Wade was better on both ends in that entire game, and his late 3 won the game for team usa.
    I'm not denying that Wade and LeBron had better overall performance in the Olympics, but that's NOT the question here. We're talking about "leadership", specifically LeBron James....and how he DISAPPEARED in the most important game of the tournament.

You can talk all you want about being a leader and scream and act like an ass in practice and behind-the-scenes all you want. But if you don't deliver when it matters (4th quarter of a close Gold Medal game)...then your leadership ain't worth SH!T.

Talk is cheap. Show me results.

LeBron didn't. Kobe did.

Period.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

This thread....

College star

Same for that other phony who scored 21 first half points, but all of a sudden "tightened up" when the game mattered.
    Wade was the best player on the floor that day man. Remember, Kobe and Lebron were both in early foul trouble and is not for Wade going off for 20+ in the first half, USA would've got blown out. Wade also hit the biggest shot of the game, not Kobe. Your boy Kobe played sh*tty D that game too. Too much gambling... his weak D is what caused Dwight to get posterized

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    Does Kobe even know what it means to be a leader? Seriously? I mean its pretty evident that he's awkward as fcuk. If anybody has ever seen any of his post game conferences. It's pretty pathetic. What was that stupid joke he made about blowing the lead? Something about intaking vodka and ****. I mean seriously. WTF?

Yeah, there were times he tried to be a leader. I just see a dude at the corner of the TV screen barking, cussing, and being a little ***** towards his teammates. Trying to rally them. I mean seriously. Pathetic.

I mean, does someone really need to repost youtube videos of the entire USA team in a group, chillin', having fun, and then you've got Kobe either quiet or isolated.

You say he is awkward as ****. But, I think he has changed in that department quite a bit. Have you seen him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. He doesn't appear socially awkward at all, and I think this is one of his best interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBugBu3I2Ik

And, you act like Kobe is the only player who has yelled at his teammates before. All great and competitive playes have done that before. It seems you are just looking for a reason to hate Kobe.

I guess you'd rather have Kobe be an INSECURE, ARROGANT **** and state that he's a "leader" every time a camera or a microphone is shoved in his face right?

What's funny is that you don't see anything wrong (and disrespectful) with what LeBron said....BUT had those same comments come from Kobe instead, you'd be the first one in line bashing him for it.

College star

An example of Kobe's great leadership skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J

An example of Kobe's great leadership skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q
    Bynum has stated that Kobe's comments "motivated" him last summer and that he didn't take it personally whatsoever. Considering how much Bynum improved last year and how far the Lakers got....I'd call it great "leadership."

But then again, it's not quite the "leadership" of Jordan.....where he punches out teammates, calls them derogatory names and threatens them.