Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by 23airjordan23
    He better stay away from the suns .
    He will. Dont worry.

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    How do you know? Are you his agent or something?
    How would his agent know?

I'm as big an AI fan as anyone. I've watched him from the time I was 7. But if you think he's still putting up 26ppg as a 35 year old you're clutchin his nuts a little too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

I'm as big an AI fan as anyone. I've watched him from the time I was 7. But if you think he's still putting up 26ppg as a 35 year old you're clutchin his nuts a little too hard.

You said he wont put up 26/7 THIS year. I dont see why he wont. Unless he gets traded to some team.

You said he wont put up 26/7 THIS year. I dont see why he wont. Unless he gets traded to some team.
    It's possible. But I would guess more in the 23ppg range.

Banned

How do you know? Are you his agent or something?
    Exactly.

This has been said every offseaon since he turned 30 that his stats were going to drop off the following season and yet they remain consistent.

Posterize can you explain what makes you believe Iverson's stats will drop?
    Iverson was injury-free last season and put in 42 MPG at 32 but all of a sudden after turning 33 he's going to not be able to do it again next season.

The only way Iverson's scoring stats drop are if he decides to play like a PG this season and with how much he dominates the ball he'd end up putting up a 20/10 season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

Jordan put up 28.2 as a 35 year old.

Iverson is the most comparable player to Jordan when it comes to scoring consistency after 30 among players in the NBA.

The main reason why Iverson like Jordan is able to do so is because he hasn't suffered a major knee injury or multiple minor knee injuries in which hes forced to be a jumpshooter and can't drive to the basket.

I think Kobe will probably average 25+ PPg for the next 4 or 5 years as well,unless he suffers a career altering injury.

Nick Van Exel?
    And you consider yourself an A.I. fan,dude Nick Van Exel did nothing in his career but retire for him to even be mentioned on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Exactly.

This has been said every offseaon since he turned 30 that his stats were going to drop off the following season and yet they remain consistent.

Posterize can you explain what makes you believe Iverson's stats will drop?
    Iverson was injury-free last season and put in 42 MPG at 32 but all of a sudden after turning 33 he's going to not be able to do it again next season.

The only way Iverson's scoring stats drop are if he decides to play like a PG this season and with how much he dominates the ball he'd end up putting up a 20/10 season.
    You state the truth

What about Orlando?? Maybe not with a trade but as a cheap free agent he could definitely help their backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Nick Van Exel did nothing in his career but retire for him to even be mentioned on this site.
    Nick Da Quick was one of the best PG's in the NBA in his prime

Nick Van Exel was flat out awesome. Very, very underrated player.

and i just bought a nuggets iverson jersey

Ai on the Cavs give the Cavs lock 1st seed or 2nd seed imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Nick Da Quick was one of the best PG's in the NBA in his prime
    I'm sorry I went overboard with it.

Nick was a decent player but for him to be mentioned in an Allen Iverson thread was flat out disrespectful.

Just one thing I want to point out to all the guys suggesting that AI signs to a "championship contender" team and play off the bench:

It doesn't matter that AI is 33 years old, he still leads the league in minutes per game. He hates being taken out of the game and there is no way in hell he will be coming off the bench, at least not this year or next year. Until he starts to slow down (which I'm assuming will happen in the 2009-2010 or 2010-2011 season), he isn't going to play off the bench.

A lot of people on here aren't giving AI enough credit. He's supposed to be slowing down, yet he's still leading the league in MPG, Top 3 in PPG, Top 10 in APG, and Top 10 in SPG.

Why exactly would he play off the bench when he's a better player/scorer than like 95% of the guys in the league? You bring a guy off the bench for limited minutes because he either 1) Isn't effective, 2) Isn't as good as the guy starting in his place or 3) Can't hold up playing big minutes. AI doesn't fit in any of those categories, at least not yet.

Btw, I would really like to see him in Orlando or maybe even Detroit.
    Last edited by w00terz; 09-27-2008 at 11:58 PM.

That's Turr'ble

The Orlando Magic needs a good guard, trading him for Jameer Nelson and some other pieces can make this team tough to beat. They already play solid defense. It can be kind of like the 76ers when they went to the Finals... true the East was weak back then, but this would be close enough to that team.