Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    But you have to realize that Iverson is on a whole nother level than Van Exel.
    You also have to realize that AI's stats will take a hit and that he most likely will be less effective in more limited minutes. I think he has the ability to shoot out of scoring slumps bc of the minutes he gets. Scorers take the biggest hit out of all types of players when they get minutes cut. Its just more difficult to get into rhythm

Banned

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    CE-?
    PF-Michael Beasley
    SF-Shawn Marion
    SG-Dwyane Wade
    PG-Allen Iverson

Not bad on the heat.

CE-Shaq
    PF-Amare
    SF-Hill
    SG-Iverson
    PG-Nash

Not bad on the suns.
    That Miami team would be horrible due to the fact there would be 3 guys on the court looking to score first and Wade and A.I. can't co-exist since both have similar games,except Wade attacks the basket more.

Iverson on the Suns would be interesting,but Nash is the primary ballhandler who runs the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    No GM in their right mind would give up anything for a contract of that magnitude unless they themselves are unloading an even worse mix of contracts. And that would be incredibly stupid and would never happen
    First of all you have to ask yourself how many GM's are in their right mind. I have been following the Hawks since '93 and IMO we have yet to get a GM in his right mind.

Just this past season we saw Gasol traded for Kwame. If someone had proposed that trade in a thread would you have said "that sounds like a good deal"?

Personally i was stunned when Rashard signed his deal and it is just another example of a GM not in their right mind. I would love to know what went on behind the scenes there.

However the only way Iverson gets traded is if the Nuggets take one or more big contracts in return. There is no way around it. The only teams with cap room that i know of are Memphis and Charlotte and Iverson isn't going there. He isn't getting traded for expirers because he is one.

At this point his ability as a player is secondary to his contract status in terms of trades. No team has any reason to trade for Iverson unless they can get rid of one or more bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    That's why in the trade I proposed they also get rid of either Nene's or K-Mart's ridiculous contract as well as landing modest talent (D.West or D.Gibson + 2 #1 picks)
    Nene's contract isn't that bad for a center assuming he actually stays on the court. Martin's is pretty bad though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    If there was any way possible of seeing an Iverson trade midseason to the Rockets, I'd love to see it. Yao/McGrady/Artest/AI
    not enough shots for that team.Tmac and yao are better. so how would react to differing to them. the fact is AI is only effective when he dominates the ball and chucks up a ton of shots. with the rockets, thats not gonna cut it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    You also have to realize that AI's stats will take a hit and that he most likely will be less effective in more limited minutes. I think he has the ability to shoot out of scoring slumps bc of the minutes he gets. Scorers take the biggest hit out of all types of players when they get minutes cut. Its just more difficult to get into rhythm
    Why does Iverson have to get limited minutes?

Why are people even suggesting that Iverson should be a 6th man or a bench player?

Iverson is without a doubt the 2nd best SG in the NBA and a Top 10 player in the NBA currently,but just because his contract is up and he doesn't have a Championship ring he now needs to come off the bench and provide a limited role when he is still one of the fastest players in the NBA and one of the top scorers.

These suggestions in this thread are stupid.

Iverson will go elsewhere if not Denver,maybe not a contendor and continue to put up great numbers and put fans in the seats.

iverson for macgrady?

Banned

Can someone seriously suggest to me why Iverson should all of a sudden want a reduced role and ride benches for a Championship when he just put up 26.4/7.1 last season.

He's not old,he's still in his prime like Jordan was at 33 and other great players from the past.

Wow this thread is ****ing stupid.

Hmm.

Iverson, Nene/Martin, Atkins
    for
    Hinrich, Hughes, and Gooden

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4~4&te=&cash=

OK, time to defend my terrible idea.
    1. Denver doesn't get a ton of expirers, but moving Nene/Martin makes sure they don't get any worse financially.
    2. Denver now has roleplayers to build with.

Hinrich/Hughes
    Smith/Kleiza
    Anthony
    Gooden/Anderson
    Martin or Nene/Hunter.

That team is BALANCED. Something Denver hasn't seen in a long time. Hinrich and Hughes actually play defense and move the ball. Anthony would look a lot better with that supporting cast.

3. Chicago gets a world class scorer in Iverson, a big upgrade from Ben Gordon (who they can still try to sign and trade for a big man). They would have enough offense for the upcoming season and let Thomas and Noah develop with a vet big man backing them up.

Rose/Atkins
    Iverson/Sefolosha
    Deng/Nocioni
    Thomas/Martin or Nene
    Noah/Martine or Nene

Which one works better IYO, Nene or Martin?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by shaoyut
    iverson for macgrady?
    Get the hell out of here. rockets say hell no. the turned down a offer of ri and billups for mcdaddy. what makes you think they would take a inferior offer of iverson. mcgrady>iverson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Hmm.

Iverson, Nene/Martin, Atkins
    for
    Hinrich, Hughes, and Gooden

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4~4&te=&cash=

OK, time to defend my terrible idea.
    1. Denver doesn't get a ton of expirers, but moving Nene/Martin makes sure they don't get any worse financially.
    2. Denver now has roleplayers to build with.
    Hinrich/Hughes
    Smith/Kleiza
    Anthony
    Gooden/Anderson
    Martin or Nene/Hunter.
    That team is BALANCED. Something Denver hasn't seen in a long time. Hinrich and Hughes actually play defense and move the ball. Anthony would look a lot better with that supporting cast.
    3. Chicago gets a world class scorer in Iverson, a big upgrade from Ben Gordon (who they can still try to sign and trade for a big man). They would have enough offense for the upcoming season and let Thomas and Noah develop with a vet big man backing them up.
    Rose/Atkins
    Iverson/Sefolosha
    Deng/Nocioni
    Thomas/Martin or Nene
    Noah/Martine or Nene

Which one works better IYO, Nene or Martin?
    Martin and Nene are both health risks but Nene is younger but I doubt Denver would part with either at this point since they're so thin in the front court at the 4/5.

Martin and Nene are both health risks but Nene is younger but I doubt Denver would part with either at this point since they're so thin in the front court at the 4/5.
    They would get Gooden in return though, and shed salary in the process (gooden's 1 year, martin's 3, nene's 4).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Get the hell out of here. rockets say hell no.
    Both teams would disagree.

Iverson is a better player than McGrady at this point but McGrady is more versatile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    They would get Gooden in return though, and shed salary in the process (gooden's 1 year, martin's 3, nene's 4).
    Denver would rather move K-Mart but I don't know why Chicago would do this deal being that with that squad they'd only be maybe a 3 seed in the East at Best.

Why does Iverson have to get limited minutes?

Why are people even suggesting that Iverson should be a 6th man or a bench player?

Iverson is without a doubt the 2nd best SG in the NBA and a Top 10 player in the NBA currently,but just because his contract is up and he doesn't have a Championship ring he now needs to come off the bench and provide a limited role when he is still one of the fastest players in the NBA and one of the top scorers.

These suggestions in this thread are stupid.

Iverson will go elsewhere if not Denver,maybe not a contendor and continue to put up great numbers and put fans in the seats.
    Is he better than Kobe and Wade?

Denver would rather move K-Mart but I don't know why Chicago would do this deal being that with that squad they'd only be maybe a 3 seed in the East at Best.
    Yeah, I was grabbing at straws to get Chicago to take it. The best I could come up with is that they already have a spot in the offense for an undersized scorer, and AI is an major upgrade.

Both teams are set for a second trade with new partners with Kleiza (playing behind Anthony) and Nocioni (playing behind Deng).