Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Default Re: Clash of the titans: Jordan or Shaq???

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Shaq was never at any point more athletic than Jordan.
    Yes he was. He has probably the biggest vert for a guy of his height and weight of all time. He had the quickest feet in the league. He was pure power, yes also one of the quickest guards in the league. Shaq is clearly the better athlete than Jordan was, when there are athletes of similar quality to Jordan in the league right now (Heck, Josh Smith is more athletic) but there's no one now, or before who compared to Shaq athleticism and size wise.

Banned

LOL @ "Josh Smith is more athletic."

The only thing Smith does as well or possibly better than Jordan is one-footed jumping. That's it. Then Jordan sh!ts on him in body control, two-footed and hop step leaping, agility/speed/quickness, explosiveness (i.e., acceleration), hand-eye coordination/reflexes etc.

I mean, seriously -- at least try to think before you speak.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Shaq more athletic than Jordan?

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Jordan

why is this even a debate jordan at 35 years delivered a 6th championship Shaq 35 washed up

Shaq was able to be stopped in 2000

3 words

Hack a Shaq its done after that
    Its called Stockier built dumy. Same reason why Reggie Miller, Kareem, Jordan etc all Thin Fiber-like Biotypes Last Longer at close to their TOP LEVEL than the Stockeri dudes like Barkley, Shaq, Wilt. But the again, Stockier built ones have more explosion for some years than the Thin Fiber-like dudes..

And Shaq was as athletic as Jordan in many ways. You have t compare Shaq to other Centers and Jordan to other Shooting Guards. Don`t compare them they have different roles.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    LOL @ "Josh Smith is more athletic."

The only thing Smith does as well or possibly better than Jordan is one-footed jumping. That's it. Then Jordan sh!ts on him in body control, two-footed and hop step leaping, agility/speed/quickness, explosiveness (i.e., acceleration), hand-eye coordination/reflexes etc.

I mean, seriously -- at least try to think before you speak.
    You don't want to address Shaq being the better athlete comment?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    You don't want to address Shaq being the better athlete comment?

It's arguable either way. It's not that outlandish a claim. Smith > Jordan is, however.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I hope you're being sarcastic, cause if not then thats just stupid. Implying that Shaq choked cause he didn't shoot 75% against Hakeem Olajuwon, arguably the greatest defender ever, would make you an idiot.
    dude, he shot a terrible ft%. he didnt choke cuz hes never been even an ok ft shooter. but that along with other things shows that shaq isnt the dominant player that jordan is.

and im the "idiot" but you make it seem like olajuwan was standing right in front of shaq while shooting his fts. that is an idiotic statement in itself.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    dude, he shot a terrible ft%. he didnt choke cuz hes never been even an ok ft shooter. but that along with other things shows that shaq isnt the dominant player that jordan is.

and im the "idiot" but you make it seem like olajuwan was standing right in front of shaq while shooting his fts. that is an idiotic statement in itself.
    LOL ok man, maybe I'm missing something but there was nothing in your posts that mentioned FT shooting. I was assuming you meant FG%, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    LOL ok man, maybe I'm missing something but there was nothing in your posts that mentioned FT shooting. I was assuming you meant FG%, my bad.
    It's still not choking. He shot what he usually shots. I really don't see how Shaq choked against Hakeem. He outplayed Hakeem in my eyes.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He outplayed Hakeem in my eyes.
    Except for the fact that he didn't ....

Except for the fact that he didn't ....
    Hakeem having to take 9 more shots then Shaq to score only 4.8 points more suggests he did.

Root Of All Evil

Hakeem having to take 9 more shots then Shaq to score only 4.8 points more suggests he did.
    That is the only stat to base your argument off ... and even then, that doesn't tell the whole story.

Hakeem put his thing down on Shaq, and his team got swept. It wasn't JUST in the NBA Finals when Hakeem would get his swerve on against Shaq.

That is the only stat to base your argument off ... and even then, that doesn't tell the whole story.

Hakeem put his thing down on Shaq, and his team got swept. It wasn't JUST in the NBA Finals when Hakeem would get his swerve on against Shaq.
    No I base it off watching all four games. Sure the got swept, and Hakeem was the main factor for them winning, but he sure as hell didn't outplay Shaq.

Yer and Hakeem always dominated Shaq, right?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=olajuha01

Stats show differently.

Furthermore out of their 20 meetings Hakeem only managed to shoot above 50% five times. Shaq on the other hand shot over 50% from the field fifteen times.

3-time NBA All-Star

It's still not choking. He shot what he usually shots. I really don't see how Shaq choked against Hakeem. He outplayed Hakeem in my eyes.
    Yea I don't think it was choking either.