Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: NBA Atlantic Division Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    im sorry but i dont agree with you on calderon being better then miller, but i will admit that its close. Miller is a proven pg that will always show up and play CONSISTINTLY. They have different types games but they both know how to pass. They both pass well and find the open player and get it to the right guy the diffrence is Jose is more of a outside scorer and Miller is a back to the basket point gaurd and gets into the paint easier with his power. Miller had his best season since 01-02 but i do belive that Jose will be better then Miller but as of now i think Miller is the better PG.

As for Roko and Solomon they have alot to prove before raptor fans can start praising them. I understand the argument between miller and jose but saying that the raptors have better pgs then the sixers is just stupid because roko and solomon havnt shown anything for me to bealive that statement.
    It's not stupid to say Raptors have better PGs. I guess it depends on where you view Calderon and Andre Miller. I view Calderon better than Miller, and the remaining minutes will be handed to Roko or Solomon which won't be significant enough to swing the pendulum unless if they really suck. As I said and have been saying since the Raptors drafted Roko, he will be a very good NBA player. I will not be surprised if Roko ends up grabbing the starting PG spot from Jose in a couple of years. Also, Roko can play both guard positions, sort of like Lou Williams, but their games are also different. You will see Roko as a guy that can control the tempo of a game as a point, but can become a scorer and a penetrator when need be. Also, for a PG, he's got great size and length and is very good getting into the passing lanes. He'll be a lot like Jose his first year, where he's gonna be brought in slowly and having Solomon there is gonna help. From hearing Raps fans and reading and seeing what I have, Solomon is like a mini Mike James off the bench, which is not bad at all. In the end, this comes down to Calderon vs. Miller and in that regard, I like Calderon better...

Quote Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
    I disagree, they were terrible in the first half last year and tore it up after the Allstar break.

You wake up.
    Everyone knew about the Sixers last season. You're moronic to assume otherwise. And even more moronic to think teams dont know another team based on records.

Elton Brand said he kept an eye on the Sixers because of what they did the season prior after the AS break. Team on the rise. That was the label of this team. The idea that they wont sneak up on anyone this season is hilarious. They didnt sneak up on anyone last year.

Wake up. Ding Ding Ding!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Everyone knew about the Sixers last season. You're moronic to assume otherwise. And even more moronic to think teams dont know another team based on records.

Elton Brand said he kept an eye on the Sixers because of what they did the season prior after the AS break. Team on the rise. That was the label of this team. The idea that they wont sneak up on anyone this season is hilarious. They didnt sneak up on anyone last year.

Wake up. Ding Ding Ding!
    Both Toronto and Philly will be sub 50 win teams....both of them will be lucky to hit 50 wins...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    Both Toronto and Philly will be sub 50 win teams....both of them will be lucky to hit 50 wins...
    Wow thanks for telling me something I already know.

Sixers- 48 wins

1.Celtics-Will repeat as champs
    2.Raptors-With JO Bosh will have a big season cause u cant double team him and it will open up shots for Calderon,Parker and Kapono.But they will be very close to philly
    3.Sixers-Will be just behind the Raps
    4.Knicks-Will do better with Dantoni
    5.Nets-Only have VC and hes gettin old

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
    Toronto has much more to worry about injury wise. JO goes down, they have nothing to back him up
    Bargaini stared all last year and you can put Joey at 4 and bump bosh up

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by APfan
    Bargaini stared all last year and you can put Joey at 4 and bump bosh up
    ...Joey Graham?

4 out of the 5 teams in this division are 1-0, not bad.

All of the winners looked impressive, even the Nets/Knicks.

Good stuff.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LBJoftheYMCA
    1. knicks- mr pringles will do wonders in the big apple
    2. toronto- twin towers 2?
    3. philly- EB was a good pick up
    4. nets- half man...half superstar can't do it on his own
    5. celtics are not worthy of the number five
    6. celtics - kg quits the nba midseason to go back to high school and get a degree, ray allen shatters his ankle during the 3 point contest, paul queer leads team by himself

book it!

I think that if JO were to go down, we could compensate. If Bosh or Calderon goes down, then we have major problems.

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJoftheYMCA
    1. knicks- mr pringles will do wonders in the big apple
    2. toronto- twin towers 2?
    3. philly- EB was a good pick up
    4. nets- half man...half superstar can't do it on his own
    5. celtics are not worthy of the number five
    6. celtics - kg quits the nba midseason to go back to high school and get a degree, ray allen shatters his ankle during the 3 point contest, paul queer leads team by himself

book it!

Pure gold

dont think anyone predicted this one right, toronto underachieved lol