Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Where are the Hornets gonna move to? Seattle or Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    after watching the all-star team rebuild a house in all-star weekend, i was feel kinda bad its gonna get smashed again

Well....hopefully its not too bad where the Hornets would have to reestablish elsewhere.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by nosurrender
    be respectful please you guys, i understand this is an NBA forum, but some issues are just plain wrong to joke about.
    Beat me to it.

Damn these rising ocean temeratures

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Not to get political but...it will interesting to see if the emergency response time/effort has improved since the last disaster. I fear that nothing changes in Bush-world except the talking points used in the media.

I have been living in Austin Texas for several years now and I can remember the night Katrina hit. I was out for my run and the the winds kept getting stronger until I was actually pushed around. Dust, dirt, leaves etc were blowing like crazy and I could barely keep my eyes open at certain times.

I went home turned on the news and thought I understood what was happening. The next morning I picked the Newspaper off the porch to see a picture of N.O. flooded and that is when I really began to understand the magnitude of what happened.

I just hope that somehow/someway each and everyone will be okay through this current mess of a situation.

And for the record, this is not about believing in or not believing in any God/religion, this is just about being a member of the human race. In a perfect world this would never happen to anyone. However, we all hold some ability to do something to help. When your time comes to do something, please make the most of it.

I know it's a sad situation, but at some point I don't feel empathy for those that put themselves in that situation again. It's like those people who rebuild multiple times after tornado season has wiped out their house. GTFO out of the area. I don't feel sorry for the person walking down the railroad tracks who gets hit by a train.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    Not to get political but...it will interesting to see if the emergency response time/effort has improved since the last disaster. I fear that nothing changes in Bush-world except the talking points used in the media.

I have been living in Austin Texas for several years now and I can remember the night Katrina hit. I was out for my run and the the winds kept getting stronger until I was actually pushed around. Dust, dirt, leaves etc were blowing like crazy and I could barely keep my eyes open at certain times.

I went home turned on the news and thought I understood what was happening. The next morning I picked the Newspaper off the porch to see a picture of N.O. flooded and that is when I really began to understand the magnitude of what happened.

I just hope that somehow/someway each and everyone will be okay through this current mess of a situation.

And for the record, this is not about believing in or not believing in any God/religion, this is just about being a member of the human race. In a perfect world this would never happen to anyone. However, we all hold some ability to do something to help. When your time comes to do something, please make the most of it.
    I spent 2 weeks last summer with habitat for humanity. It's ridiculous what they already have to deal with. Most of the city is not even fully restored yet, and this is gonna set that back another three years. I would just close the whole city and try to compensate for the residents to live somewhere else, but world is not perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I don't feel empathy for those that put themselves in that situation again.
    u dont understand do you?

say i stripped you of everything and put your body in a random city in the USA. would you rather be homeless or go back home?

u dont understand do you?

say i stripped you of everything and put your body in a random city in the USA. would you rather be homeless or go back home?
    Go back home...to what? A flood damaged house that is STILL smack dab in the middle of hurricanes EVERY damn year? If I had all my property destroyed, I WOULDN'T GO BACK AND REBUILD IN SAME DAMN SPOT. I can either have nothing and start over in another location, or go back "home" with nothing and put myself in the same situation as before. Start over somewhere else.

Go back home...to what? A flood damaged house that is STILL smack dab in the middle of hurricanes EVERY damn year? If I had all my property destroyed, I WOULDN'T GO BACK AND REBUILD IN SAME DAMN SPOT. I can either have nothing and start over in another location, or go back "home" with nothing and put myself in the same situation as before. Start over somewhere else.
    and you wouldn't go crying to the government for compensation? PLEASE. do you really think people are that dumb? do you really think they never consider the possibility of moving? they live there because they have nowhere else to live. not everyone has 100k+ income. doesn't mean they deserve to be sh*tted on.

LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

Close thread

and you wouldn't go crying to the government for compensation?
    WTF does compensation have to do with staying in NO?

PLEASE. do you really think people are that dumb? do you really think they never consider the possibility of moving? they live there because they have nowhere else to live. not everyone has 100k+ income. doesn't mean they deserve to be sh*tted on.
    You are a dumbass. How the hell do they "have a place to live" IF EVERYTHING THEY HAD IN NO WAS WIPED OUT? Just because they own some land doesn't mean they have to build a home again on it. Some people lost EVERYTHING. You saying they are going back "home" is moronic because there are people who had NOTHING to go back to, and therefore no reason to rebuild in NO.

You are a dumbass. How the hell do they "have a place to live" IF EVERYTHING THEY HAD IN NO WAS WIPED OUT? Just because they own some land doesn't mean they have to build a home again on it. Some people lost EVERYTHING. You saying they are going back "home" is moronic because there are people who had NOTHING to go back to, and therefore no reason to rebuild in NO.
    They do not give you compensation unless you are going to live in their state, cuz compensation is hardly ever through straight cash. You either get a new house there (that's if you are lucky as hell) or you get a FEMA trailer until enough federal funding comes. You obviously don't know how FEMA and the rest of the restoration corps work.

What about people who didn't lose EVERYTHING but had parts of their properties damaged? do you think anyone would buy any of theirs for more than a hundred bucks? So how do they sell anything?

it's obvious that you don't understand why some people have no other choice.

This cannot be understood unless you've been there. The vast majority of people there are so poor that they literally could barely afford to be homeless in bigger, safer cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    This cannot be understood unless you've been there. The vast majority of people there are so poor that they literally could barely afford to be homeless in bigger, safer cities.
    Homeless in another city
    Homeless back in NO, with a high chance of the same thing happening again every year.

Hmmmm tough choice.

Homeless in another city
    Homeless back in NO, with a high chance of the same thing happening again every year.

Hmmmm tough choice.
    after all i just posted you still don't get it. i'm done

after all i just posted you still don't get it. i'm done
    So, they get compensation if they return to NO, and the lucky ones get a new house, only to have their lives destroyed the following season. They repair their damaged homes, only to hope it's still standing next year. Apparently, you still don't get it.

Just because the supposed relief seems better in the short term, it doesn't matter if they remain in the same situation for it to happen all over again in a few months.
    Last edited by Showtime; 08-31-2008 at 02:35 AM.