Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Where are the Hornets gonna move to? Seattle or Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Thread should be closed. Horrible timing. People are fleeing for their lives(including me) and the first thing you can think of is where are our pro teams gonna go AFTER this storm wipes us off the face of the map? Get a life dude. How bout you pray for New Orleans before you plot its downfall
    Praying to an invisible man Vs being realistic.

I think he should stick with being realistic.

Vancouver Hornets- Canada's 2nd team in the NBA.

+ why are people talking like the hornets are going to up and leave and stay gone. lets be real, Seatle wasnt showing up to see their own team, shin will not move anywhere he may lose money. if my team had to temporarily relocate shin is looking for a city where his team is the only priority like okc, but thats the last resort. they will play the whole season in n.o like scheduled

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Arrogant: Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

How have I been overbearing with self worth, when all I've been doing is trying to clarify my initial post in order for the misunderstandings to end? I've laid it all out there for people to understand what I was saying. I am done trying to get people to realize I'm not attacking the poor, not criticizing the victims, or belittling their lives. But what the hell does that matter, when some idiot can make up his mind and then flame?

I challenge someone to find a post where I put down the flood victims. Find it. Any explanations have been just that: reasons to show why I feel the way I feel, and NOT a judgment against people.
    There are alot of idiots who made up their mind to flame you...Just deal with it you aren't an empathic human being and should not be posting on topics due to your pure insensitivity,

Not airballing my layups anymore DaCommish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
    Im athiest so who do you suggest I pray to? The Hurricane god?

This is purely an NBA topic on where the Hornets will move too.
    Fixed.

Dunking on everybody in the park lawlerslaw100's Avatar

Forecasts say no move. The end of the world will have to wait
    another year. Now all of you doomsday fools, sell everything you
    have at 90% off and we will give all of the water, canned foods, and dried
    foods you can carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    It's not 100 years ago!! This is the entire point! New Orleans was a great city at one point, now it's a storm magnet dump. Move. Now. Before you die.

new orleans IS a great city, and if you knew anything about aything, you would know that at least 40% of the UNITED states coast is just as vulnerable to hurricanes as louisiana. IDIOT.

your ideas are both childish and idiotic, which makes me come to the conclusion that you could not be any older than 14 years old, god forbid you are, because if so, you really are the definition of a senseless and stupid human being.

have a nice day.

[QUOTE=Se

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

LMAO @ this being an 11 page thread and LMAO at people trying their hardest to move the Hornets. The Hornets are doing well. They just sold 10,000 full season tickets (even before the partial plans were available) something done for the first time since moving to New Orleans. The sports teams provides jobs for people and outlets for people looking for entertainment. Every year Florida gets hit by hurricanes but I don't see anyone talking about getting rid of a city or moving their sports teams. No, they haven't been hit as hard as a catastrophic Katrina but every year they get hit, they clean up, rebuild and next year repeat the process. New Orleans is one of America's oldest cities and has a lot of culture behind it. Most here have never even been to New Orleans. All they know is what the media chooses to show on tv or what they hear other people say. What happens if there is a levee breach in Sacramento? Are people going to try to move the Kings? Some of you probably didn't even know Sacramento had levees right? What happens if a tornado goes roaring through OKC and whips the Ford Center right out of the ground? I don't even read through threads like this because I know there are tons of ignorant things being said. It must be nice to just sit behind a keyboard and talk about something that you really don't know much about.

Senor Cedric and John Ruck I haven't read the thread but from your recent posts above, let me say thanks for being the voice of reason.

I know I'm late but after the posts I put in this thead I had to bump this thread. **** eveybody who wished bad on the city of New Orleans just so the Hornets would leave, or who had the nerve to say the people deserve no empathy/aid because they should have known better because their was another natural disaster there a few years back.

I believe that there will never be a NBA team in Las Vegas. The ref gambling scandel, the strip club incident at the All-Star game. Not to mention that the majority of people there are tourist and that the citizens are actually the minority. Not to mention that a league moving a team to a place nicknamed Sin City might not be a good move when they are in the news all the time for character problems.

Seattle will be the next city to get a NBA franchise. I've brought it up enough times. There is a clause in the court settlement that if Seattle doesn't get a team in a certain amount of years then Clay Bennett has to pay a ton of money to the city of Seattle and by the end he would've payed about 75% of what was needed to pay for the new arena himself just to move the team. We all know David Stern won't let that happen to his good pal.