Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Top 10 SFs in current NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    You didn't ever realize that your existence is the biggest joke on ISH? Pathetic...

that coming from you is sad

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    If you're gonna talk out of you're ass, then back it up with facts.

1 Artest is 28 and in he's prime. hows age an issue. why is marion ahead of ron if age is such an issue.

2 Anyone who puts iggy and howard above artest is a dumbass. an utter dumbass.artest is head and shoulders above them on both sides of the ball. if were going by complete game, only pierce and lbj are the better players by that criteria. this thread or question is about the top ten SF's on the court. the off the court issues has no bearings here.non whatsoever.

3 Marion being better at what? artest is a much better defender and alot better offensive player. he is a better shooter to. rons's offensive game is much better then marion's. only thing marion does is rebound.Ron is alot more versatile on both sides of the ball.ron can defend the SG's, SF's and the PF's of the nba. marion can only go with the SF's and PF's. rons a much better three point shooter. ron is alot better at putting the ball on the floor and creat shots for himself.

On both sides of the ball, artest is one of the most complete players in the league.to be the best defensive player in the league and score twenty one points a game and shoot thirty eight % from beyond the arc warrant you to be in the top four or five best small forwards in the league.

I can understand maybe caron butler being infront of ron with LBJ, pierce and melo, but the rest of the list is a joke.
    I should add that artest is a monster in the low block.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I should add that artest is a monster in the low block.
    Yeah, but as a Pacer/Laker fan I've had to deal with Artest being OFF the court a lot lmao. Going by talent, he's definitely up there.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by NotALakerTroll
    Yeah, but as a Pacer/Laker fan I've had to deal with Artest being OFF the court a lot lmao. Going by talent, he's definitely up there.
    Again, the criteria here is on the court performances or ability.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

If you're gonna talk out of you're ass, then back it up with facts.

1 Artest is 28 and in he's prime. hows age an issue. why is marion ahead of ron if age is such an issue.

2 Anyone who puts iggy and howard above artest is a dumbass. an utter dumbass.artest is head and shoulders above them on both sides of the ball. if were going by complete game, only pierce and lbj are the better players by that criteria. this thread or question is about the top ten SF's on the court. the off the court issues has no bearings here.non whatsoever.

3 Marion being better at what? artest is a much better defender and alot better offensive player. he is a better shooter to. rons's offensive game is much better then marion's. only thing marion does is rebound.Ron is alot more versatile on both sides of the ball.ron can defend the SG's, SF's and the PF's of the nba. marion can only go with the SF's and PF's. rons a much better three point shooter. ron is alot better at putting the ball on the floor and creat shots for himself.

On both sides of the ball, artest is one of the most complete players in the league.to be the best defensive player in the league and score twenty one points a game and shoot thirty eight % from beyond the arc warrant you to be in the top four or five best small forwards in the league.

I can understand maybe caron butler being infront of ron with LBJ, pierce and melo, but the rest of the list is a joke.

Am sorry if i insulted your huband, but you don't have to call me a bumbass. Cause the only dumass is that slut mother of yours. So go put that dirty mouth of your back were it belongs. Raped around your dad ****. When you lern to talk to me with respect then i'll show you respect. till then GO **** YOUR SELF.

Quote Originally Posted by NotALakerTroll

It's not his talent thats the problem. It's ALL the stupid things he does, that makes GM not wan't him. He is a cancer that destroys locker room chemistry.
    He is a meantal case that can blow up at any time, & destroy a franchis hopes for a championship. Just ask Indiana. Who else leaves his team to go rap? what an idiot. They should take him out back & put him to sleep.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    Am sorry if i insulted your huband, but you don't have to call me a bumbass. Cause the only dumass is that slut mother of yours. So go put that dirty mouth of your back were it belongs. Raped around your dad ****. When you lern to talk to me with respect then i'll show you respect. till then GO **** YOUR SELF.
    It's clear you have no clue about basketball or ron artest. i think everyone saw in this thread how dumb you really are.

It's clear you have no clue about basketball or ron artest. i think everyone saw in this thread how dumb you really are.

If you respond to me respecfully, then i'll talk to you with the same respect. Just don't insult me, & call me names. If you've read my post, then you know that i think he is a very talented player. It's his meantal state that bothers me. The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up again. & the reason i like Marion better is because he does everything he does with out even having a play called for him. Artest wan'ts to dominat the ball all the time. & he is clearly not a 1st option. You can make a case that Howard, & Iggi, cause they dominat the ball alot to. But Marion fits perfectly, while letting the other players do their thing. Now do you understand why i rather have Marion, over Artest? Or are you going to insult me & call me names to prove your point again?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    If you respond to me respecfully, then i'll talk to you with the same respect. Just don't insult me, & call me names. If you've read my post, then you know that i think he is a very talented player. It's his meantal state that bothers me. The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up again. & the reason i like Marion better is because he does everything he does with out even having a play called for him. Artest wan'ts to dominat the ball all the time. & he is clearly not a 1st option. You can make a case that Howard, & Iggi, cause they dominat the ball alot to. But Marion fits perfectly, while letting the other players do their thing. Now do you understand why i rather have Marion, over Artest? Or are you going to insult me & call me names to prove your point again?
    So how does that make marion a better player again?.again this is about the top ten SF's on pure ability. not who you like better or who is ball hog . ABILITY.

Defense artest is superior to all three of them. infact he's probaly the best primeter defender in the league.

Offense. ron is far superior to marion and iggy. those two guys couldnt creat shot to save there lives. there both great finishers. whilst artest is a great finisher around the hoop and he can creat shots for himself.

Shooting.artest is a better long range shooter then marion. artest averaged 38% this past season. marion averaged 29%.

Rebounding. both iggy and marion are superior rebounders. in marions case much superior.

Steals. artest has a 2nd best 1.9 steals a game in the nba.

Handles. artest has much better handles then marion. artest can easily creat shots for himself whilst marion is more of a finisher. needs a nash to get him shots to finish.

Intensity. noone plays more intense then ron. there is a reason why he won defensive player of the year. marion plays with great intensity to, but artest is second to none.

So how does that make marion a better player again?.again this is about the top ten SF's on pure ability. not who you like better or who is ball hog . ABILITY.

Defense artest is superior to all three of them. infact he's probaly the best primeter defender in the league.

Offense. ron is far superior to marion and iggy. those two guys couldnt creat shot to save there lives. there both great finishers. whilst artest is a great finisher around the hoop and he can creat shots for himself.

Shooting.artest is a better long range shooter then marion. artest averaged 38% this past season. marion averaged 29%.

Rebounding. both iggy and marion are superior rebounders. in marions case much superior.

Steals. artest has a 2nd best 1.9 steals a game in the nba.

Handles. artest has much better handles then marion. artest can easily creat shots for himself whilst marion is more of a finisher. needs a nash to get him shots to finish.

Intensity. noone plays more intense then ron. there is a reason why he won defensive player of the year. marion plays with great intensity to, but artest is second to none.

I can agree with most of what you sead, but i think offensivly, Iggy is just as good. & when it comes to intensity, i feel that Marion is as intense, but keeps his head. Witch is the biggest problem with Artest. + Artest takes to meany bad shots, while Marion always go's with the flow. You can make a case on any of them, on any given night, that one will have a better game then the other. But in my opinion, if i had to pick one of the 4 of them to start a team. I would pick Marion first. But thats just my opinion, & am sure you have yours.

P.S. Thank for not being disrespecfull this time.

NBA lottery pick

Sorry about before. . we gotta agree to disagree here.

Since Odom is one of the candidates and he hasn't played SF yet, shouldn't Kobe be in the top 10 SF conversation too? Kobe probably has played a lot more minutes at SF throughout his career than Odom himself. Honestly, I would probably take Kobe at the SF position over RJ, Maggette, Butler.

Sorry about before. . we gotta agree to disagree here.

No problem. At least we agree on something. & right back at you

Saw a basketball once

How can you put Kirilenko in "other candidates". He cant' play ball !!!
    Humm, I think you overestimated Ron Artest, you should have given him the last rank of your list.. for sure, he can play on defense, he's certainly one of the top 5 best defensive player in the NBA, but about his offensive game.. hum.. he sucks =D
    Shawn Marion isnt very smart but when he plays with some good point gard like Steve Nash, he's the man. Rebounding, fast break / alley oop scoring, defending, yeah, he's the man !
    Maggette shouldn't be on your list, you'd better stop looking at statistics and watch some (ex-)clippers games. He's way too irregular.

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy A. Gueye
    Humm, I think you overestimated Ron Artest, you should have given him the last rank of your list.. for sure, he can play on defense, he's certainly one of the top 5 best defensive player in the NBA, but about his offensive game.. hum.. he sucks =D
    In fact he doesn't. At all. He's a great second option of offense for a team.

The problem is that he isn't the second option in Houston. And while he waxes lyrical about how he doesn't mind getting fewer touches and playing third or fourth fiddle in Houston, I expect him to blow up sooner or later if he doesn't get his touches.

That's where Houston's injuries might actually be a boon