Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Luis Scola or Brandon Bass

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    For the sake of balancing the number of Rocket homers in this thread I decided to post in this thread.
    How is it being a homer to say you'd rather have Landry.......people still haven't even made a argument on...

A. why Bass is so much better

and

B. most importantly, why it's "being a homer" to say Landry is the better player.

Pretty much the only thing Bass has going for him and the only reason why I would take him over Landry is because of Landry's knee issue, but from a sheer basketball ability I'll take Landry over Bass. I'm not trying to make it sound like it's a clear cut case, their #s are eerie similar, but it isn't being a "homer" by saying you'd rather want Landry.

Bass...

in 19.7 min.......8.3 ppg and 4.4 rpg on .499 fg%

Landry...

in 16.9 min.......8.1 ppg and 4.9 rpg on .616 fg%

Yep, what a silly homer I am.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 08-28-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Local High School Star oldenpolynice's Avatar

Scola has much better touch on his shot and plays with an intelligence that I don't think Bass has acquired yet.

Bass plays with a lot of heart though. I'm not trying to knock him. He just needs more time in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    Yeah, but then you always were a decent poster. No surprise there.
    still waiting for your response. You called me out on "being a Laker fan", but still haven't offered any proof of all these rediculous arguments that you always say I make.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    Well I think the assumption was that Scola only has a few more years left at plaing at his current level.......I was simply implying that Scola has a good 5 prime years left. In the end that's all Houston needs, because their window will be well closed by then.

P.S.

Also I didn't like the "Scola is pushing 30" statement, because I'm almost as old as Scola and I don't like the thought of pushing 30.
    I can agree with that. He does not rely at all on athletic ability. He will be effective in his early 30's and at that point the Yao and T-Mac project will be over

bass b/c he is only 23.

but if its for one game for my life today... Scola.

but for the my team longterm, its Bass no question.

thing is, I doubt the MAvs will be able to afford to keep him after this year b/c they wont be able to match more than the MLE next year.

Why are posters still trying to keep this "Scola vs Bass" thread.....that has already been answered.....it's a Bass vs. Landry thread. I mean by the time Bass comes into his own.....Dirk is going to be DONE WITH DALLAS AND CUBAN...(there is no LONGTERM)..I'm just sayin
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 08-29-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    bass b/c he is only 23.

but if its for one game for my life today... Scola.

but for the my team longterm, its Bass no question.

thing is, I doubt the MAvs will be able to afford to keep him after this year b/c they wont be able to match more than the MLE next year.
    I expect a Bass breakout year too.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DOMINATOR's Avatar

so it's pretty much unanimous Scola > Bass.

I'd take Bass over landry because of landry's knees... however i love me some dunks. landry brings so much energy to the game Bass can not match him. Landry is the better player i think if he holds up.
    landry can hit the mid-range jumper which makes him the perfect picknroll player.

Myrrh

still waiting for your response. You called me out on "being a Laker fan", but still haven't offered any proof of all these rediculous arguments that you always say I make.
    I said you should be a Lakers fan with the reckless homerism you proudly display. Anytime anyone even dares to remotely doubt the supremacy of the Rockets you step in like a brave little soldier. Has been like this last year, hasn't changed this year. I can vaguely remember you being one of the more obnoxious posters during the last playoff bout between Houston and Utah, and if I'm not mistaken the year before, always strutting around like the Houston Pimp before games, always making excuses afterwards.

Pardon me if I'm mistaken and it was someone else, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

I said you should be a Lakers fan with the reckless homerism you proudly display.
    and yet, your dumb[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]ss...has not displayed any example of that....c'mon the post a example of the homer that you say I am.......uh, you can't

Anytime anyone even dares to remotely doubt the supremacy of the Rockets you step in like a brave little soldier.
    That's a damn cop-out....you waited a whole freakin day to post this crap..
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 11-28-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

I edited out the quote. Nobody has to read it anymore :)
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-29-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    Your right I edited my response.....the guy still needs to reply with a response on how I'm a homer.....that's something his pus[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]y ass has yet to do.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 08-29-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Myrrh

That's a damn cop-out....you waited a whole freakin day to post this sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t.. (even after I called you out like a little girl)...blah blah blah .......don't want to get banned because of the dumbass above....again blah blah blah.
    Dammit, you're even more stupid than I thought, and that's saying something.

Ever heard of that nifty little invention called "time zones"?

And don't worry about getting banned, I don't care much for your hysterical girly bla bla one way or the other, so that's fine by me. Get it out of your system.

Saw a basketball once Slim Rick's Avatar

Luis Scola is in his prime now and Bass is still developing so i'll go with Scola

First Post!!!!

Saw a basketball once

Scola is not the usual nba 28 year old bc his whole career has been in europe where the seasons are much shorter. He hasnt played no where near as much as a average 28 year old in the NBA. Hes got a good 4 strong years left in his career. He is still even getting better!