Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups BeeClips's Avatar

Default Re: Official Pinoy Thread

what ever happened to that gian chiu kid? i know he's on the national team, but he isn't at oberlin college anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by FlipBaller31
    Pinoy pride baby!

I play ball in a Flip league here in Sacramento, and on what i've seen all we really need is height.
    Not only height, we also need to take care of our bodies. Thing I notice is that kids who grow up in the states tend to take care of their bodies. You know, hit the gym, jog, lift weights, and WATCH WHAT THEY EAT.

No crispy pata, lechong kawali, sisig, lechon de leche, liempo.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Not only height, we also need to take care of our bodies. Thing I notice is that kids who grow up in the states tend to take care of their bodies. You know, hit the gym, jog, lift weights, and WATCH WHAT THEY EAT.

No crispy pata, lechong kawali, sisig, lechon de leche, liempo.
    That is a very optimistic stereotype. Most of my fellow Fil-Ams are very out-of-shape. Yeah, the fitness crowd is large in the US, but the fat lazy slob population is much, much larger. Imagine lechon, crispy pata, and liempo, but made with hormone-filled American meat (because I can tell you that we do still grow up on and eat Filipino food here). Then imagine how much pizza, hamburgers, fast food, and frozen quick meals your average American eats here.

American food is full of hormones that increase the size and quantity of our food, but decrease nutrition and quality. The imposing stature of many Americans, and in this case athletes, is due to the side-effects and accumulation of agricultural hormones we consume that lead to bigger, faster growth. In the long-run turns out a population more susceptible to disease and cancer.

Yeah I'm taller and bigger because I was born and raised here, but I think my cousins in Manila probably had better food to eat than the Costco crap I ate growing up. Maybe genetics and physiology have more to do with developing into an athlete than nutrition. Not to say nutrition is not important, but I think the first Filipino to play in the NBA will be from the Philippines and not from the States.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeClips
    That is a very optimistic stereotype.
    Good point. I think the pinoys back home are getting more conscious about their body. Every time I come home I see more and more people hitting the gym.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Mabuhay mga kabayan!

di ko gets

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

di ko gets
    He's greeting his country men.

Man, haven't been here in a while, mostly cause no one even cares to go to this part of ISH. Is it true that Willie's been traded for Cyrus Baguio?

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Man, haven't been here in a while, mostly cause no one even cares to go to this part of ISH. Is it true that Willie's been traded for Cyrus Baguio?
    Haven't followed PBA since I left home. Cyrus better ditch that awful headband.

I remember he was supposed to be UST's savior.

hello smart guy. do you think i would write "di ko gets" if i didnt know wtf he was saying? how would i even know the phrase?
    i was just wondering why he wasnt going with the flow of the conversation. and why the corny-a$$ greeting?

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

hello smart guy. do you think i would write "di ko gets" if i didnt know wtf he was saying? how would i even know the phrase?
    i was just wondering why he wasnt going with the flow of the conversation. and why the corny-a$$ greeting?
    Woah, sorry there dude. That's one of the things you must love about the internet - the ambiguity of what you read. Nevertheless, sorry 'bout that.

And unfortunately for you gasolina, he still wears it. I can't imagine him without it anymore though. It seems like it's already part of his style, like his acrobatic finishes and high energy.

Woah, sorry there dude. That's one of the things you must love about the internet - the ambiguity of what you read. Nevertheless, sorry 'bout that.

And unfortunately for you gasolina, he still wears it. I can't imagine him without it anymore though. It seems like it's already part of his style, like his acrobatic finishes and high energy.
    haha... apologies for sounding rude. chuuurrrs

ang sasagwa naman ng english grammar nio , wag na kaiong magenglish
    anyways , basketball in the philippines sucks , filipino's are to midget to play basketball
    Last edited by snipes12; 05-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12
    ang sasagwa naman ng english grammar nio , wag na kaiong magenglish
    anyways , basketball in the philippines sucks , filipino's are to midget to play basketball

LOL , You can go suck a dick , or get lost... no one is askin you to read our posts here.. get losts or get banned.

And our grammar is better than yours so , I dont know what the heck you talkin about.

I'm Filipino and I'm only like 5'2 (16 yo btw) and i still ball with whoever regardless of height, probably because all my best friends are black and were always taller than me so i got used to having to really on a high bball IQ.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Llaban
    I'm Filipino and I'm only like 5'2 (16 yo btw) and i still ball with whoever regardless of height, probably because all my best friends are black and were always taller than me so i got used to having to really on a high bball IQ.

yep you are right.. our advantage would be our speed and shooting i suppose