Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: I just got offered a job at Hollister...is this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    OK, it comes down to this. If there is an abundance of hot chicks and you think you can pull one then work there and if you really hate it, then after you **** one of them, quit.

Really is that simple. And if you really hate it and can't pull one of them then all it means is that you quit earlier.
    Words of wisdom.

National High School Star

the deal is everyone knows hollister ect is for preps . you get those clothes then you're asking for the metro and gaay jokes, it comes with the clothes. people dont shop there just for the look of the clothes, they shop there because thats the idenity they want. its like that with all clothes though. you want to wear heavy metal/black shirts like hippos then you want to be known as guy that likes rock music and is a burn out. you want to wear white t shirts and jeans then you want to be known as a person that either dosent care about looks or is just lame.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    the deal is everyone knows hollister ect is for preps . you get those clothes then you're asking for the metro and gaay jokes, it comes with the clothes. people dont shop there just for the look of the clothes, they shop there because thats the idenity they want. its like that with all clothes though. you want to wear heavy metal/black shirts like hippos then you want to be known as guy that likes rock music and is a burn out. you want to wear white t shirts and jeans then you want to be known as a person that either dosent care about looks or is just lame.
    I've often wondered why I wear the shirts I wear and I'd have to say it isn't because I want to be seen as a metal head. To me, this is what metal heads wear:

I for some reason like skulls on some of my shirts, but I don't want to be viewed as a metal head, nor do people I know say I look like one.

Only one of those shirts were black and it was a skater/surfer type t-shirt.

I prefer lighter colored shirts,yellow is my favorite and other summer/beach colors. I haven't worn a black shirt in like 4 years.

What were you wearing when you walked into Hollister?

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    Metro? I thought metrosexuals were supposed to have a sense of style, instead of an obsession with a few stupid brands.

And heavy metal/black shirts? Where do you live? At least in california, those are the most common shirts that you can see anyone where. Maybe it comes with the skate/surf culture here but those are pretty much the standard at a place like nordstroms or tillys. Hippos is right, if you want a "heavy metal" look you'd wear some band shirt thats just a graphic on a bad quality black shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I am going to college 2 1/2 hours away from where the store is located.
    Okay if it wasn't before, this question just became stupid...

NBA Superstar

Crazy.

Crazy.
    Hippos, never buy those kind of shirts for retail. Just wait for the sale, you'll be the only one buying them.

I can't stand skulls. I liked that "burton clash" shirt you posted though.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    Hippos, never buy those kind of shirts for retail. Just wait for the sale, you'll be the only one buying them.

I can't stand skulls. I liked that "burton clash" shirt you posted though.
    It depends. Some shirts like that are really cheap than others are $60+ which is crazy.

I obviously like all the ones I posted, but that Burton one is probably my least favorite of the bunch.

It depends. Some shirts like that are really cheap than others are $60+ which is crazy.

I obviously like all the ones I posted, but that Burton one is probably my least favorite of the bunch.
    I was at the outlet mall last week and every store had something with big skulls on it like that. I don't digg having skulls on my shirt, but for you it would have been heavenly.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    I was at the outlet mall last week and every store had something with big skulls on it like that. I don't digg having skulls on my shirt, but for you it would have been heavenly.
    See, I don't buy shirts with skulls just for the sake of having skulls on em like a ****load of shirts are these days, but I got a lot of Miskeen shirts with skulls on em, and a lot of Misfits shirts. So people think I'm goin with the trend, but it's not the trend.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    The jeans I bought were $40 and $60, pretty average if you ask me. And the shirts were $13 each...maaaad cheap.
    forty dollars...lol. Thats Maaaaad expensive.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

These are shirts that hippos would wear:

This is some of the stuff I'd wear unless I'm at a function, a nice dinner, at a serious club worthy of high fashion, etc.
    Are you the skate/wakeboard/water ski type?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Are you the skate/wakeboard/water ski type?
    I have a cottage and I wake board and jet-ski heavily, yes.

As for skulls, not many of my shirts have skulls on them and I've been wearing ones that do for years so it's not a "follow the trend" thing for me.

We're thinking of getting a new Sea-Doo RXP X. The ones that go like 90 mph or something. lol or the Wake one.
    Last edited by i seen hippos; 08-21-2008 at 05:31 PM.