Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546 LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Don't worry about it much, you are gonna want to start from scratch after this and explore the sides of the game you did not due to the decisions you made so it's all good.
    Don't spread your perks all over the place, you should heavily invest in 2h/Heavy/Smithing then some useful talents like Ennchant and Alchemy boosts so you can enhance your damage output and survivability.
    All in all don't worry about a thing just learn the game on this toon and keep the stuff you want to do on your mind for when you build a new character.
    i can only play about 2 hours at most during the weekday. i can see why people say this game can consume you because it's addicting as fukk. i read this whole thread from the beginning and gotten some helpful tips via clippersfan86. will definitely try a different class once i thoroughly out use my dude. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
    So no game breaking problems or glitches on PS3? Because I heard it had problems at launch. I played it on PC but my friend might buy it for PS3. I actually didnt play it much because of time constraints, but i enjoyed it plenty.
    It froze a couple of times while on some random load screen but I attribute it to hours of playing without quitting the game or even turning off the console. Other than that no problems everything was pretty smooth.

Anyone got the DLC yet, can you provide some feedback if you have.

thx

This is really lazy of me but I've got a couple or three questions.

1. I this the type of game, even if I get totally consumed by it, will take a long time to beat? Like is it a game I could play for weeks and even months doing stuff?

2. What kind of game is it, exactly? I'm the type of person whose gaming consists of sports games 99.9% of the time. The only two non-sports games I've really gotten into since, like, the Super Nintendo and N64 days are GTA and RDR. I guess I've also gotten pretty into Fable 1 and 2, so it doesn't have to be a GTA or RDR type game to hold my interest.

3. Didn't the first game come out in the 90s or something like that? Would I be totally lost if I bought Skyrim without ever playing any of the first four games?

I've heard a lot of good things about this game, but I want an idea of what I'd be getting before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    This is really lazy of me but I've got a couple or three questions.

1. I this the type of game, even if I get totally consumed by it, will take a long time to beat? Like is it a game I could play for weeks and even months doing stuff?
    Yes. Absolutely. This game has about 1000 things to do at a time, and you'll want to do all of them. Level up, collect armor, walk to every city, do side quests all day (side quests here are as good as some other games' main quests, especially thief and assassin's guild.

2. What kind of game is it, exactly? I'm the type of person whose gaming consists of sports games 99.9% of the time. The only two non-sports games I've really gotten into since, like, the Super Nintendo and N64 days are GTA and RDR. I guess I've also gotten pretty into Fable 1 and 2, so it doesn't have to be a GTA or RDR type game to hold my interest.
    It's a role playing game, so it will be slightly similar to Fable, but it's much deeper, much better graphics, and much bigger. You'll be levelling up your skills not through experience, but through using them. Ie: when you land a hit with your sword say for example 1000 times, you level up one handed weaponry by 1. This will make you spend a loooot of time doing alchemy to improve it, a lot of time casting spells on weak animals to improve your spell power etc.

3. Didn't the first game come out in the 90s or something like that? Would I be totally lost if I bought Skyrim without ever playing any of the first four games?
    The stories are completely independent. I know nothing at all before Oblivion, but everything is fine for me personally.

I've heard a lot of good things about this game, but I want an idea of what I'd be getting before buying it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgvuK_WLU0 This will give a brief overview. Generally machinima have very good and unbiased reviews.

PS. If you have the choice, buy it for PC. Obviously you'll need a good video card to run it, but if you can, PC all the way. It's about twice as big a game for PC because of all the mods.

I've had the itch to sign back up for WoW again lately.. Then my gf just recently re-purchased Skyrim and has been playing it a lot lately. It has made me want to go re-buy it myself.. I can't even remember what level I am but I got sick and tired of going in doors and the game freezing on me.

I think today is the day I go repurchase it and hope the freezing doesn't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I've had the itch to sign back up for WoW again lately.. Then my gf just recently re-purchased Skyrim and has been playing it a lot lately. It has made me want to go re-buy it myself.. I can't even remember what level I am but I got sick and tired of going in doors and the game freezing on me.

I think today is the day I go repurchase it and hope the freezing doesn't continue.
    Buy Guild wars 2, it's the next generation MMO I have only heard good things about it and if that was not enough it's only purchase and no subscription fee is required.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Buy Guild wars 2, it's the next generation MMO I have only heard good things about it and if that was not enough it's only purchase and no subscription fee is required.
    I have a friend at work who is buying this and is totally geek'd for it.. He's put on a full assult for me to buy it also.. I'm still on the fence about it and for no good reason.

I know only a few people care about Skyrim but there's a new DLC called Dragonborn. I'm too lazy to post the details so just look it up on google. I'm still pissed off I wanna get back to Skyrim but I can't because there's nothing new to do.

I never finished it.. I love these games but I just don't have the attention span for them

Same thing happened with Red Dead Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I know only a few people care about Skyrim but there's a new DLC called Dragonborn. I'm too lazy to post the details so just look it up on google. I'm still pissed off I wanna get back to Skyrim but I can't because there's nothing new to do.
    I bought Hearthfire and Dawngaurd last week because they were at a discount on Xbox live and i knew a new DLC would be coming out by christmas.

So the plan is to buy the new DLC and start a new game playing all 3 dlcs.Might take 600 hours or so.

The other day, I go over to my gf's house and she's playing Skyrim.. put's itch pack inside me. I fix the bug that made my game freeze when I went into water (PS3 issue) and then proceeded to lose about 48 hours of my life to this game.. so damned addictive.

I need money in the worst way. Just perked up to Ebony smithing and lost my bank roll. I think I'm gonna enchant another weapon with the soul trap and then just trap a bunch of petty souls and enchant some daggers..

Finally got Dragonborn an Hearthfire. Gonna get Dawnguard this Tuesday and I'm set!

I created a Nord Battlemage to be my main role-playing character. My Imperial guy would just go around and do every shit in the game and be the king of everything

Anyone play as a hunter? Seems pretty cool.. might try this one day.

I bought dragonborn the day it came out and i didnt even play it.