Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Top ten players in the NBA?

Ranking should be done based on gaps since most of the players aren't that much ahead of each other.

1) Lebron

huge gap

2) Durant

little gap

3-7) Kobe/Wade/Paul/Westbrook/Melo/Deron/Rose/Parker/playoff Rondo are in the same tier if all healthy. Harden still unproven though.

8-10) Howard/Duncan/Noah in a similar tier as far as bigs go

Issue with the PGs/SGs is the fact almost every one of them can be locked up with a bigger/longer but just as athletic defender on them. Westbrook is the rare one that doesn't care, usually he is the one shutting himself down.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Dwight is probably the most criticized superstar in the game. Im not saying you're wrong. But you have always had kind of a bias towards athletic big men.
    Yeah I agree, look Dwight is excellent player (and yes I as bias but I still am not blinded that much by hate that I can't see he's a elite player) but my point is you can't take away points from Duncan (for the rankings) just cause he plays with Tony Parker and not take anything away from Dwight since he was unable to do a lot of things this past season on offense in particular.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Yeah I agree, look Dwight is excellent player (and yes I as bias but I still am not blinded that much by hate that I can't see he's a elite player) but my point is you can't take away points from Duncan (for the rankings) just cause he plays with Tony Parker and not take anything away from Dwight since he was unable to do a lot of things this past season on offense in particular.
    Honestly, I think you both make good points. TP is a baller, but Duncan is still their most important player imo. And Dwight still looks like hot garbage trying to create his own shot. But when it comes to overall impact, the guy can still give you 18ppg, elite defense, and lead the league in rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Ranking should be done based on gaps since most of the players aren't that much ahead of each other.

1) Lebron

huge gap

2) Durant

little gap

3-7) Kobe/Wade/Paul/Westbrook/Melo/Deron/Rose/Parker/playoff Rondo are in the same tier if all healthy. Harden still unproven though.

8-10) Howard/Duncan/Noah in a similar tier as far as bigs go

Issue with the PGs/SGs is the fact almost every one of them can be locked up with a bigger/longer but just as athletic defender on them. Westbrook is the rare one that doesn't care, usually he is the one shutting himself down.
    Noah is definitely underrated. Dwight is the only center I would take over him at the moment. Not a huge Marc Gasol fan.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Honestly, I think you both make good points. TP is a baller, but Duncan is still their most important player imo. And Dwight still looks like hot garbage trying to create his own shot. But when it comes to overall impact, the guy can still give you 18ppg, elite defense, and lead the league in rebounding.
    Numbers aside on pure impact on a game and who is more likely to win you a game who would you take than? To me impact is more important than just numbers.

College superstar

Lebron
    Durant
    Paul
    Howard
    Harden
    Dirk
    Melo
    Wade
    M. Gasol
    Bosh

I left out any seriously injured player... mostly, Kobe, Rose, Westbrook, Love.. for the purposes of this thread.

Noah is definitely underrated. Dwight is the only center I would take over him at the moment. Not a huge Marc Gasol fan.
    Yea Gasol is overrated as ****. Noah is even a better passer/playmaker than him and Bulls actually run their offense through him out of the high post. But Gasol gets some flashy behind the back passes and he gets all this hype as the best passing big while Noah is busy getting triple doubles. Noah is also the better defender and rebounder. Gasol's DPOY was a joke, Duncan/Noah showed in the playoffs how overhyped Gasol is. Dude is too passive and soft, 7 foot huge skilled player out there playing like he is a bench warmer. Duncan and Noah got that fire, Gasoft doesnt just like his bro.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    I can't agree with the Kobe opinion because of the injury and I question his defence last year but each to their own opinion. I don't understand what your talking about what coaches are 'thinking or preparing. From most peoples perspective including people in the NBA like Chuck and etc the Lakers are going to 'stink bro'.

P.S Rondo has some serious skills and he plays very hard in the play offs. Wouldn't underestimate him he gets triple doubles easier then Lebron.
    Rondo is a very good player, but I can't see putting him over the more versatile PGs like Williams, Parker and Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Numbers aside on pure impact on a game and who is more likely to win you a game who would you take than? To me impact is more important than just numbers.
    I would definitely take Duncan still. I might be kind of biased because I just saw TD dominate at times in the Finals. But if I need one game to win, im still taking him over Dwight. I like Dwight a lot, but I don't think you can win with him as your best player. And thats not even because of his ugly offense. The guy is just too immature. I mean, it wasn't that long ago he was the best player on a team that went to the Finals and ECF the next season. Its amazing to me he still hasn't really grown up.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Yea Gasol is overrated as ****. Noah is even a better passer/playmaker than him and Bulls actually run their offense through him out of the high post. But Gasol gets some flashy behind the back passes and he gets all this hype as the best passing big while Noah is busy getting triple doubles. Noah is also the better defender and rebounder. Gasol's DPOY was a joke, Duncan/Noah showed in the playoffs how overhyped Gasol is. Dude is too passive and soft, 7 foot huge skilled player out there playing like he is a bench warmer. Duncan and Noah got that fire, Gasoft doesnt just like his bro.
    Gasol isn't soft at all, this is literally the first time I heard this. I would personally take Gasol over Noah, because of his better post game and mid range shot. I also think he's better than Noah on defense against other bigs, however Noah is better on switches and P n R.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Lebron
    Durant
    Paul
    Howard
    Harden
    Dirk
    Melo
    Wade
    M. Gasol
    Bosh

I left out any seriously injured player... mostly, Kobe, Rose, Westbrook, Love.. for the purposes of this thread.
    I don't think Gasol or Bosh are top 10. I would honestly put Noah there if we aren't counting Westbrook, Kobe, or Rose.

Im going to have to agree here. Noah on one foot dominated Brook Lopez and was hell for the Heat with his help defense. Gasol has nice offensive game and all that, but give me Noah's fire and leadership. Plus, I don't care what the numbers might say, Noah is a better defender.

Im going to have to agree here. Noah on one foot dominated Brook Lopez and was hell for the Heat with his help defense. Gasol has nice offensive game and all that, but give me Noah's fire and leadership. Plus, I don't care what the numbers might say, Noah is a better defender.
    I agree with you. I would only put a healthy Howard in front of Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Gasol isn't soft at all, this is literally the first time I heard this. I would personally take Gasol over Noah, because of his better post game and mid range shot. I also think he's better than Noah on defense against other bigs, however Noah is better on switches and P n R.
    Gasol's better post game and jumpshot is irrelevant because he is not a dominant scorer. Too passive when he should be dominating. Noah can score the same points on same efficiency off hustle and energy. Noah is also the MUCH better rebounder and defender in the post or perimeter. Noah's Game 7 vs Nets>>>Gasol's career.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I agree with you. I would only put a healthy Howard in front of Noah.