Thread: Pre-season 2019
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 11:08 PM   #166
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Pre-season 2019

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-...from-utah-jazz

Quote:
Since arriving in Utah, Quin Snyder has developed a culture of player development and improvement. He has led the Jazz to a 227-183 record which is impressive considering his first season started the year after Utah had one of its worst seasons in franchise history. He helped develop Rudy Gobert into a defensive player of the year winner. He coached Gordon Hayward into an All-Star. He helped Derrick Favors in his transition from power forward to center and through injuries. One of his assistants was even hired as a head coach in Phoenix, Igor Kokoskov. He is credited with polishing diamond in the rough prospects like Joe Ingles and Royce OíNeale.

Yeah he deserves the credit for what Rudy has done. They have been one of the worst teams in the league without Rudy. Hayward is no all-star. Favors and Kanter might still be going at it!

Quote:
Utah Jazz Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Dennis Lindsey (can we work on a more succinct title than that one, please Utah?) has spoken many times how when he was in San Antonio they emulated what the Jazz did during the 90s. Whether it was keeping a consistent core with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili or making the coach a staple in the organization with Greg Popovich. Since arriving on the scene in Utah, Lindsey has emulated San Antonio which means that Utah just got back to basics. They found their coach in Quin Snyder and their core in Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert. Now theyíre committed being patient and let time get results.

same philosophy of patience got Stockton and Malone what? Going on 5 years since Rudy emerged. You can't waste years like that

Quote:
I woulda waited until the end of the yr.with this talent it should of been prove it type yr. This will probably be the most talented team he has and if he canít get us to the wcf I would of looked elsewhere

Posted by martin84 on Oct 19, 2019 | 3:30 PM

Yep let's see how good he really is. After the thin bench he's certainy my biggest concern

Quote:
I maybe in the minority here but if he doesnít get it done this yr I donít think he ever will. The clippers maybe the only other team in the west that has a complete roster besides us

Posted by martin84 on Oct 19, 2019 | 6:24 PM

This year and next and than Rudy, Donovan, Conley, Ingles have to be paid. That's why you don't waste years. They may have won it last year if they'd got Conley who knows

Quote:
QS is better than all of those coaches in my opinion. Heís done more with less.

Posted by Karl Stalone 32 on Oct 19, 2019 | 6:37 PM

I'd say Rivers has had less the past two years for sure

Quote:
You probably would have fired Sloan after the Jazz got bounced by the Sonics in '96
Posted by Mychal Lowman on Oct 19, 2019 | 7:56 PM

When they went from 1st to 3rd the first time with two HOFers he should have been gone for sure.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote