Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: I guarantee the grizzlies win the championship

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I'm rooting for this matchup, definitely the best chance of taking out Miami which would make Memphis America's team. But the Heat might take a page from the '90s Bulls and just swarm/trap the perimeter so the ball can't even get to the bigs. It'd be up to Conley to make good plays under pressure...dunno how I feel about that.
    Spo isnt a good enough coach to do that.

The Heat started to do a full court press on the Bulls in their series, they got turnovers, Bulls ran out of time to get a good shot off, then the team went back to zone defense when the press was working? Spo doesnt know or doesnt recognise matchup problems often enough for the Heat to swarm/trap Memphis on a consistent basis. Lebron pretty much runs this team, Spo is just there for encouragement and stupid cliche phrases and maybe one or two common plays all coaches know how to do.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    The Heat likely goes with the same line up they do every time they play a team with two bigs.

Bosh / Birdman
    Battier
    LeBron
    Wade / Allen
    Chalmers / Cole

Somebody at PF is going to play defense out of their comfort zone by having to stick Battier or LeBron. Neither Z-Bo nor Gasol are going to want to camp out on the outside. OKC has tried doing this a few times with Durant at the 4, but that gives Memphis too much of an advantage on the boards.

Miami has done a good job against the Bulls thus far of not letting the size advantage get out of control.
    Zbo would eat up Battier and/or Lebron on the boards. Im afraid the refs would get Zach in foul trouble though with all their flopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Zbo would eat up Battier and/or Lebron on the boards. Im afraid the refs would get Zach in foul trouble though with all their flopping...
    Yeah.

I could imagine Battier and Lebron going into full-flop mode too. They are going to harass and fustrate Z-bo no end. If anyone saw the Bulls series, Battier was allowed to foul the shit out of Noah and the refs never called it. Z-Bo will likely get called with alot of fouls when he positions for an offensive rebound and the Heat players jostle and pull at him, only for Z-bo to get more physical and have the foul called on him.

I'm starting to get negative on the NBA, I watch it because I'm passionate about basketball, but in the back of my mind I know the result and why. The process of rigging is so complex that the casual fan won't see it and the cronies will continue to make money off the stars and the big teams. With the few exceptions like 2004, this league more than ever before is geared towards stars in star teams having success. 2002 is a reminder of the fact that rigging games is present.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Spo isnt a good enough coach to do that.

The Heat started to do a full court press on the Bulls in their series, they got turnovers, Bulls ran out of time to get a good shot off, then the team went back to zone defense when the press was working? Spo doesnt know or doesnt recognise matchup problems often enough for the Heat to swarm/trap Memphis on a consistent basis. Lebron pretty much runs this team, Spo is just there for encouragement and stupid cliche phrases and maybe one or two common plays all coaches know how to do.
    You are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    You are clueless.
    That sounds like a butthurt response

Very insightful, by all means break down why I'm wrong dude, i know you're a Heat fan just so you know...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    That sounds like a butthurt response

Very insightful, by all means break down why I'm wrong dude, i know you're a Heat fan just so you know...

Erik Spoelstra forgot more basketball in a than you ever knew. And he's one of the very best coaches currently in the professional ranks. He's a hand picked disciple of Pat Riley. The same Pat Riley who possess more acumen for the game of basketball in his pinky, than most do in their entire body. And for you to make some foolish assertion, I.E "Spo doesnt know or doesnt recognise matchup problems often enough" makes you sound ridiculous. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Erik Spoelstra forgot more basketball in a than you ever knew. And he's one of the very best coaches currently in the professional ranks. He's a hand picked disciple of Pat Riley. The same Pat Riley who possess more acumen for the game of basketball in his pinky, than most do in their entire body. And for you to make some foolish assertion, I.E "Spo doesnt know or doesnt recognise matchup problems often enough" makes you sound ridiculous. Just saying.

Spo a great coach or a great motivational speaker? LOL Man, just because Riley was a great coach in his own right, does not mean he is great at handpicking another coach... You would think Michael Jordan would be at least sound at running a basketball organisation with his basketball knowledge and how good he was at the game, but he sucks as a GM.

Yes I said it, Spo doesnt recognise matchup problems often enough and often let's the team change a plan that was working, ie the full court press on the bulls...Still you haven't broken down exactly what Spo has brought to the table, or proved me wrong in anyway. Try giving me examples of Spo implementing "one of the very best coaches currently in the professional ranks" plays...

POP on the other hand...
    Last edited by poido123; 05-14-2013 at 09:13 PM.