Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    He is the only example if you don't consider players like Stojakovic , Gasol , . or Petrovic stars , there are players that are playing better in NBA than in Euroleague but aren't considered stars like Pekovic ( I think he is top 5 C and because of that consider him a star but you probably wouldn't agree if I said he is a star ) , Rubio , Dragic etc. and you have players that play just as good in EL and NBA like Shved for example . Spanoulis could play in NBA just as good as in EL ( don't know if that would be good enough to be considered a star ) but unlike Pekovic he doesn't want to wait for a chance while players he's better than are playing .

Yes I forgot about Stojakovic, Petrovic and Gasol. AK47 came over to the NBA when he was 20 and was not a Euroleague star yet, unless you're counting last year.

Pekovic is not an NBA star, he is not even in discussion for an All-star birth.

About Spanoulis, every 12th man on every team believes they are better than the players ahead of them getting minutes, if not they should not even be suiting up.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Yes I forgot about Stojakovic, Petrovic and Gasol. AK47 came over to the NBA when he was 20 and was not a Euroleague star yet, unless you're counting last year.

Pekovic is not an NBA star, he is not even in discussion for an All-star birth.

About Spanoulis, every 12th man on every team believes they are better than the players ahead of them getting minutes, if not they should not even be suiting up.
    Just because you don't think Pekovic is a top 5 C it doesn't mean he isn't . Spanoulis is underrated here because of Euroleague ( the poster ) but he is better than Rubio , Shved or Dragic and that's a fact , that's like saying Lebron is better than MWP , you can't argue that . Go to any forum about European basketball or ask some people that follow it and they will tell you that too .

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Stojakovic, Gasol and Kirilenko all came to the NBA very young, years before they reached basketball maturity.
    I don't agree with this ( well maybe you are right for Kirilenko ) , do you know how they played Europe ?

Just because you don't think Pekovic is a top 5 C it doesn't mean he isn't . Spanoulis is underrated here because of Euroleague ( the poster ) but he is better than Rubio , Shved or Dragic and that's a fact , that's like saying Lebron is better than MWP , you can't argue that . Go to any forum about European basketball or ask some people that follow it and they will tell you that too .

Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few.

And as for Spanoulis, in Europe he was better. The NBA is a different game, more suited to a player like Rubio and Dragic. Spanoulis played a full season in the NBA and did not impress.

I don't agree with this ( well maybe you are right for Kirilenko ) , do you know how they played Europe ?
    I guess it's not fair to them to say they weren't stars in Europe, but Gasol and Stojakovic both left Europe when they were 20. They were very young talents who came to the NBA and grew into their potential.

Ginobili on the other hand was already (at least supposedly) in his prime in Europe. It's just a very different situation. No player other than Ginobili made the switch in his prime and maintained a star presence.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Howard, Noah, Horford, Jefferson, Bosh, Chandler, Love, Gasol, Cousins, Lopez, Monroe, Vucevic, and Varejao to name a few.

And as for Spanoulis, in Europe he was better. The NBA is a different game, more suited to a player like Rubio and Dragic. Spanoulis played a full season in the NBA and did not impress.
    We clearly disagree about Pekovic ( or maybe on how good are guys you named ) but let's take that to NBA part of the forum . Spanoulis is better than them in any league , Pekovic played full NBA season and didn't impress but in his second he did so that argument isn't very good .

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I guess it's not fair to them to say they weren't stars in Europe, but Gasol and Stojakovic both left Europe when they were 20. They were very young talents who came to the NBA and grew into their potential.

Ginobili on the other hand was already (at least supposedly) in his prime in Europe. It's just a very different situation. No player other than Ginobili made the switch in his prime and maintained a star presence.
    Well Ginobili played for best coach so that helped him . There is anothere player that was star in Europe and played good in NBA but I don't know if he can be called a star , Kukoc .