Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Team building game 2013. Now with coaches and a prize that isnt worth your time.

Coach: Tom Thibodeou

PG: Jrue Holiday, Bobby Jackson

SG: Brandon Roy, Jason Terry, Anthony Parker

SF: Kevin Durant, Tayshaun Prince

PF: Kevin Love, Nene, Earl Clark

C: Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler

Default Re: Team building game 2013. Now with coaches and a prize that isnt worth your time.

Heres my fourth crack at it, out of boredom:

Group 2: Christopher Paul, Alonzo Mourning
    Group 3: Elton Brand
    Group 4: Stephen Curry, Paul George, Andrei Kirilenko
    Group 5: Mike Dunleavy Sr., Andre Miller, Mihael Redd
    Group 6: Brad Miller, Shane Battier
    Group 7: Eddie House, Robin Lopez

PG: Chris Paul | Andre Miller
    SG: Stephen Curry | Michael Redd | Eddie House
    SF: Paul George | Shane Battier
    PF: Elton Brand | Andrei Kirilenko
    CE: Alonzo Mourning | Brad Miller | Robin Lopez
    Coach: Mike Dunleavy

Starting unit has amazing defense sans Curry and with Chris Paul spoonfeeding the other four, it should be high scoring. Bench has savvy vets, shooters and defenders. Think its my best so far.

Saw a basketball once

Group 2 - "Good luck scoring on this team" team

Coach - Tom Thibodeau (4)

Starters
    PG: Gary Payton (2)
    SG: Joe Dumars (pre-Hill) (3)
    SF: Scottie Pippen (2)
    PF: Horace Grant (5)
    C: Marc Gasol (4)

Bench
    PG: Mookie Blaylock (5)
    SG: Michael Cooper (6)
    SF: Paul George (4)
    PF: Serge Ibaka (6)
    C: Tyson Chandler (Hornets to now) (5)

SG/SF: Anthony Parker (7)
    PF/C: Larry Sanders (7)

This team has three DPotY winners in Payton, Cooper, and Chandler. Horace Grant and Marc Gasol are great interior defenders, and are backed up by Ibaka, Tyson Chandler, and Larry Sanders, also great at defending the interior. In the starting lineup, between Payton, Dumars, and Pippen, there are 21 NBA All-Defensive 1st Team selections and 3 NBA All-Defensive 2nd Team selections.

Off the bench are Mookie, Coop, Paul George, Ibaka, Tyson Chandler, Anthony Parker, and Larry Sanders. All are good to excellent defenders, with Cooper and Chandler being DPotY winners.

Group A

C: Shaq (1) / Asik (6)
    Pf: Odom (4) / Taj (6) / Horry (5)
    Sf: Paul Millsap (5) / Odom(4) / Horry (5) / Rambis (7)
    Sg: Steph Curry (4) / JR Smith (5)/ Novak(7)
    Pg: Andre Miller (5) / Tony Allen (6)

Coach: Adelman to keep b1tches in line

Starring the MDE, feat. ridic shooter ever Curry in place of kobe. Curry fills kobe's role really well, being able to make outside shots as well as penetrate and make plays. This is basically the threepeat lakers on super steroids, HGH, german tech, protoss tech, etc. Steph definately would take more of a spot role, with miller handing and point duties.

Starting unit combines for something like (approximated shaq's avg as 28/12/3, using career avg for other 4):

87pts /36 reb/22 ast

The only weakness I can see is that steph curry cant guard shit. When facing the kobe's, lebron's, prime t-mac's of the NBA, would sub Tony Allen for defense and try to slow them down. Could also rotate Asik/Taj in to the 4 for bodies in the paint

Shaq
    Asik/Taj
    Odom
    Curry
    Allen

Would be crazy good at masking Curry's only weakness. Offense is never a problem with Shaq and Curry on the court
    Last edited by UnbiasedGuy; 04-14-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Group 1 - "Miami Heat-like" team

Coach: Erik Spoelstra (4)

Starters
    SG: Ricky Pierce (5)
    SF: LeBron James (1)
    C: Larry Nance (4)

Bench
    PG: Nate McMillan (5)
    SG: Drazen Petrovic (4)
    SF/PF: Shane Battier (6)
    SG/SF: Kyle Korver (6)
    PF/C: Serge Ibaka (6)
    SF/PF: Steve Novak (7)

I tried to make this team most like the Miami Heat as they are currently constructed. Erik Spoelstra is the coach, and the roles of LeBron/Wade/Bosh go to LeBron, Ricky Pierce, and Larry Nance, respectively. Blaylock and McMillan play the roles of Chalmers and Cole, Horace Grant is the team's Haslem, Ibaka and Sanders are better than Joel Anthony and Birdman, and the roles of Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, and Rashard Lewis are played by Drazen Petrovic, Shane Battier, Kyle Korver, and Steve Novak, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Pullicin
    Group 1 - "Miami Heat-like" team

Coach: Erik Spoelstra (4)

Starters
    SG: Ricky Pierce (5)
    SF: LeBron James (1)
    C: Larry Nance (4)

Bench
    PG: Nate McMillan (5)
    SF/PF: Shane Battier (6)
    SG/SF: Kyle Korver (6)
    PF/C: Serge Ibaka (6)
    SF/PF: Steve Novak (7)

I tried to make this team most like the Miami Heat as they are currently constructed. Erik Spoelstra is the coach, and the roles of LeBron/Wade/Bosh go to LeBron, Ricky Pierce, and Larry Nance, respectively. Blaylock and McMillan play the roles of Chalmers and Cole, Horace Grant is the team's Haslem, Ibaka and Sanders are better than Joel Anthony and Birdman, and the roles of Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, and Rashard Lewis are played by Drazen Petrovic, Shane Battier, Kyle Korver, and Steve Novak, respectively.
    Youd get destroyed by my team with shaq

1 from group 1
    3 from group 4
    4 from group 5
    3 from group 6
    2 from group 7

Shaq 94-02
    George Karl
    Peja(kings)
    Stephon Curry now
    Michael Redd
    Richard Jefferson nets
    Raja Bell(Suns)
    Paul Millsap
    Asik
    Ibaka
    Kirk Hinrich
    Tyrus thomas
    Jason Kapono

Coach: George Karl
    PG: Steph Curry / Kirk Hinrich
    SG: Michael Redd / Jason Kapono / Raja Bell
    SF: Peja (Kings) / Richard Jefferson (Nets)
    PF: Serge Ibaka / Paul Millsap
    C: Shaq / Omer Asik

I think they win the chip if placed in todays league

Alternate #1 team without Shaq since that's the easy way out:
    1 from group 1
    3 from group 4
    4 from group 5
    3 from group 6
    2 from group 7

Coach: Tom Thibodeau
    PG: Jameer Nelson / Ramon Sessions
    SG: Prime Jordan / Steve Novak
    SF: Michael Redd / Tayshaun Prince / Hedo Turkoglu
    PF: Prime AK47 / Anderson Varajao / Brad Miller
    C: Prime Camby / Hornets Chandler

I think they definitely contend, little weak in the backcourt outside of Jordan and Redd but prime Jordan can make up for their deficiences and Turkolgu and Nelson can shoot so they'd be fine.

Option #2
    2 from group 2
    1 from group 3
    3 from group 4
    3 from group 5
    2 fom goup 6
    2 from group 7

Coach: Jeff Van Gundy
    PG: Jrue Holiday / Andre Miller (peak)
    SG: Steve Francis / Michael Redd / Eddie House
    SF: Kevin Durant / Tim Thomas / Earl Clark
    PF: Rasheed Wallace / Emeka Okafor
    C: Alonzo Mourning / Omer Asik

I actually think this team came out pretty balanced and they would definitely contend. No doubt.

Yes I am very bored

Saw a basketball once

Group 2

Coach: Rick Adelman (4)

Starters
    PG: Terry Porter (3)
    SG: Raja Bell (Suns) (5)
    SF: Kevin Durant (2)
    PF: Pau Gasol (2)
    C: Marc Gasol (4)

Bench
    PG: Jason Terry (Mavs) (5)
    SF: Shane Battier (6)
    C: Brad Miller (Pacers/Kings) (6)
    PG: Mike James (7)
    SF: Steve Novak (7)

I believe that this team is perfectly built to run Coach Adelman's Corner Set offense. The Gasol brothers are excellent passers, and everyone on the team can shoot as well as pass. On defense, the team is above-average.

kblaze please do me (slightly homo)

Learning to shoot layups AndOn3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im getting the feeling you are building a super up version of Dwights Magic.

Wilt is Dwight on roids...will settle for low shots long as he gets the ball similar to swight....Curry>Jameer Nelson by a lot. Plus terry off the bench? cooper/Bruce/JR all shoot. Artest/Nance/Wilt are a great defensive frontcourt.

Plus shooters who can play the 4....eaton to mop up minutes when Wilt only wants 44.

I happen to know Wilt hated but came to accept the 3....but I dont know if he accepts his team shooting 800. But if he did...he plays Dwight role twice as well.

For all the talk about Wilt not showing this or that...he sure as hell showed more skill than Dwight usually does. Added to that hes a legit 7'1'' and Dwight is what? notch under 6'10''? Wilt is also much heavier...and a great passer which Dwight has yet to become?

I could see them playing spoiler to one of these super talented teams...then getting knocked out when a team has 2 quick guards and Cooper can only guard one o them.

Curry cant keep his ankles in one piece as it is. Id love to see him one on one vs Tim Hardaway with 2 minutes left up 1.
    That's exactly where offense-defense substitutions come in handy. Assuming people start to Hack-A-Wilt when they're inevitably losing and can't stop a combo of interior and perimeter dominance, SVG can throw in Bowen on defense and sub him out whenever necessary. Either way, Curry has proven that he is improving as a defender and can probably be switched off onto the least mobile of the wings, as Artest, Bowen, and Coop can all guard all three positions.

Saw a basketball once

Group 1

1 from Group 1
    3 from Group 4
    4 from Group 5
    3 from Group 6
    2 from Group 7

(1) Shaq 94-02
    (4) Stephen Curry
    (4) Drazen Petrovic
    (4) Andre Iguodala
    (5) Coach - Del Harris
    (5) Mookie Blaylock
    (5) Horace Grant
    (5) Mehmet Okur (Prime Jazz)
    (6) Michael Cooper
    (6) Shane Battier
    (6) Serge Ibaka
    (7) Mike James
    (7) Larry Sanders

Coach - Del Harris

PG: S. Curry / M. Blaylock / M. James
    SG: D. Petrovic / A. Iguodala / M. Cooper
    SF: A. Iguodala / S. Battier / M. Cooper
    PF: H. Grant / S. Ibaka / M. Okur / L. Sanders
    CE: S. O'Neal / M. Okur / L. Sanders

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'll look over all this over the next day or two and decide on a winner.

kblaze please do me (slightly homo)

Quote Originally Posted by UnbiasedGuy
    Group A

C: Shaq (1) / Asik (6)
    Pf: Odom (4) / Taj (6) / Horry (5)
    Sf: Paul Millsap (5) / Odom(4) / Horry (5) / Rambis (7)
    Sg: Steph Curry (4) / JR Smith (5)/ Novak(7)
    Pg: Andre Miller (5) / Tony Allen (6)

Coach: Adelman to keep b1tches in line

Starring the MDE, feat. ridic shooter ever Curry in place of kobe. Curry fills kobe's role really well, being able to make outside shots as well as penetrate and make plays. This is basically the threepeat lakers on super steroids, HGH, german tech, protoss tech, etc. Steph definately would take more of a spot role, with miller handing and point duties.

Starting unit combines for something like (approximated shaq's avg as 28/12/3, using career avg for other 4):

87pts /36 reb/22 ast

The only weakness I can see is that steph curry cant guard shit. When facing the kobe's, lebron's, prime t-mac's of the NBA, would sub Tony Allen for defense and try to slow them down. Could also rotate Asik/Taj in to the 4 for bodies in the paint

Shaq
    Asik/Taj
    Odom
    Curry
    Allen

Would be crazy good at masking Curry's only weakness. Offense is never a problem with Shaq and Curry on the court
    Only problem I see is having an odd frontcourt at times. You either remove offense by putting in Asik/Taj or what....try to play Paul with Odom? Vs some of these teams I could see that being an issue.

National High School Star

I still wanted to make a team, so I'll get one in before the deadline.

C: Bill Russell (1) / Larry Sanders (7)
    PF: Horace Grant (6) / Paul Millsap (5) / Robert Horry (5) / Larry Sanders (7)
    SF: Dale Ellis (4) / Cedric Maxwell (5) / Ricky Pierce (5)
    SG: Brandon Roy (4) / Ricky Pierce (5) / Michael Cooper (6)
    PG: Kirk Hinrich (6) / Michael Cooper (6) / Chris Childs (7)

Coach: Tom Thibodeau (4)

Tier 4

Thibodeau's the coach purely because seeing what he did with Garnett, I want to see the defensive schemes he'd come up with with the GOAT defensive anchor. Looking at Tier 4, I need scorers. I like Toney, asked for him to be added and then saw he'd be available, but since he wasn't the "#1 option," unfortunately I had to pass, even though I wanted to choose him.

Roy was the #1 option for his team, was Second Team All-NBA behind Kobe and Wade, clutch, and averaged 26.7 a game in the postseason against a Top 5 defensive team in the league, being guarded by the Second Team All-Defense tandem of former DPOY Artest and Battier. So he could score against elite defense. Kobe said Roy was the toughest player in the Western Conference for him to guard, and had no weaknesses in his game.

Dale Ellis was one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, and had the highest peak scoring average of anyone in the tier, averaging 27.5 a game, third in the league behind Jordan (32.5) and Malone (29.1). He actually outscored Jordan 56-39 head-to-head. No, before anyone protests, that isn't to be construed that he was in the same league as Jordan as a player in any way, shape or form, but he could put points on the board, which is what I'm looking for out of this tier. And he could play the 2 or 3, which means he could slide to the 3 with Roy at the 2. Roy plays with the ball in his hand and Ellis plays off-ball, so they'd fit.

Tier 5

Ricky Pierce would play the role of Frank Ramsey, who Russell played with. In 1989-90, Pierce averaged 23 points in 29 minutes off the bench. "Nobody but nobody in the NBA is better at joining a game in progress and supplying instant offense" (Philadelphia Daily News, Feb 20, 1991). That's what I'm looking for. In Roy, Ellis and Pierce, that's three 20-point scorers, and that's the most there can realistically be. Pierce was also clutch. Could also play the 2 or the 3, which means if Roy's handling the ball in crunch time, Pierce and Ellis can both be on the floor with Roy.

Cedric Maxwell's a player I like, and fortunately he's available. He'll be the post-up player, was one of the best inside-outside passers in the game, good defender, good offensive rebounder, was "the glue that brought the Celtics together," and was clutch. Told the Celtics before the deciding Game 7 of the '84 Finals to jump on his back and he'd carry them, then went out and had 24 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists in the deciding game. Could play both the 3 and the 4.

Robert Horry's Robert Horry. 3-point shooter, defender, good in transition, and we all know he's clutch. Can have a crunch time lineup of Roy, Pierce, Ellis and Horry on the floor, with Russell grabbing any offensive rebounds. Keeping in mind there wasn't enough scoring last game, Millsap's there for more scoring off the bench.

Tier 6

As I've said, Roy and Andre Miller actually played together in real life, and it didn't work. So it wouldn't make sense to ignore what actually happened and pretend they'd work here when we already know it won't. Hence Hinrich. He can play defense, hit threes, and Roy can have the ball in his hands. The Blazers were actually interested in Hinrich as a backcourt partner for Roy at one point.

Grant was a key part of the Bulls' first threepeat. He was also an integral part of the Bulls' "Doberman Defense."

The Bulls' six titles were predicated on suffocating halfcourt defense, with Jordan leading what assistant coach John Bach referred to as "the Dobermans."

Jordan and Scottie PIppen could take away a whole side of the court, able to defend on-ball and also get into passing lanes for steals that ignited the Chicago fast break. And power forward Horace Grant's ability able to trap out front and recover in time to get back to his man, combined with the solid rotations of players like Bill Cartwright, allowed Chicago to suffocate opponents in the halfcourt.
    Now he gets to play with a dominant defensive 5. Cooper takes the high-scoring wings, is a three-point shooter, transition finisher and backup point guard.

I initially wanted to do one with Magic as well, but I probably won't get it in.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So...I went to amazon to buy a gift card I could save till I decided who wins...but it looks like I need to put the email in when I buy it. So I have nothing to prove I bought it/intend to....but I will.

Its the offseason so...time to read this long ass topic and pick the contenders. Anyone wants to add one feel free.