Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Knicks looking good tonight. More ISO for Melo. ISO all day.
    I'm waiting to see how they come out in the third.

That's where I'm reserving alot of judgement.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

He's playing with energy and unselfishness. Basically the way D'antoni wanted him too play; he just didn't want to do it for D'antoni.

It would be a shame if he was purposely dogging it to get the coach fired. His integrity was already in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    He's playing with energy and unselfishness. Basically the way D'antoni wanted him too play; he just didn't want to do it for D'antoni.

It would be a shame if he was purposely dogging it to get the coach fired. His integrity was already in question.
    Players do it all the time.

The thing is Melo has been doing what he's been asked most of the season, but he was showing he didn't want to.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He passed more, shot less, didn't ISO too much, took 3s. What else did MDA want?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He passed more, shot less, didn't ISO too much, took 3s. What else did MDA want?
    For him not to be a drain on the rest of the team. That was too much to ask though apparently.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

No Mike wanted him to play point forward and hoist up 3s. Just like he wants al his players to do. He also could care less about Melo's defense or anyone else's. Remember, this is the guy who started Shawne Williams at center last year.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Remember, this is the guy who started Shawne Williams at center last year.
    Yeah, after we started winning games that way.

Mike doesn't like centers? So I guess Tyson Chandler was just sneaking into the lineup then. Maybe he thought bearded Turiaf was actually James Harden. Starting rookie Mozgov - must have been for his three point shooting.

Yeah, after we started winning games that way.

Mike doesn't like centers? So I guess Tyson Chandler was just sneaking into the lineup then. Maybe he thought bearded Turiaf was actually James Harden. Starting rookie Mozgov - must have been for his three point shooting.

Chandler and Mike Woodson were brought in to save face. D'Antoni DID NOT endorse the Tyson Chandler trade! Just because you play centers doesn't mean you like em. Mozgov was more of his type because he's a finesse Euro type.

NBA rookie of the year

And Ronny?

We didn't trade for Chandler, but I don't recall a sour note from D'antoni about it. Certainly not as sour as you were about it. The trade he didn't want was the Melo trade, and was ominously right.

To be fair scoooter, I think all of us was pissed at how much Chandler was getting paid and we had no point guard because of it at the time.

But he's erased that perception, he's worth it.

But as far as the D'antoni thing, he plays centers, I can't argue with that part.

NBA rookie of the year

I thought he was overpaid too, but so far this year he's been the only one of the "big three" worth his contract.

Still I would do Melo and Chandler for Dwight and Hedo in heartbeat.

I meant to say acquired. I was typing on my tablet so I try to use small words.

BTW I type on my tablet when I'm taking the Browns to the Superbowl

I thought he was overpaid too, but so far this year he's been the only one of the "big three" worth his contract.

Still I would do Melo and Chandler for Dwight and Hedo in heartbeat.
    It would be hard to say no to that, even though I like both guys.

Howard could average 20 boards, and 20 points with out errant missed shots, easily.

Then the team would have a few dollars to sepnd on retooling the roster with some of the guys were bound to lose.

But I seriously doubt anyone noteworthy gets traded.

Krust Kingz

Exclamation Re: Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

[COLOR="Red"]If Melo and Stat explode from this point on man fans should be upset over the tank job they did![/COLOR]

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]If Melo and Stat explode from this point on man fans should be upset over the tank job they did![/COLOR]
    Here we go.