Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Biased Troll

Default Re: Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    What do the Cs need a PF for? There's no reason for the Cs to do this. Pau's an All-Star? That'sd nice. So is Rondo, and he's a younger All-Star. Cs have KG and Bass, this would be creating a need (PG) for the sake of reinforcing a strength and as an added negative the team gets older.

Dunno if ur being a homer or just using logic poorly, probably both.

You dont need a PG to contend for titles. U do need elite 7 footers. Pau is still one of those in this league, and hes still in his prime. KG is no longer elite. Pau + Kg tho would be very effective, Bass could give them great depth off the bench like Odom did for the Lakes. Surrounding Pau with Pierce and Ray would be way more effective than Rondo running 1 man fast breaks on an old, slow team.

Rondo is a nice player but you dont NEED what he does to contend for titles. U do need what Pau does.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Incidentally, once I saw that commercial, I knew these sorts of discussions would come up eventually.

Hate that commercial...

What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Ok, you have a point there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

At least this one is better than the Westbrook for TPE.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Dunno if ur being a homer or just using logic poorly, probably both.

You dont need a PG to contend for titles. U do need elite 7 footers. Pau is still one of those in this league, and hes still in his prime. KG is no longer elite. Pau + Kg tho would be very effective, Bass could give them great depth off the bench like Odom did for the Lakes. Surrounding Pau with Pierce and Ray would be way more effective than Rondo running 1 man fast breaks on an old, slow team.

Rondo is a nice player but you dont NEED what he does to contend for titles. U do need what Pau does.
    So Pau Gasol is going to make the Cs better than Miami? That's laughable. Size helps but the Celtics would be giving away a lot in Rondo as well as the best reserve (and another PF) in Bass. Its silly to act like PGs don't matter, there are several different combinations of players that can create a Contender (none of which the Cs can put together anyway). If we were talking about a guy like Howard I could see him as the big to put the Cs in Miami's class but Pau Gasol is not that kind of guy.

National High School Star

Considering the C's were willing to offload Rondo for just a rental of Chris Paul, I'd say the market on Rondo is soft and definitely not worth a player on the level of Pau.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Fine, if we're going to be stupidly one sided about things...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wv7pe4

Boston receives Kyle Lowry, Andrew Bynum and Kevin Martin
    LA receives Rondo, Samuel Dalembert and Luis Scola
    Houston receives Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal and Pau Gasol.

Actually, that's not as awful as I first thought Houston would have shiteloads of cap space, LA still has size and frontcourt scoring, and Boston takes a downgrade at PG to get younger and better in general. Yeah, still VERY one sided, but at least its not rape

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Rondo and Bass for Pau?

No chance. Zero.

Not even a possibility of it happening.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Considering the C's were willing to offload Rondo for just a rental of Chris Paul, I'd say the market on Rondo is soft and definitely not worth a player on the level of Pau.
    Trade rumors aren't nearly as important as the fact we're talking aout a 26 year-old, 2-time All-Star pg. We can't be sure what was discussed behind the scenes, if the Cs would ave made the deal but cut it because Paul wouldn't sign, if the Cs were just the third team and didn't even offer Rondo (Ainge claims Rondo was never on the table), or if the Hornets rejected the deal for whatever reason. But we do know Rondo is an elite point guard with a good (for the team) contract and most of his career ahead of him (hopefully).

hahahaha funny trade!

The Celtics trade their young all-star and a great bench player for another pf just for helping the Lakers.

No thanks. Don't want Pau, don't need Pau.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Trade is terrible for both teams. It would be ok for the Lakers if they trade for Dwight Howard and then got Rondo and then they would have a Howard/Kobe/Rondo big 3. But this is just awful for the Celtics.

Banned

I laugh at each and every one of you who called this a bad trade idea. Because guess what? It's going to happen in the coming weeks.