Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...9t-interested/

[B]About that O.J. Mayo/Knicks rumor, Denver reportedly isn

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...9t-interested/

About that O.J. Mayo/Knicks rumor, Denver reportedly isn’t interested

This really should have been expected.

The Knicks are scrounging around trying to insert themselves back into the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. They started talking with the Memphis Grizzlies to come up with a trade package that might include O.J. Mayo.

And the Nets said “no thanks, not interested”, according to a tweet from Chris Broussard of ESPN. That would fit with the ongoing pattern of the Nuggets wanting nothing to do with dealing with New York. Broussard also said Mayo didn’t really like the idea of going to Denver — but he would love to be a Knick.

Knicks fans, let’s be honest. There is only one way ‘Melo is coming to the Knicks — he tells the Nets, Nuggets and his agents that New York is the only place he will go, and if a trade isn’t worked out he’ll do it via free agency.

That means he meets with Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov and tells them no to their face. That means he tells his agents — who desperately want him to sign the extension so he doesn’t potentially leave tens of millions on the table under whatever the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like — that it is only the Knicks and to stop messing around with other scenarios. It is him telling all the teams that have spent weeks and countless hours putting together the Nets three-team trade he is not playing along.

Does that seem likely to you?

its very possible IF Melo never indicatted or hinted he'd go to NJ in the first place. which some of the reports were saying. ITs REAL stupid on the part of the Nuggets more than anyone taking trade talks that far without Melo's approval and hard to believe but who knows whats true and isn't at this point considering so many reports on this.

There are less reasons why he'd go to NJ though, compared to NY. JayZ, Denver/agent wanting him to, they're moving to Brooklyn, and maybe wishful thinking of getting Chris Paul...and then the cons of playing for Avery on a horrible team(probably even with Rip and Chauncy) going nowhere anytime soon.

vs

the Knicks who are going to compete this year with a good roster, another legit superstar that is a big, NY playing in MSG, and immediate gratification without another year or years of waiting.

IMO he'd be stupid to go to NJ all things considered. There are too many variables that can end up being a awful situation he's locked into.

Not to mention players prefer D Antoni's style of offense over a conservative, more defensive focused one like Avery coaches. And then theres being coached by Avery...
    Last edited by Naruto-sama; 01-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Just make the ****ing trade,I can't wait and hear hundreds of speculations every day.

What's best for Melo ? Going to NY
    Where will he go ? No idea

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'd assume Kim will dump him and move on, yes. It seems logical. She must be between shows because Hump is not exactly a draw.
    How dare you say that!
    http://www.people.com/people/article...457259,00.html

[QUOTE]
    Kim Kardashian enjoyed her adventures as a single woman while filming Kourtney & Kim Take New York

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    i work there. since you quoted people i 100% now know you are right and apoligize for slighting the big hump.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i work there. since you quoted people i 100% now know you are right and apoligize for slighting the big hump.
    You work for People?

even if they can't get Melo they should still get Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    even if they can't get Melo they should still get Mayo
    It's tough to decide.

Mayo has potential to be a great player but it's a big gamble.
    He could explode and become an all-star player (maybe even more) or he could play crappy without helping us like we would expect.

Fields is playing good now,I'm very satisfied with him.
    I think our priority is to sing a defensive/rebounding center.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Just make the ****ing trade,I can't wait and hear hundreds of speculations every day.

What's best for Melo ? Going to NY
    Where will he go ? No idea
    going to ny is best for melo? Clearly.

Why do I keep getting negged from this thread... seriously, if you don't agree with me that's okay, but you don't neg someone cuz you disagree (and you could at least put your name in the comment)....

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Why do I keep getting negged from this thread... seriously, if you don't agree with me that's okay, but you don't neg someone cuz you disagree (and you could at least put your name in the comment)....
    i bet (going out on a limb here) its knick fans!

It's tough to decide.

He could explode and become an all-star player (maybe even more) or he could play crappy without helping us like we would expect.

OMG The OJ Mayo hope still continues

@ Best dude is Jason Terry

It's tough to decide.

I have always believe the best route for the Knicks is try to acquire the 3 headed monster which reports said they were trying to do last trade rumor, but the Knicks were beating he bottom feeder teams on a little winning streak so they didn't want to mess it up. I firmly believe that wherever Mayo goes, Hasheem Thabeet will be the tag along.

Right now Knicks are 22-17 in 6th place in the East. Don't see them dropping any further than 6th. They will probably face Chicago or Orlando first round. With a strong possibility of advancing to the 2nd round.

I'll take my chances with a 3 headed monster OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire while having Felton as the PG, and keeping Fields. Fields although 6'7 is really long could probably play him at the 3 for a lot of the time and Melo at the 4, since they like to get up and down anyway.

PG: Raymond Felton
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: Amare Stoudamire
    C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench
    Landry Fields

I like the sound of this squad, maybe it can become reality soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    I have always believe the best route for the Knicks is try to acquire the 3 headed monster which reports said they were trying to do last trade rumor, but the Knicks were beating he bottom feeder teams on a little winning streak so they didn't want to mess it up. I firmly believe that wherever Mayo goes, Hasheem Thabeet will be the tag along.

Right now Knicks are 22-17 in 6th place in the East. Don't see them dropping any further than 6th. They will probably face Chicago or Orlando first round. With a strong possibility of advancing to the 2nd round.

I'll take my chances with a 3 headed monster OJ Mayo/Carmelo Anthony/Amare Stoudamire while having Felton as the PG, and keeping Fields. Fields although 6'7 is really long could probably play him at the 3 for a lot of the time and Melo at the 4, since they like to get up and down anyway.

PG: Raymond Felton
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: Amare Stoudamire
    C: Hasheem Thabeet

Bench
    Landry Fields

I like the sound of this squad, maybe it can become reality soon.