Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by d-wade2923
    By far the biggest play in cleveland sports history for the past 45 years
    Nope. MJ's shot over Ehlo is still bigger.

Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    Nope. MJ's shot over Ehlo is still bigger.
    MJ wasn't on the Cavs ...

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: The Shot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah overrated is the wrong term.

You better hope he doesn't pull some miraculous sh!t tonight or you might as well rename ESPN ---> ELPN.

john_d,
    We will see, in the grand scheme, where this shot should rank. Depending on whether or not the Cavs win this series or a championship, it could be as high as that list portrayed. I didn't see the list, so I can't really have a definite opinion on it.

What was No. 1? What was No. 3?

C A V A L I E R S

LBJ's buzzer beater > MJ's buzzer beater

-Bron's was a three, MJ's was a two
    -Bron had to catch and shoot in one second, MJ created his shot off the dribble
    -Bron's shot was in the ECF, MJ's was a first rounder

Quote Originally Posted by CLE[216]

-MJs ended the series,
    -Just because its a 2 or 3 doesn't always mean the 3 is going to be harder
    -Bron squared up & shot, MJ was off balance double clutch
    -He double clutched (in the air) til Ehlo hand was far enough down to actually shoot the ball.

Don't be biased cause you love lebron james

I cant believe people are actually believing themselves that lebrons was better

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by CLE[216]

ever heard of a double clutch?

C A V A L I E R S

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMula
    -MJs ended the series,
    -Just because its a 2 or 3 doesn't always mean the 3 is going to be harder
    -Bron squared up & shot, MJ was off balance double clutch
    -He double clutched (in the air) til Ehlo hand was far enough down to actually shoot the ball.

Don't be biased cause you love lebron james

I cant believe people are actually believing themselves that lebrons was better
    I'm not being biased, I'm giving my opinion. Hell, we're all kinda biased in that sense, aren't we?

-A three is more difficult than a two
    -"Bron squared up and shot." Exactly. He caught the ball, squared and fired in less than a second
    -Quit lying please. Michael couldn't have been any more square to the basket.
    -Michael double clutched because he had time to double clutch, and because he had the inhuman power of levitation. Situational differences.

LMAO look at these kids all excited here, after ONE game winner here they are all salivating over it.

Well...sad. Sad to see people dumb like this.

LOL

anyway, MJ's any shot > this crap.

MJ made 2 shots in final 7 seconds of that game, but you kids dont know that.

Oh well. Go and check it out.

Let's weigh in

2 clutch shots in final 7 seconds of the game - for winning the SERIES >>>> game 2 series tier

The hype's pathetic. Jordan ended Cavs franchise hope for 20 years with those 2 shots.

Brainwashing is strong on this one.

That shot might be reminiscent of Kobe's game 2 winner in the 2004 Finals.

Remember that?

Most people don't because the Pistons won every game after that and took the title.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    That shot might be reminiscent of Kobe's game 2 winner in the 2004 Finals.

Remember that?

Most people don't because the Pistons won every game after that and took the title.
    No no no, this was the single most hardest, contested, significant shot in NBA history.

Something that never happened in Playoff history ever.

On one hand you've got those who overrate the shot, and then you've got those who think the shot's overrated. Can't we just appreciate that shot for what it was ? A shot that saved Cleveland's season and that's possibly the biggest shot in franchise history ? No it's not on "The Shot" level, or Horry's shot against the Kings, or many other shots that happened in the Finals. But it's way better than whatever happened in the 76ers/Magic matchup in the 1st round. How retarded is it to compare that ?

We won't know what place this shot will have in history. It all depends on what happens next. If the Cavs lose, it won't be that special. But if the Cavs win the title ? Then it'll rank up there.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel

On one hand you've got those who overrate the shot, and then you've got those who think the shot's overrated. Can't we just appreciate that shot for what it was ? A shot that saved Cleveland's season and that's possibly the biggest shot in franchise history ? No it's not on "The Shot" level, or Horry's shot against the Kings, or many other shots that happened in the Finals. But it's way better than whatever happened in the 76ers/Magic matchup in the 1st round. How retarded is it to compare that ?

We won't know what place this shot will have in history. It all depends on what happens next. If the Cavs lose, it won't be that special. But if the Cavs win the title ? Then it'll rank up there.
    because you have guys like Riker that will stop at NO cost to prove that that shot meant absolutle NOTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    I was excited when it went in and I can't stand Cavs or James.

Then, the next day, after seeing how everyone on NBA TV is talking about it as if he hit a Game 7 NBA Finals title clincher - I was disgusted.

It was a great game winner. But, as shown on that picture, there were couple more shots like that - THIS year!

I give credit to Bron for making it, it was electrifying. However, as always, the media exploitation and propaganda and instant comparing with TRUE historical shots - makes me puke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    because you have guys like Riker that will stop at NO cost to prove that that shot meant absolutle NOTHING
    No, you're wrong, it's not about his 3 pointer, which was one of the greatest moments of this years playoffs (so far, I mean, we don't know what will happen next) and certainly one of the best moments in Cavs history - it's about little hypebeasts like yourself.
    Last edited by Riker; 05-24-2009 at 06:05 PM.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Riker
    I was excited when it went in and I can't stand Cavs or James.

Then, the next day, after seeing how everyone on NBA TV is talking about it as if he hit a Game 7 NBA Finals title clincher - I was disgusted.

It was a great game winner. But, as shown on that picture, there were couple more shots like that - THIS year!

I give credit to Bron for making it, it was electrifying. However, as always, the media exploitation and propaganda and instant comparing with TRUE historical shots - makes me puke.
    So just because the media to too ignorant to control their emotions about a game winning shot you hate the guy that made it?

thats retarded

NBA Finals

No, you're wrong, it's not about his 3 pointer, it's about little hypebeasts like yourself.
    and how have i "overrated" the shot? please explain to me what i said.....