Nymburk vs. Oostende
    Cantu vs. Lukoil

Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Caja Laboral ?
    What about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I am thinking maybe a Bilbao - Real Madrid finals.
    Don't think so, this is kinda a rebuilding season for us.

What about them?
    He's saying they can make the Finals too, which is possible.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Euroleague qualifying starts tomorrow. Post your predictions:

Unics vs. Ratiopharm
    Le Mans vs. Donetsk
    Nymburk vs. Oostende
    Cantu vs. Lukoil
    I agree with your predictions but I have a feeling Nymburk vs Oostende will be a close one .

What about them?
    You don't see them making finals ? I think they are better team than Bilba this season , also there is Valencia that is good enough to suprise everyone and makes the finals .

So, are we going to play Euroleague Fantasy League? Who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    So, are we going to play Euroleague Fantasy League? Who's in?
    I'm probably going to play

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Don't think so, this is kinda a rebuilding season for us.
    And what other good teams are there in ACB?

Valencia is average. Malaga has a good roster, but they underachieve every single year for years now.

Baskonia has a nice roster, but lots of the players are injury prone and they don't have a reliable point guard.

Barca is just old, and if Navarro isn't healthy, I don't see it from them. Who else? Sevilla? Mediocre roster. San Sebastian and Gran Canaria have decent rosters, but nothing as good as Bilbao's.

The rest of the teams all suck.

Then you have to factor in home court advantage, which Bilbao has the best one. Then you have to factor in that Bilbao does not have to play in Euroleague this year. They can take it easy through Eurocup, up until the semifinals.

Plus, Bilbao's team in recent years had old Lopez, that is limited in minutes and can't defend, or Jackson, that is not a high IQ point guard running the team.

Zisis has an exceptionally high basketball IQ - maybe the highest one of any point guard in Europe, so I think that will be a big difference for that team at ACB level.

You also have a team that plays extremely well against Baskonia and Real Madrid. So yeah, I think Bilbao can make the finals again this year.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    You don't see them making finals ? I think they are better team than Bilba this season , also there is Valencia that is good enough to suprise everyone and makes the finals .
    Valencia is an average team. They are definitely worse than Bilbao.

As for Baskonia....

PG Cabezas/Huertel
    SG Oleson/Causeur
    SF Nocioni/San Emeterio
    PF N. Bjelica/M. Bjelica
    C Lampe/Pliess

It might look nice on paper, but not so much in practical terms. Let's break it down:

PG - Cabezas/Huertel - Cabezas is past his prime, and too old to make much of a difference now. Huertel can't guard his own shadow.

SG - Olesen is a nice enough player, and so is Causeur, but they are both basically spread the floor shooters. They don't provide much of anything in complete game.

SF - Nocioni is old, extremely injury prone, and well past his prime. Probably easily one of the most overrated Euroleague players currently, as he is just repped off his name and what he was several years ago. San Emeterio is great, but unfortunately, he's also very injury prone and wildly inconsistent.

PF - N. Bjelica is talented and hyped, but he's also got incredibly low basketball IQ and plays totally out of control most of the time. M. Bjelica is a sold good player, but not much more.

C - Lampe has talent, but he's very soft, plays no defense, and he's almost always injured. He's soft and made out of glass. Pliess is very talented and big, but he's a horrific defender, maybe even worse than Tomic.

Ivanovic - great coach, and also a huge head case and nut job that is totally unpredictable.

Yeah, I'm not liking their team so much...
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-25-2012 at 08:10 PM.

And what other good teams are there in ACB?

Valencia is average. Malaga has a good roster, but they underachieve every single year for years now.

Baskonia has a nice roster, but lots of the players are injury prone and they don't have a reliable point guard.

Barca is just old, and if Navarro isn't healthy, I don't see it from them. Who else? Sevilla? Mediocre roster. San Sebastian and Gran Canaria have decent rosters, but nothing as good as Bilbao's.

The rest of the teams all suck.

Then you have to factor in home court advantage, which Bilbao has the best one. Then you have to factor in that Bilbao does not have to play in Euroleague this year. They can take it easy through Eurocup, up until the semifinals.

Plus, Bilbao's team in recent years had old Lopez, that is limited in minutes and can't defend, or Jackson, that is not a high IQ point guard running the team.

Zisis has an exceptionally high basketball IQ - maybe the highest one of any point guard in Europe, so I think that will be a big difference for that team at ACB level.

You also have a team that plays extremely well against Baskonia and Real Madrid. So yeah, I think Bilbao can make the finals again this year.
    Don't get me wrong, I like our team, it's a great one considering we don't play Euroleague.
    That said, there's too many question marks regarding the new players (outside Zisis, obviously).

Also, regarding us playing great against Madrid, that was mainly due to Jackson destroying both Sergios, which won't happen this season, and them being really soft (Slaughter and Hettsheimeir will help them). And there's f*cking Rodolfo Fernandez too.
    IMO Madrid is the clear cut candidate for winning every domestic trophy.

As for Baskonia, they got some unproven players too, but somehow they always make adjustments and remain competitive.
    I don't like Cabezas, but he did really well last season.

I think Donetsk did well to lose. At least they have something like a top 8, maybe even possibly can challenge for top 4 of Eurocup. They would have gone nowhere in Euroleague.

Is even worthy create a League with people from ISH?

I think Donetsk did well to lose. At least they have something like a top 8, maybe even possibly can challenge for top 4 of Eurocup. They would have gone nowhere in Euroleague.
    Some people said the same about us last season, and you know what happened

Great effort from Le Mans to beat Unics Kazan. JP Batista absolutely dominated Vougioukas down low and Charles Kahudi played really tough defense.

BTW Kaimakoglou looks just like Brian Greenberg.