Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Default Will Steve Nash win his third MVP?

The Suns look like the best team in the league and are on pace to win 55-60 games this season. Statistically, Nash has improved in every category except rebounding (Amare back to pick up the rebounding slack) from last season. If he can keep up these numbers or be close to it, should he be the MVP?

Take a look at his stats:

20.4 ppg
    11.6 apg
    2.9 rpg
    0.9 spg
    52.5 FG%
    49.4 3PT%
    90.0 FT%
    3.3 Assist-to-turnover ratio

Keep in mind though, that only 3 players have won the MVP award 3 years in a row, Bill Russell, Wilt, and Larry Bird, that's quite a company.

Out of all the MVP candidates, does Steve have the best chance to win the MVP or will he not get as much recognition as last year because of Amare's return? Do you think the voters would be reluctant to vote for him even if he really deserves it since he's won the last two? Discuss please.

Yeah, I

As of right now, he

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

who did actually suffer from amares return? babarosa? i mean in terms of minutes

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Diaw and Kurt Thomas.

NBA Superstar

I back Nash a lot, but I dont think he will win it again.

He's been a top three the last couple of years and could very well be again this year but Kobe and LeBron seemed predestined to win.

It wont be Boozer though I guarantee you that

Saw a basketball once

With the suns performing the way they are Steve Nash is very much in the running.

Saw a basketball once

unlike last year, this year is tough to predict. Boozer,Yao, dirk and dunken, nash and kobe all have their chances. again it's unlikely come from east, west got award consistently for many years, unless Cavs top in east which is unlikely IMO.

Learning to shoot layups

No, not with the way Amare is playing. Nash is playing excellent and he'll be in the running, but he won last year basically because of what the team accomplished without Amare, the first year it was basically because of how much they had improved from the year prior, and he was a big reason for both those years. How can they top it this year? Unless the Suns win 65+ games, I just don't see it happening.

Nash will win it again, the majority of voters are white so he'll have an advantage.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

candidate for dumbest post of the day ^

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

I think if the Lakers play well the whole season and 50-60 games, kobes gets it, no matter how well Nash plays

Saw a basketball once Scorched Soul's Avatar

Default re:

If Nash keeps averaging what he is right now, and the Suns win 55+, then its definitely possible. It would depend on how Amare plays, and also how some of the other superstars around the league perform.

I definitely think Kobe is in with a chance. He always is, because the spotlight is always on him, and if the Lakers ever win 50+, he will get all the credit (probably rightfully so). As long as he averages around 26 5 5 on 45%+ and the Lakers hit 50, then I say Kobe is in with a great chance.

Lebron, again, as great as he is, will always be in consideration. I think Lebron will have to average great stats and lead the Cavs to a top 3 finish in the East.

Duncan should be in consideration, but probably won't be.

Depending on how Miami do, Wade could be in with a shot, especially with Shaq out - it's his time to show he's still Wade without Shaq helping him.

Dirk - eh, maybe if the mavs turn it around and he starts playing like he has in previous years.

So, yeah, Nash could win.

College star

It'd be funny if either Bron or Kobe win it this year, and not Nash. Nash is playing even better than last year, and both Bron and Kobe are playing worse. THis'd be the proof that the MVP has no actual relevance as to who is the best player, and the award is agenda-driven.

The way Nash plays and considering that the award was given to Nash the last two years, he has to get it again. Suns and Nash are playing better than last year, the other two heavy candidates are playing worse (Kobe, Bron), Dirk and the Mavs have stagnated. If anyone but Nash should win it it's Duncan.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    It'd be funny if either Bron or Kobe win it this year, and not Nash. Nash is playing even better than last year, and both Bron and Kobe are playing worse. THis'd be the proof that the MVP has no actual relevance as to who is the best player, and the award is agenda-driven.
    actually this would be proof that mvp and best player in the league has never and will never be measured by the same criteria, which is right, sometimes they are the same (jordan a few times, shaq in 00) but sometimes they arent (malone in 99, iverson in 01, robinson in 95, russell in the 60's when chamberlain was the best player in the league)

mvp measures team records as well.

I think he'll be in the top 4 at the end of season. It's hard not to put him up there the way he has played this season. There have been stretches from him where he has put the team on his back like I haven't seen since the Dallas series 2 years ago.