Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KG vs The Admiral

Im somewhat torn, even though im leaning toward david

Rebounding is pretty much a wash. Garnett is the better passer (Drob was a very good passer too), id say the scoring edge goes to Robinson(even though there were times where I feel his scoring was 'exposed' in the playoffs; e.g Utah in 94, Portland the year before, and then against Denver and Houston in 95, and then against Utah the following year). They're 2 of the best defenders ever, KG being more versatile on the that end while Drob defended the paint better(I feel overall defensively the edge goes to Drob). Both are 2 of the most skilled big men ever, and Robinson is arguably the most athletic centre of all time. I guess it may depend on what your team needs...
    KG is one of the most versatile players ever and displayed some great skill on the block and was of course a great outside shooter. David was quite versatile himself and was a great face up player but could also do work in the paint.

So who do you think was better?
    Last edited by Warfan; 03-02-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Default Re: KG vs The Admiral

Both were among the greatest ever, but IMO, KG was the better player. In fact, had Garnett not been saddled with putrid rosters, and in his prime seasons, and instead had jumped ship to another quality organization sooner, he may very well have had a Top-10 all-time career. His 07-08 season with the Celtics is pretty indicative of "what could have been."

They were both just as good as Duncan, Olajuwon, etc.

Banned

Peak Robinson > Peak Garnett
    Garnett's career > Robinson's career

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Peak Robinson > Peak Garnett
    Garnett's career > Robinson's career
    How though, both career chokers until the got with a clutch playoff star.
    duncan and pierce

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    duncan and pierce
    Garnett was clearly the best player on his team when they won whereas Robinson was clearly not. I hope you don't think Pierce was the best player.

NBA rookie of the year

Garnett was clearly the best player on his team when they won whereas Robinson was clearly not. I hope you don't think Pierce was the best player.
    I feel its closer that you are making it out to be. I think he was better, but the gap isnt huge and pierce had the better playoffs if i am remembering correctly. Honestly pierce is so underrated

Edit: those celtic teams were crazy stacked. If you are going to deduct credit from robinson's 2 rings, you got to do the same for garnett
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 03-01-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Banned

I feel its closer that you are making it out to be. I think he was better, but the gap isnt huge and pierce had the better playoffs if i am remembering correctly. Honestly pierce is so underrated
    Garnett: 20/10.5/3 on 50%

Pierce: 20/5/5 on 44%

Pierce is overrated if people really think he was the best player on that championship team just because he was handed the FMVP.

NBA rookie of the year

Garnett: 20/10.5/3 on 50%

Pierce: 20/5/5 on 44%

Pierce is overrated if people really think he was the best player on that championship team just because he was handed the FMVP.
    over reliance on box scores and stats. this was only like 6 years ago. watching those games i felt that the celtics went to pierce to close out the games.

DRob was arguably more gifted than both KG and Duncan, problem was Admiral wasnt a fierce competitor. Mental aspect is as important as physical gifts.

duncan and pierce
    You probably arent aware KG was by far the best closer on the championship team (yes, much more clutch than Pierce and Ray), and his career clutch data is a carbon copy of Duncan's.

Its a team sport, and if compared to competition you have a crap team, you wont win regardless how good player is. Jordan himself was bounced in the 1st round many times, was it his fault too? Get some perspective.

over reliance on box scores and stats. this was only like 6 years ago. watching those games i felt that the celtics went to pierce to close out the games.
    You're right, that only tilts the favor more to KG's side when you include defense.

Banned

Yeah, because Pierce was the heart of arguably the GOAT defense.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah, because Pierce was the heart of arguably the GOAT defense.
    im not saying that, I am saying iirc he was the guy they ran plays for to close out the games. That has value to me

moments matter to me, not all buckets are equal imo

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    You're right, that only tilts the favor more to KG's side when you include defense.
    wasnt talking about defense, KG is one of the best defenders ever, much better than pierce.

Am i the only one that recalls the celtics running plays for pierce to close out the games in the playoffs?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Robinson. Seriously one of the more underrated players of all time. I thing KG is slightly underrated as well though.