Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: #1 team in the league, SA, will have the most cap space next summer (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsGone
    Best run organization in the league? Undoubtedly.

SportsTrac

Spurs only have 8.5 Million on the books.
    Best run organization in sports as far as I'm concerned. Truly amazing.

And, look... with all this cap space, there are no rumors of the top tier FAs going there. And, they probably won't even pursue them. That's not how they roll. They'll find the perfect guys to fit their system and spend the next several years beating up on whatever teams get the consensus "best" players in the FA class.

That's how they do.

Default Re: #1 team in the league, SA, will have the most cap space next summer (2015)

Amazing franchise. They're a well oiled machine.

I don't see why Duncan can't come back at say mid-level exception and Manu at LLE/veteran's minimum. I'm hoping this Austin Daye works out (had a great game vs PHI and Pop loves stretch 4s who can hit 3s). Leonard & Mills need to be paid. If Parker resigns at a reasonable amount, Spurs can keep going and going for another couple years.

Duncan/Splitter/Baynes
    Diaw/Daye
    Leonard/Bellinelli
    Green/Manu
    Parker/Mills

Get rid of Ayres and sign Bonner as an assistant coach.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

George W Bush was still president the last time the Spurs won a title. They haven't been "1#" in a while.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    How many big names have signed to play for San Antonio ?
    How many big names have signed to play for Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    How many big names have signed to play for San Antonio ?
    The Spurs have made a name for themselves in just this past decade, before then they had 0 championships. People see how well this team is now and the Spurs organization have proved time and time again that it is not just a fluke, they are one of the top franchises in the league. Don't you realize that before they didn't have a good reputation, so it was hard to bring in players. Now they can show any FA how successful the past 15 years have been for them, proof that they are the real deal. I don't have any numbers in front of me, but how many times did the Spurs have this kind of cap space since winning their 4th ring? Usually, they gave the big 3 most of the cap and spent the rest on good role players/rookies. Now unless they give out big extensions before the offseason, this will be their first real chance to sit down with superstars and ask them if they want to play for a franchise with 4 titles in the past 15 seasons, coached by Popovich along side the great Timmy D, and they could STILL resign most of their players because of bird rights. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas to make it even easier to bring players in, 2015 will be a very interesting summer for the San Antonio Spurs.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Am I the only one who really thinks San Antonio will sign Pau Gasol this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Am I the only one who really thinks San Antonio will sign Pau Gasol this offseason?

Would be a great great fantastic fit for sure Would suck to see Pau go, but I don't really see him staying

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    The Spurs have made a name for themselves in just this past decade, before then they had 0 championships. People see how well this team is now and the Spurs organization have proved time and time again that it is not just a fluke, they are one of the top franchises in the league. Don't you realize that before they didn't have a good reputation, so it was hard to bring in players. Now they can show any FA how successful the past 15 years have been for them, proof that they are the real deal. I don't have any numbers in front of me, but how many times did the Spurs have this kind of cap space since winning their 4th ring? Usually, they gave the big 3 most of the cap and spent the rest on good role players/rookies. Now unless they give out big extensions before the offseason, this will be their first real chance to sit down with superstars and ask them if they want to play for a franchise with 4 titles in the past 15 seasons, coached by Popovich along side the great Timmy D, and they could STILL resign most of their players because of bird rights. Not to mention no state income tax in Texas to make it even easier to bring players in, 2015 will be a very interesting summer for the San Antonio Spurs.
    Good point. While the Spurs have been good for forever, they weren't elite till Duncan/Robinson. Perception of them has really changed.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Would be a great great fantastic fit for sure Would suck to see Pau go, but I don't really see him staying
    Yeah I see no chance of him staying the Lakers unfortunately. But hopefully they let him go to a first-class organization like the Spurs because he deserves it.

Local High School Star

I hate to break up the Spurs circle jerk but what makes them so amazing again? They haven't won a championship in 7 years because of their ultra conservative style that everyone celebrates

Never make waves, never go after a big name, and lose to a team with a superstar in the playoffs. Rinse, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    I hate to break up the Spurs circle jerk but what makes them so amazing again? They haven't won a championship in 7 years because of their ultra conservative style that everyone celebrates

Never make waves, never go after a big name, and lose to a team with a superstar in the playoffs. Rinse, repeat
    not a spurs fan but only four teams have won the championship in the last 7 years, and the spurs were literally 30 seconds away from winning it again last year.
    With all the teams tanking and some teams spending 100+ mil to be swept in the first round, I'd say the spurs are pretty amazing.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsGone
    Best run organization in the league? Undoubtedly.

SportsTrac

Spurs only have 8.5 Million on the books.
    Obviously a complete and utter lie. Duncan has a 10 Mil player option, Parker

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

They should sign Greg Monroe. 1 or 2 years playing with Duncan will be great for him and it will give San Antonio their big man for the futur

Best thing hey can do is tamper with Embiid and get him to stay in college for 4 years, stink for a year after Timmy leaves and then draft him (hopefully).
    Have Admiral and Timmy coach him up!

BOOM!

Ok, reality. Go after Pau this year.
    Guess what, Marc Gasol is a free agent the following year.

Timmy retires, bring in Marc Gasol. They could also offer Klay Thompson bog deal if they can re-sign Kawhi cheaply.

Hopefully the could have a core of:
    CT: Marc Gasol/ Splitter
    PF: Pau Gasol/
    SF: Kawhi Leonard
    SG: Klay Thompson
    PG: Tony Parker/ Patty Mills

+whatever international studs they draft