Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 Announced.

I did not play very much last night. Maybe an hour. My initial reaction is Meh, but again, I didn't do very much. I really didn't care much for the opening prologue play. I didn't like the movement at all. It felt like the character was on a rail. Visability was really limited. There were some badass set piece sequences, and the scope of it was pretty cool as far as volume of activity.

I then played for a short while through the Chris section, open worldedness is strictly a facade at this point. And the button that tells you where to go, something they obviously took from Dead Space, although it doesn't work as well, really takes away some of the effect of the game. I don't mind the quick time stuff, but already it seems pretty heavy.

I'm still sure it'll be good, but like 5, a good game and a good resident evil game are two different things, and this is probably the former.

The reviews for this game is kind of a turnoff. Might wait until Black Friday to pick this up.

I'm in a little further, and I'm still a bit disappointed. I'm still in the Chris section. My main issue is that the camera is too close, making the action too muddled, the close quarters of combat combined with the camera make whatever graphical improvements they've made moot because I can't see them. I'm getting a headache just playing it for a couple hours. Also, the levels I'm playing with Chris Redfield are really just military operative simulations. There are plenty of games on the market that provide that, and if that's what I wanted that's what I would've bought.

I faced my first big bad guy, and it was an impressive set piece, so I'm still holding out hope, but so far good but not great.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I

I put in another hour last night and got into what I think is the town hall of the eastern european town I'm in with Chris Redfield. I only just walked in the door before I turned it off, but it's got a big central staircase in a main room, that splits at the top to balcony hallways along the two sides, with a secred hallway behind the stairs ... nice call back to that very first mansion, made me nostalgic.

I did play a pretty nice boss battle. And I did a big bridge shootout, which if you're a fan of shooters, you'll probably like.

I really hate the camera. It's like it's default is to look down about 15 degrees to much.

I'm about 3-4 hours into Leon's campaign in the cathedral. The game is a little rough around the edges at times, but it has really grown on me. I've run into a few puzzles and traps that were just about right in difficulty. I love when the dramatic music kicks in and you're about to face a horde....the fighting gets intense and I like that melee combat is effective enough to create space and conserve ammo. The "item drop" skill is a must have. With it you get more ammo and more skill point drops. I'm playing alone and I like that my AI partner isn't totally useless.

Finished Leon's campaign and I enjoyed every part of it. Glad to see they balanced the campaigns. Anyway I have Item Drop Increase and Firearm Upgraded to Lvl 2, thinking about getting Combat Gauge next

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Finished Leon's campaign and I enjoyed every part of it. Glad to see they balanced the campaigns. Anyway I have Item Drop Increase and Firearm Upgraded to Lvl 2, thinking about getting Combat Gauge next
    Read somewhere that the best skills are:

Item Drop - skill point and ammo drops are essential
    Firepower - the stronger your guns the less ammo you'll spend.
    Combat Gauge - Helps your melee stamina and ammo conservation

I got Defense and Critical Hit....wish I could undo those selections.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I have played 4 and 5, So I may not be a fan. but the game just doesn't have the feeling the previous 2 had. were you really felt lost out there by yourself, the camera is spotty, all over the place, the control are weird and graphics don't wow you

The game its just not better that 4 and 5. To me it just sucks and they're trying to milk the franchise like before
    Most of the critics agree with me lol

and thanks for the neg

I just finished the 3 main campaigns. I'm about to start the unlocked Ada Wong campaign. My favorite was Leon's campaign. His was the only that featured zombies. The other two featured mainly mutants. There were some nice set pieces and the boss fights were pretty fun in all 3 campaigns.

Home of the 16

I played the Demo and it was good at first, but the gamplay was just horrible.

What you guys think?