Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24
    My InsideHoops brothers & sisters:

This is a wonderful discussion! Now here in Mozambique, we did not receive the NBA broadcasts during the time you refer to, but I can only assume this Cleveland team was horrible, yes? So the question is, can the great Kobe Bryant take a horrible team to the championship trophy?

I am no expert on the basketball, but, from the many hours I have watched Kobe Bryant, I would say yes, emphatically! I believe, so long as there are players that are willing to give Kobe the ball, the ball will find its way to the cylinder, awarding the points necessary to be victorious.

For example, let us look at this season. Again, it is difficult for me to follow the broadcasts due to the inclement weather and the lions, but from my understanding, Kobe has quite horrible teammates this year. And yet it seems his team is again the favorites to win the championship title! This is quite remarkable!

So, yes, yes, one thousand times yes!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

A better thread would have been "Do you think Lebron could have had The Lakers comfortably in Playoffs instead of 9th?" it may not have fit, but it makes more sense

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    in Cleveland?

he is clearly better than Lebron James in the "willpower" department. so i'm assuming he could've just "willed" that team to a championship.
    BUT

Kobe is clearly LOWER than LBJ in the following departments:

-Talent
    -Strength
    -Stamina
    -Endurance
    -B'ball IQ

&

-Efficiency above all.

Kobe will get his 45 wins with CLE with few 34-35 ppg seasons. Thats about it.

Forget CLE ever crossing the 50 win season with inefficient superstar!

1st round or 2nd round exit on reg basis in post season.

Just cuz some once can chuck away 27 FGA at 45%FG dont make them a championship material.

ask AI.

Mr. Kenneth:

I admit to not follow your terminology very well, but it is clear you know much more about this great game than I do.

Here in Mozambique, we have a single court where we play our own version of basketball. Like your game, we have a pole. Although instead of using a hoop, we tie someone to the pole, usually a thief or an adulterer. And instead of hoisting a ball into the hoop, we throw stones at the person until they are dead. So someone who can throw repeatedly with no moral concerns is most desired in our game. Since the games are so similar, I imagine this is true of your basketball as well.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    welcome to ISH

my new favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    welcome to ISH

my new favorite poster
    it's a starface gimmick

Mr. Kenneth:

I admit to not follow your terminology very well, but it is clear you know much more about this great game than I do.

Here in Mozambique, we have a single court where we play our own version of basketball. Like your game, we have a pole. Although instead of using a hoop, we tie someone to the pole, usually a thief or an adulterer. And instead of hoisting a ball into the hoop, we throw stones at the person until they are dead. So someone who can throw repeatedly with no moral concerns is most desired in our game. Since the games are so similar, I imagine this is true of your basketball as well.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    best gimmick ever!!!

The only person or persons that couldve won
    with those teams are

Wilt,Jordan,Shaq

Wilt would dominate any frontline any you would have to double,triple wilt nowadays,also Wilt was the greatest rebounder,shotblocker and could play the whole game and was one of greatest defensive players along with
    the Most Dominating player of all time.

Jordan could score from anywhere besides 3 pt line good and had amazing defense and with tge current game Jordan wouldnt be stopped.

Shaq would abuse every frontline player in front of him and would foul people out,the sheer size of him would put a blockage of paint play,and with Howard getting 10 ft that year almost and all these otger stars Shaq would get 15+

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    it's a starface gimmick
    cant say im familiar

Considering when wilt had to or wanted to or had to be offensive focus
    he put up 50 For a Season along with 25 rebounds

And when he wanted to pass he put up 30,25,10

and defense 25,28

Jordan scored 40,50,60 against the celtics,put up pts vs pistons,destroyed the cavs,He avg 30 in all the playoffs,If he had to do everything
    youd see 35,8,12 most likely or even more with the rules today and ft.

Shaq avg 35,12,3 in his dominating playoff year
    and was against a better frontline than what LeBron went against those years and even with Dwight,Shaq as an old man against Dwight still put up pts and Dwight couldnt stop him but Shaq could slow down Dwight
    And he had 12 fta with the current then rules 15-20 fta those playoffs putting up
    possibly 40,15,4 on 48-55% fg rather than his 60-65% usual.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    The only person or persons that couldve won
    with those teams are

Wilt,Jordan,Shaq

Wilt would dominate any frontline any you would have to double,triple wilt nowadays,also Wilt was the greatest rebounder,shotblocker and could play the whole game and was one of greatest defensive players along with
    the Most Dominating player of all time.

Jordan could score from anywhere besides 3 pt line good and had amazing defense and with tge current game Jordan wouldnt be stopped.

Shaq would abuse every frontline player in front of him and would foul people out,the sheer size of him would put a blockage of paint play,and with Howard getting 10 ft that year almost and all these otger stars Shaq would get 15+
    This

/thread

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Playmaker
    there isn't a single player in nba history that could have won with cleveland.
    2007 Detroit Pistons (53-29)
    2009 Atlanta Hawks (47-35)
    2008 Washington Wizards (43-39)
    2010 Chicago Bulls (41-41)
    2007 Washington Wizards (41-41)
    2007 New Jersey Nets (41-41)
    2009 Detroit Pistons (39-43)

There isn't an all star in this league incapable of duplicating Lebron's "success" with the Cavs. Those teams dont even make the playoffs in the West.

Any superstar in league history when paired with a top defensive, top rebounding and top three point shooting supporting cast is capable of duplicating what Lebron accomplished given the competition with the Cavs. People with agendas love to make his teammates look worse than they are just to prop up LeBron. The team, especially in 2010 perfectly complimented his talents or any superstar wing for that matter.

Who knows how well that 2010 Cavs team does if LeBron doesn't visibly quit and pout vs Boston. Even Delonte West played better than LeBron during that game 5 vs Boston where he gave up on his team before the series was over. We'll never know now what their capabilities were. Did LeBron have a superstar co-runner with the Cavs? No, but he had well built teams with appropriate pieces that fit LeBron's game, strength and playing stye and the worst part about that whole debacle was that years Cavs team actually did have a legit shot at winning a championship. If the Cavs could have gotten past the East they would have had the eventual champion Lakers, who they swept during the regular season. They would have faced Orlando again that year but this time with Shaq who was their to slow down and cause problems for Dwight. The Cavs also had home court advantage for two straight 60+ win seasons and couldn't get to the Finals once and got bounced in the semis as a 1st seed. A team that is capable of winning 60+ wins two seasons in a row isn't capable of winning a title? I think not. I don't see how Lebron didn't have a " good enough team" when it was HIM who played poorly game 5 vs Boston and not his teammates. James was 3-14 in that game while looking absolutely lost on both sides of the court while a shell of himself Shaq was 7-11 and Parker was 5-8.

But anyway the point is James didn't compete to the best of his abilities. Look at the 2012 Heat. They were worse talent wise and health wise than the 2011 Heat and IMO faced a superior Finals opponent, and a better Conference Finals opponent. What was the difference? LeBron tried. In 2011, he gave up in the Finals and went into full Casper mode.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    BUT

Kobe is clearly LOWER than LBJ in the following departments:

-Talent
    -Strength
    -Stamina
    -Endurance
    -B'ball IQ

&

-Efficiency above all.

Kobe will get his 45 wins with CLE with few 34-35 ppg seasons. Thats about it.

Forget CLE ever crossing the 50 win season with inefficient superstar!

1st round or 2nd round exit on reg basis in post season.

Just cuz some once can chuck away 27 FGA at 45%FG dont make them a championship material.

ask AI.
    Just ask Kobe. When he was averaging all those points his team was 8th seed getting smacked by The Suns.

NBA rookie of the year

Kobe would've demanded a trade out of Cleveland, after concluding his rookie year. Like a lil bitch. Child please.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    No even as a Kobe fan...nobody could with those rosters in 07 and 09. Lebron averaged 38,8 and 8 and still lost in 09 that says it all.
    Actually I do think there were some areas where LeBron could have stepped up in 2009, in particular his defense. His defense was pretty poor in the '09 series vs Orlando and practically exposed. I remember people were talking about how he was a DPOY candidate that year and he showed how he wasn't even close in that ECF. They assigned him to Rafer Alston and made him sag off of him and the thing is LeBron didn't make much of an impact on help defense. He didn't really bother Dwight though it was hard to do so because of how deep he was setting up, but I don't remember him pressuring the ball to take time off the clock. Kobe's help defense on Dwight in the Finals was a good bit better and often stripped him or forced a deflection.

He also wasn't that good in some of the fourth quarters like missing 5 free throws in game 3 and a whole bunch of turnovers in game 4 late in the game. Game 6 was also pretty weak, 2 points in the fourth.

It is true he didn't get much help vs Orlando although I don't think that his performance was as astonishing as some people consider it.

The team record for the Cavs was deceiving
    60 plus games won but it was LEBRON literally carrying the load,
    those teams are like what the Bulls with Rose when they won 60,good defense,but only one star or player to worry about

same like with AIS sixers,You shut down Rose it was over,they were doing to Rose what people did to LeBron on the Cavs same with Iverson

And out of those 3 teams LeBron had by far the worst team.

It was literally a one man team with defenders like Roses and Ais was,
    when you put up 38,8,8 and youre team still loses yeah thats a one man team there,where was the help,same with Rose nowhere,you see the Bulls now how they win games they go hard every game and win with defense but have horrible offense and their starters are playing nearly 40 min a game just to win in
    the regular season,with no star or offensive ability to create on own its over