Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Once you create the play with the playbook program I linked you to backup the play. It will be saved as an ebp file.

Then just upload it through yousendit or something so I can download it and check it out.

NBA Superstar

i did it, but it was bak file. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...d=MLnbBjHBoxM=

this is all it shows.

Learning to shoot layups Ghost_Delay's Avatar

This play requires a Brad Miller kind of center, right? Wouldn't it be easier to just let your 2 go to the hoop after the 4 sets that baseline screen?

NBA Superstar

Default .

do you mean a centre that can pass? as a raptors fan i was using what i think their starting lineup will eventually be.

pg- ford
    sg- parker
    sf- peterson
    pf- bosh
    c- bargnani

just so you can get an idea of what i was thinking.

as for the 2/4 screen, it gives more options for the 5. he can pass to a potentially open guard for an 18 footer or give it to the pf. the pf would roll of the screen to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    do you mean a centre that can pass?
    Sure wasn't thinking about Jerome James lol. Good to know which team would be using the play. European big men do move out to the perimeter a lot more & we know Bargnani has got range. The only way the Raps are going to be succesful is by having a lot of player movement, so that could work.

NBA Superstar

Default .

ya. i hope DA KO king can get this two work with animations though. just looks better.

why live??

I used to think KO King and hippo were the same person. Two people with a hippo problem?

Anyway, why are you designing a play? I could give you some of my free flowing plays, but then I'd be like Fonzy in the WaterBoy and you'd be that fat grey coach that steals the book. I don't want that.

But if you are coaching a team, the best plays you can use (at any level) are "Motion" and it's man yvariations, or my personal fav: "Princeton" which I have about 10 modified versions.

We set up slightly different depending on the opposition.

NBA Superstar

this play is perfect for a team that likes to shoot and has quick bigs and a quick pg.

Saw a basketball once

You have the ball handler setting a pick. Dude.

NBA Superstar

Default .

i already mentioned the 3 passes the ball before he sets the screen. i'm too lazy to fix it.

Not bad. Especially for a first go round. I'll give my opinions real quick. O's are offense and X's are defenders.

Floor spacing looks like it would be a problem though. I'm guessing the O1 & O5 action to start the play is a pick and roll. O4 being at the foul line clogs the O5's area to work with.

In fact if X4 is quick or the screen action is slow to develope he can actually jump the ball handler. Also the pass from O1 to O3 back to O1 seems like wasted time. Why not just have to screen and re-screen with O5?

Like I said its damn good for a first go round. A few tweaks and it looks like it might actually work on a court.

I came across a really good 4 Out Open Post Motion offense recently. I'll try re-create it through the playbook and post it here. It would work really well because it suits the five players you listed to a tee.

NBA Superstar

did you work the motion one or did you look at the stills?

and 3 doesn't pass back to 1. he passes to 5.

thanks for the help and opinions though. really good point on the 4 clogging space.
    i also feel that the 3 screening for the 1 is pretty useless and that i'm making the 1 run around too much.

TJ Ford running around a lot will make the opposing team dizzy => Raps ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    did you work the motion one or did you look at the stills?

and 3 doesn't pass back to 1. he passes to 5.

thanks for the help and opinions though. really good point on the 4 clogging space.
    i also feel that the 3 screening for the 1 is pretty useless and that i'm making the 1 run around too much.
    I ran it with the animation. With some tweaking it looks like a decent set play. Unfortunately the tweaking would need to be done versus live opponents.

I should have that Open post offense I talked about uploaded either tonite or tomorrow morning. It's a total offensive system so it took more time to get done.

Now that I'm looking at it as in depth as I am the Raptors and Phoenix Suns are the only teams that could get away with using this offense.

Almost wish I has Sam Mitchell's phone number. Of course I'd wait until after they playe the Knics a few times.

NBA Superstar

i'd like to see it. i'll think up one or two more plays before my free trial runs out...even though i can get it again and again and again...lol