Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's Playoff Run

Michael Jordan, wilt.....had better stats

Wilt put up 37 20 6
    Last edited by Dictator; 06-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

whats with bandwagoners of other teams calling out other bandwagoners lately?

@ you calling me bandwagoner

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    LeBron James' averages in the 2012 playoffs? 30.5 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.3 apg on 50% shooting. How many times did Michael, Magic or Larry do that? ZERO.

Dirk last year had 27.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.5 apg on 49% shooting.

Shaq? Nope. Never had the assists.

Duncan? Nope. Never averaged 30.

Kobe? Nope. Never grabbed the 10 rebounds a game.

I know LeBron's going to get a lot of love over the next week, but are we underrating his run? These are "OH MY GOD!" numbers.

Seriously, we have a player in the playoffs averaging 30-10-5 on 50% shooting. Think about that. Not just for a series or a couple of games. That's what LeBron has averaged over 22 playoff games.
    You're mainly talking about just championship runs right?

How many players have averaged 31/6/8 on 52% like Jordan in 91?

How many players have averaged 22/8/12 on 54% like Magic did in 87?

How many players have averaged 26/10/7 on 50% like Bird did in 86?

Lebron hasn't done any of those. They've all put up dominant statlines. Its arbitrary though when the criteria is that specific. So that doesn't mean much. Lebron is putting up an all-time great playoff run though.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Can we let other people make these threads other then LeBeon fans?

LeBron is one win away from his first ever ring. As a basketball fan, I would have loved to see him win it with the Cavs but I'm sure he will be happy once he wins it.

It's funny because before LeBron haters were saying "he doesn't have any rings, he sucks"

Now they are so low and hate their lives so much that they will say" he only has one ring, he still sucks"

Well that one ring is more then you haters will ever have. I cannot wait for those haters to shut their mouths once LeBron wins.

Except Bird never averaged 30 a game. Barkley hit it on the head the other night. He said we've never asked a superstar to do all the things LeBron's asked to do.
    yeah true, but it's still very similar. lebron always get compared to magic, sometimes jordan, but i think he's way closer to bird than those guys

larry's 1988 reg. season he went 29.9/9.3/6.1

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You're mainly talking about just championship runs right?

How many players have averaged 31/6/8 on 52% like Jordan in 91?

How many players have averaged 22/8/12 on 54% like Magic did in 87?

How many players have averaged 26/10/7 on 50% like Bird did in 86?

Lebron hasn't done any of those. They've all put up dominant statlines. Its arbitrary though when the criteria is that specific. So that doesn't mean much. Lebron is putting up an all-time great playoff run though.
    I'm not saying LeBron's run is better than any ever or anything. Just that it's pretty damn remarkable and it seems to be getting very little attention. Honestly, Dirk got more for his run last year and LeBron's been better.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's basically had two great games

Game 5 against the Celtics and Game 3(?) against the Pacers.....otherwise it's been pretty much regular season Lebron. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. Not to mention how much he's been paraded to the line this playoff run so the stats don't truly tell the story. He's still had some 4rth qrt botch jobs or somewhat disappearing act....it's just that since he hasn't fell off like he did the past 2 yrs in the playoffs fans want to trump him up more than necessary

Actually the Playoffs in general have been more about the refs....

If I had to say what are the most memorable moments in the Playoffs this season they go as follows....

1. Rondo's game 2 performance

2. Westbrook's game 4 performance

3. Lebron's game 5 performance

4. Clippers' comeback Game 1 against Grizzlies

5. Spurs sweeping 1rst 2 series

6. Wade's game 4 performance

Very good NBA starter

Lebron has always put up gaudy numbers which is no surprise considering how much he has the ball in his hands. Keep your stats its all about the championships. Besides you're using bias criteria. I'm sure if you look it up there are other players that have put up amazing numbers throughout the playoffs but don't fit under the 30-10-5 criteria. Hypothetically is averaging 33 points, 12 boards and 4.4 assists on 48% shooting any less impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

@ you calling me bandwagoner
    i aint a heat fan brah. cant say the same about you and the celtics? was your old account 'lakersballer'

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    yeah true, but it's still very similar. lebron always get compared to magic, sometimes jordan, but i think he's way closer to bird than those guys

larry's 1988 reg. season he went 29.9/9.3/6.1
    They never do the Bird comparison because Bird was a great shooter, but their roles are very similar. If LeBron wins a couple of rings playing at the level he is, he'll be knocking on the Best Small Forward Ever door.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    i aint a heat fan brah. cant say the same about you and the celtics? was your old account 'lakersballer'
    ofc you aint a heat fan, you a bron dickrider

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Not really imo.
    Yeah the stats are good but I've never really felt that "wow" moment during these finals.
    His numbers have been amazing and he's imposed his dominance all throughout. I know what you mean though, I really want him to cap it off with a game-winning buzzer beating next game at home, that would be the cherry on top.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm not saying LeBron's run is better than any ever or anything. Just that it's pretty damn remarkable and it seems to be getting very little attention. Honestly, Dirk got more for his run last year and LeBron's been better.
    I don't get that feeling. People were only talking about Dirk's run AFTER it was over cause no one expecting them to win it. Lebron's has been getting alot of pub throughout the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't get that feeling. People were only talking about Dirk's run AFTER it was over cause no one expecting them to win it. Lebron's has been getting alot of pub throughout the playoffs.
    After Dirk's huge game 1 against OKC I saw several people talking about his run in an historical perspective. I haven't seen that for LeBron at all. Of course they've mentioned the historical prospect of a ring, but not really about how he's playing historically.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    ofc you aint a heat fan, you a bron dickrider

I prefer to say that I'm a fan of Greatness