Page 1 of 130 12341151101 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default 2012/13 Observation Deck

seems like it's time this got started

Notable results so far include UConn over #14 Michigan St in Germany, #3 Kentucky hanging on to beat Maryland in Brooklyn, and #24 Florida St getting upset at home in their opener by South Alabama

Two different major non-conference games that were set to be played on the decks of aircraft carriers were canceled and will not be rescheduled, Marquette vs Ohio St and Florida vs Georgetown

#1 Indiana had no problem with Bryant, #2 Louisville begins tomorrow vs Manhattan

Shabazz Muhammad has been declared ineligible (for now) for UCLA

Should be an interesting season, it seems wide open as to who will be left standing on April 8th

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Louisville plays today actually, Sunday

there is a matchup of ranked teams today as well, as #20 San Diego St takes on #9 Syracuse in San Diego, on the flight deck of the USS Midway. This game was originally scheduled for Friday, but was postponed.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

IU got Noah Vonleh, #7 recruit in 2013

CSUN with a nice win over Pepperdine.

Donovan Johnson drops 19 on 7-10 shooting, Hicks with 10/7 on 3-4 (5 giveaways though), Landon Drew with 7/4 off the bench with only 1 turnover. Eastern Washington is next and should be a good W.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    IU got Noah Vonleh, #7 recruit in 2013
    great day for IU fans, bad news for everyone else in the Big 10

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Vonleh commited?! And to IU?

UCONN on the radar #23 baby! The climb continues, so thrilled!

CSUN kills Eastern Washington to improve to 2-0 before 4 games in 4 nights against San Diego, Sienna, Tulsa and Northern Kentucky. 6-0 start plausible before games @ BYU & UCLA. 96-79 with 60 of the 96 in the second half. Josh Greene had 13 dimes and only 3 giveaways, Hicks and Maxwell combine for 40/18 on 17-32 shooting while Brandon Perry had 19/12.

Loving this, we are the youngest team in NC2A and will make the Big Dance next year and pull an upset sometime in the next 3 years

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    CSUN kills Eastern Washington to improve to 2-0 before 4 games in 4 nights against San Diego, Sienna, Tulsa and Northern Kentucky. 6-0 start plausible before games @ BYU & UCLA. 96-79 with 60 of the 96 in the second half. Josh Greene had 13 dimes and only 3 giveaways, Hicks and Maxwell combine for 40/18 on 17-32 shooting while Brandon Perry had 19/12.

Loving this, we are the youngest team in NC2A and will make the Big Dance next year and pull an upset sometime in the next 3 years
    Sienna and Northern may shock you guys.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Damn, Zaga beat the hell out West Virginia. I know Zaga's pretty good and all but I expected a way better showing from WV.

Damn, Zaga beat the hell out West Virginia. I know Zaga's pretty good and all but I expected a way better showing from WV.
    They have 3 transfers and only 2 returning upperclassmen in the rotation and they're on the road against a nationally ranked team loaded with talent. I'm not surprised.

Prez Karnowski is going to be a monster once he sorts out his conditioning. He already has significant pro experience and an advanced skill set for a 7'1 300 lb guy. Love watching Kevin Pangos as well.

i dont think WV knows how good they can be. I know Gonzaga can spread the floor with the best in the country, but there's no secret to how to beat them, you just have to bust your ass and contest every shot

Once he reclassified, everyone predicted IU. Although no one saw him doing so on his only visit. I mean, what the ****? That deal had to have been done a while ago.

He reminds me a lot of Marvin Williams with a much better motor. That's a good thing.

Anyone read Telep's new article?

Prediction: "Randle won't join the Harrison twins in college. I know what everyone's saying, that they all wouldn't mind playing together. When the Miami Heat put their Big Three in motion, it helped that LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were good friends. But I think it would be an upset if the three best players in Texas wind up at Kentucky."

If that happens, well you might as well sign Wiggins up for UK. Still will probably happen anyway. Although I don't know how Wiggins and Young works out in the same lineup unless Young comes off the bench.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 11-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Once he reclassified, everyone predicted IU. Although no one saw him doing so on his only visit. I mean, what the ****? That deal had to have been done a while ago.

He reminds me a lot of Marvin Williams with a much better motor. That's a good thing.

Anyone read Telep's new article?

Prediction: "Randle won't join the Harrison twins in college. I know what everyone's saying, that they all wouldn't mind playing together. When the Miami Heat put their Big Three in motion, it helped that LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were good friends. But I think it would be an upset if the three best players in Texas wind up at Kentucky."

If that happens, well you might as well sign Wiggins up for UK. Still will probably happen anyway. Although I don't know how Wiggins and Young works out in the same lineup unless Young comes off the bench.
    if Randle goes to UK i'd put my money on FSU, even though to everyone that seems mad, he's close with Rathan-Mayes, and their parents all went to FSU together.

I don't see Randle as being a follower. If Randle goes elsewhere i think Wiggins to UK is a lock. I can't really see Randle and Wiggins coexisting with the harrison twins and Young even if they are using the dribble drive offense. It's one or the other to me or these kids are making a mistake
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 11-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Planning on watching Pitt v Lehigh later today to check out that Kiwi freshman, Steven Adams.