Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Post your shooting form in .gif

Updated Jumper:

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Updated Jumper:

Nice, seems like a quick jumper. I wish I had more of that smooth single motion. Although it looks like you're shooting from the center of your forehead, you might want it more to the right.

Anyway, CelticsGarlic stole the show with his court and Rake with dunks. Wee need more posters... I like how nobody commented on my J but liked CelticsGarlic. It's cool.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Nice, seems like a quick jumper. I wish I had more of that smooth single motion. Although it looks like you're shooting from the center of your forehead, you might want it more to the right.

Anyway, CelticsGarlic stole the show with his court and Rake with dunks. Wee need more posters... I like how nobody commented on my J but liked CelticsGarlic. It's cool.
    Not with his skills?

****... wrote a god damn poem on my kniokas jumper but ok. to sum it up. kNIOKAS and I always fade when shooting.I dunno if its good.
    Your form is good, better then most of not pro players.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    ****... wrote a god damn poem on my kniokas jumper but ok. to sum it up. kNIOKAS and I always fade when shooting.I dunno if its good.
    Your form is good, better then most of not pro players.
    You need harder handles. From the looks, these may not fare well underpressure. I know, because mine's the same. You seem quick and that's nice. Jumper's fine but I think you should square shoulders more.

Fading comes from releasing the ball above the head rather than forehead, that's how you compensate the momentum from the whole body IMO. It's good, but it's bad also. Shooting a set shot one must lean towards the basket and direct the motion towards it with one's whole body. Must jump a tini bit towards it also. All goes into shooting right to the basket, whole body must be directed towards the rim. Anyway, it's not as easy to develop.

Sometimes I start struggling with the 3 so bad, I then make a conscious decision to use legs more and just jump towards basket. Gain efficiency instantly. But for me it's not yet a habit, and that's poor. Also, I'd like bring ball up faster and maybe less above head, more forehead. Simplier motion, quicker, less fadeaway...

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    You need harder handles. From the looks, these may not fare well underpressure. I know, because mine's the same. You seem quick and that's nice. Jumper's fine but I think you should square shoulders more.

Fading comes from releasing the ball above the head rather than forehead, that's how you compensate the momentum from the whole body IMO. It's good, but it's bad also. Shooting a set shot one must lean towards the basket and direct the motion towards it with one's whole body. Must jump a tini bit towards it also. All goes into shooting right to the basket, whole body must be directed towards the rim. Anyway, it's not as easy to develop.

Sometimes I start struggling with the 3 so bad, I then make a conscious decision to use legs more and just jump towards basket. Gain efficiency instantly. But for me it's not yet a habit, and that's poor. Also, I'd like bring ball up faster and maybe less above head, more forehead. Simplier motion, quicker, less fadeaway...
    Nice analysis and shooting part. Must agree with it. And yes my handles are weak.All I know is some fancy crossovers one will never use...

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

i dont really have a great looking shooting form. as a matter of fact, dudes at my park call me reggie not that its a bad thing, but im a knicks fan and i hated reggie so much growing up

heres a video of me dribbling alone, maybe taking a few jumpers. nothing spectacular lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OWtpiI6vk

and heres another of me playing my friendo in 1 on 1... im in green and he was high
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv23YanhCy0

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    i dont really have a great looking shooting form. as a matter of fact, dudes at my park call me reggie not that its a bad thing, but im a knicks fan and i hated reggie so much growing up

heres a video of me dribbling alone, maybe taking a few jumpers. nothing spectacular lol

and heres another of me playing my friendo in 1 on 1... im in green and he was high
    Really not bad. Form nothing special but overall game seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Yup, you seem to be a decent baller. Looks like you not too proud to develop skills. Not that old though? All good.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    My videos are filmed way to far to understand my shooting technique, but i can post if you wan it.

This is a picture of me shooting around yesterday that my gf took, low quality but fkuc it

I'm a lefty, so i got some kind of awkward release
    Maga, this is you right?

http://vimeo.com/40125040

This isn't the portoguese basketball league, is it?

I don't know, I guess I expected much more because you're a pro, neither you or your teammates looks like pro's. Or, I mean, that must be old footage, right?

I have a hard time seeing how you would get a call from a D1 college if that's how you play today, I have only been here for a short while but even random players I've played against at the campus would abuse the players in that video.

NBA rookie of the year

Maga, why did you delete your videos?

I didn't mean to offend you, I was just surprised over the weak competition you were playing against and if that really was the current version of you..

Do you really play in the pro league in Portugal? I checked Eurobasket and there was only one player with your name in the first league and he was born in the 70's. If you really get paid for playing basketball you must hook me up and you're one lucky man!
    Last edited by millwad; 09-29-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Some of you've already seen it in the other thread, but here's mine:

http://youtu.be/LGN_ROahC-Q

Don't know how to gif.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Updated Jumper:

Not a fan of your way of shooting, but damn, you can J-U-M-P!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Some of you've already seen it in the other thread, but here's mine:

http://youtu.be/LGN_ROahC-Q

Don't know how to gif.
    It's in OP.
    For a gif you don't really need that much. Just upload the vid to gifninja. To get the right seconds off of a vid, you can use either from this list. All good all simple. I filmed with my weak ass photo camera, you can do it by your iphones or such.
    You can do it.