Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

The way i see it is....

This is the way the league is run. If you do not like it, then do not join it.

Stay in Spain.

The kid is 18 years old, wants to come over to this country, and play in the NBA but only on his conditions? Well, I dont walk into a job and begin making demands. That isnt the way it works, ESPECIALLY if im a newcomer.

And if its his agent making the demands, then why isnt Ricky stepping up to clear the air?

Thats an obnoxious situation all the way around.

NBA lottery pick

Rubio probably will never play in the NBA. It's funny people are saying, "Oh..it's just his agent talking." or .. "Rubio wants to play, in the NBA, his agent is screwing it up."

Let's get one thing clear.. Rubio knows exactly what the hell is going on. He knows what his agent is putting forth. You think this kid is that stupid? Trust me. Rubio doesn't want to play for those two teams(Memphis or OKC). As I see it.. Rubio isn't going to show up.. period

-He making great money in Spain
    -Spain his is home
    -He has legion of fans in Spain
    -He getting all the fresh Spainish pu$$y he wants.
    -He doing really good, in his league..

now.. he going to trade all that to come to the United States, play for two crappy ass teams and earn less money? If I was Rubio, I would stay in Spain.. unless the NBA met my conditions... of course this probably is not going to happen.. the NBA doesn't work like that.. so .. like I said he will probably never play in the NBA...

Rubio fan boys... I'm sorry I had to break the news to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

Rubio probably will never play in the NBA. It's funny people are saying, "Oh..it's just his agent talking." or .. "Rubio wants to play, in the NBA, his agent is screwing it up."

Let's get one thing clear.. Rubio knows exactly what the hell is going on. He knows what his agent is putting forth. You think this kid is that stupid? Trust me. Rubio doesn't want to play for those two teams(Memphis or OKC). As I see it.. Rubio isn't going to show up.. period
    You forgot the buyout he has to pay his national team.

He obviously is going to come to NBA, but now I think he'll push it back a year or two.

Rubio isn't a college kid. He's just 18, and already a star overseas. He already has a pro ball playing career, and he's not coming out of school looking for one. That's the difference. It's not RR desperately wanting to join the NBA, it's the league looking to acquire overseas stars, and RR looking to cash in. If he wants to influence his destination, and remain in his current job as leverage, he has that right. He's not kicking and screaming to get into this league to make a career, so the attitude of "beggers can't be choosers" doesn't apply.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    You forgot the buyout he has to pay his national team.

He obviously is going to come to NBA, but now I think he'll push it back a year or two.
    Um... if he never enters the NBA, he doesn't have to pay the buy-out...

He has until June 15, to decide to take his name out of the draft..

He only has to pay the buy-out, if he chooses to join the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Um... if he never enters the NBA, he doesn't have to pay the buy-out...

He has until June 15, to decide to take his name out of the draft..

He only has to pay the buy-out, if he chooses to join the NBA.
    Yes, but the buyout isn't forever, right? How long does that Spanish franchise have a hold on him? Probably only another year or two I would think......

the only way Rubio can pay for his huge buyout is if he gets a large endorsement deal. No company is gonna give him that if he goes to **** holes like memphis or OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Rubio isn't a college kid. He's just 18, and already a star overseas. He already has a pro ball playing career, and he's not coming out of school looking for one. That's the difference. It's not RR desperately wanting to join the NBA, it's the league looking to acquire overseas stars, and RR looking to cash in. If he wants to influence his destination, and remain in his current job as leverage, he has that right. He's not kicking and screaming to get into this league to make a career, so the attitude of "beggers can't be choosers" doesn't apply.

Dude, youre comparing some kid thats a star overseas, to becomming a household name over here?

Its FAR MORE prestigious to become a household name in the NBA than it is in some euro league.

I can gaurantee you some people who watch ball right now havent the slightest idea who the hell Ricky Rubio is.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yes, but the buyout isn't forever, right? How long does that Spanish franchise have a hold on him? Probably only another year or two I would think......
    Yeah... I think it's over in 2011-2012..

The thing with Rubio is.. he would, in my opinion, be stupid, to stay in the draft, if he doesn't get what he wants.

Hell.. his buy-out is what 6 million euros? He will have to pay most of that out of pocket.. and in the economy... I doubt he will get a big time marketing contract..with nike or addias..

I doubt he may never come to the NBA.. but if he does.. I think it will be most likely be in 2012... if not then.. then never

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Dude, youre comparing some kid thats a star overseas, to becomming a household name over here?

Its FAR MORE prestigious to become a household name in the NBA than it is in some euro league.

I can gaurantee you some people who watch ball right now havent the slightest idea who the hell Ricky Rubio is.
    WTF is your point? I don't see how this relates to my point. RR doesn't care about prestige, he wants a paycheck.

People are saying he's a brat and selfish for possibly influencing his position. My point was that he's not like a college player who is desperately looking to get into the NBA in order to make a career playing pro ball. RR already HAS a pro career, he's just looking for a career upgrade. He's not busting down the door to get in, and he's not screwed if he doesn't. The point is if Blake Griffin, for example, refuses to play for LA, then he's selfish because he needs to make the league to make a career, and has no other alternative. RR already has a career, already is a star where he's at, and NBA teams want him to switch leagues. He has legitimate leverage and reason to be selfish.

Decent playground baller

Well, I can "gaurantee" that most of those people watched the final game of the Olympics and saw the kid holding his own against the best PG's the NBA has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Well, I can "gaurantee" that most of those people watched the final game of the Olympics and saw the kid holding his own against the best PG's the NBA has to offer.

Yeah, and they probably were like "wow that kid is good"

Meanwhile months later, no one remembers his name.

You do NOT get known until youre in the big time, here in the US, no matter WHAT team you play for.

You come here, play well, get known, get endorsements, and then take your career from there.

HOWEVER, this kid wants to bypass all of that silly nonsense, come into the league, choosing where he wants to play, at 18....and isnt EVEN a gaurantee that he'll be productive? HE CHOULD POTENTIALLY BE A FLOP.

Get the hell outta here, he needs to work his way up like MOST have done. Hes a KID.

I say, he can stay in spain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    WTF is your point? I don't see how this relates to my point. RR doesn't care about prestige, he wants a paycheck.

People are saying he's a brat and selfish for possibly influencing his position. My point was that he's not like a college player who is desperately looking to get into the NBA in order to make a career playing pro ball. RR already HAS a pro career, he's just looking for a career upgrade. He's not busting down the door to get in, and he's not screwed if he doesn't. The point is if Blake Griffin, for example, refuses to play for LA, then he's selfish because he needs to make the league to make a career, and has no other alternative. RR already has a career, already is a star where he's at, and NBA teams want him to switch leagues. He has legitimate leverage and reason to be selfish.
    I think its right to use leverage whenever you have it...But to say Blake doesnt have an alternative is just false. He can just as easily go over to the Euroleague and make 5 times as much money as Rubio makes now.

Good college starter

If Memphis plays their cards right, they can come out of this situation looking really good. Call the Kings and offer the #2 pick for the #4 and Thompson. Maybe even get the Kings #1 from the next draft if Sacramento gets desperate.

NBA lottery pick

I say, he can stay in spain.
    I say.. he should stay in Spain, at least until his buy-out ends. I doubt Ricky Rubio fan boys will ever see him play until 2012... if not then.. then never.. like I said before..

Because.. if he stays in the draft, this year, he is going to lose a lot of money. Do you guys really think, in this economy, Nike or Addias or some other big business is going to give him some crazy big contract deal? I don't see that happening..

Also.. he will be on a team and in a state he doesn't even want to play for..

Rubio if you're reading this, which you're not.. STAY IN SPAIN.. be smart..