Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Are these players good....or just spectacular?

Gerald Greene can jump out of the gym, but doesn't have a real skillful pallet or offer much on defense even though you'd think he could have a big defensive impact as a shot blocker if he timed his defense better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    He's had some of the worst shot selection of all time next to Kobe, and been terrible on defense, so he's practically been a detriment to his team at times despite being able to hit the difficult, non-defendable shot like a jump shot from 15 while moving laterally, and this is basically why he's never been an All-Star. You'd have to wonder if they'd have given him an All-Star nod as a lifetime achievement award had he netted 20 a game for a season towards the end here like he did in New York in 2007-08.
    Exactly. He's an extremely overrated player if anything. The last year he won the 6MOY was a complete joke. People just see some nice dribble moves and forgot about all other aspects of the game like actual shooting efficiency and defense. I'd say he was more often a detriment to the teams he was on than a positive.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Jamall is one of those players who is polarizing to fans but I pretty much never hear basketball people make the claims fans do. How little attention must you think his many coaches and front offices have paid to games when he

Jason Williams.

One thing fans who played the game and value pure fundamental talent must also come to grips with .....this is an entertainment business, ENTERTAINMENT.

You know what's entertaining ? Flashy players with weak fundamentals who are athletic freaks who can do rare spectacular things. Will you win a title with a team fulla dudes who value creating a SPECTACLE more than winning the game ? Hell nah.

But will you sell tickets, to lay fans, who never played the game at a high level, but who LOVE A SPECTACLE ???? You betttuuuuhhhh beleeeeev ITTTTTT