Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmoud
    No, not with the way Amare is playing. Nash is playing excellent and he'll be in the running, but he won last year basically because of what the team accomplished without Amare, the first year it was basically because of how much they had improved from the year prior, and he was a big reason for both those years. How can they top it this year? Unless the Suns win 65+ games, I just don't see it happening.
    so we can rule kobe out with the way Lamar Odom has been playing. He is even more important for the lakers than Amare is for the suns.

Amare : 16.9 pts
    8.2 reb
    0.7 assists

Lamar: 18.4 pts
    9.1 rebs
    5.1 assists

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Maximum310's Avatar

I dont think he will...an UNDESERVING LBJ already won it b4 the season got started..
    All he has to do is get the Cavs into one of the top 4 seeds in the weak east, and every voter will drool him as MVP..

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum310
    I dont think he will...an UNDESERVING LBJ already won it b4 the season got started..
    All he has to do is get the Cavs into one of the top 4 seeds in the weak east, and every voter will drool him as MVP..
    yup this looks likely. also if the mavs can get the best record in the west, then i think dirk will get it.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't see it, even if he keeps this up. People will leave him off their ballot this year, like they did w/Kobe last year.

What he can do is quiet all the talk about the two MVPs he's already got. I think people are starting to recognize that Nash isn't Kurt Warner--he's legitimately that good, and he's not going away any time soon. :shrug:

I rule the local playground

Just since I don't know, what is it that he did to get so much better in Phoenix than Dallas. I've watched him plenty on both teams and he's just so much better now........it can't just be the system. He looks faster, stronger, shoots better, passes better, doesn't get as tired, even makes some hustle defensive plays. He has somehow gotten better at everything by a lot. And that's not even considering his stats or the pace they play at. How has he gotten so much better at an old age?

I think Dirk or Tim Duncan will get it this year

Dunking on everybody in the park

The physical part is because he didn't get truly serious about his conditioning and diet until the summer he was a FA. Before that his rep was as a hard-partying guy, but that summer he got married (to a personal trainer, believe it or not) and really settled down. He also got very enthusiastic about 'core strength' exercises, partly because he was concerned about his back holding up, and you can see the difference that's made in his balance and coordination.

The mental stuff IMO is because he keeps expanding on his game, which is something that a lot of veteran NBA players don't seem to do. Nash has always been a late bloomer, though, so maybe he's managed to turn that to his advantage.

I called this last season after Nash won his second MVP award. There is simply no reason not to give him a third award if he plays as well as he did in the two previous seasons and his team does well. If we are going to go by the traditional definition of the MVP award that so many people were lauding last season, he's a top 3 candidate this year and deserves to win... 3 time MVP award winner. He'll go down as a legend.

If the Jazz end up with the best record in the league at the end of the year i think boozer will get it. Mostly because many people thought like Greg Anthony: Can Boozer play the whole season? Who's going to play shooting guard? Can Okur have another great season? Regardless, I don't see this being a playoff team.
    DIVISION RANK: 4 | CONFERENCE RANK: 14

I think it is way too early to be talking about MVP's though. You have to wait and see how things play out. You can't name an MVP based on ifs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

"I called this last season after Nash won his second MVP award."

Me too. though I think I said it with the following conditions:

The Lakers and Cavs dont win 55 games and the Mavs dont win 65.

Aside from those things I dont see how anyone else would get it. Hes just the default choice for this era it seems. If the Cavs, Lakers, and Mavs dont blow it away record wise Nash might retire with like 4 or 5 if he plays this level till about 36. And I dont see why he couldnt.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I think Big Timmy will get his 3rd when it's all said and done.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You could justify Duncan winning it basically every year since 02.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

iverson is the sportswriters' mvp. look what he's done for them already this season!

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Well other than 02, which I still think it belongs to Kidd, I probably could.

if they keep the same criteria they had the last 2 years, then there's no reason he shouldn't get it. i can easily see kobe or dirk getting it this year if they keep up their play, and their teams win teh same amount or more as the suns. i'd be fine with any of the 3