Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Fred VanVleet putting up multiple 30+ point performance just 10 games into the season

stans trying to tell me the defense in this era is the best its ever been

Fred Vanvleet wouldnt been able to buy a bucket in the 90s and early 2000s
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 11-14-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Fred VanVleet putting up multiple 30+ point games just 10 games into the season

It really is shocking to me how many role players are suddenly putting up big performances in this era as if they

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Fred VanVleet putting up multiple 30+ point games just 10 games into the season

[QUOTE=hiphopanonymous]It really is shocking to me how many role players are suddenly putting up big performances in this era as if they

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Fred VanVleet putting up multiple 30+ point performance just 10 games into the season

He actually came up big in the playoffs last season and now has a bigger role. OP being a fakkot as usual, though, of course.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Fred VanVleet putting up multiple 30+ point performance just 10 games into the season

Fred Vanvleet is a baller. He reminds me of Bobby Jackson from the Sac Kings in the 2000's.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

stans trying to tell me the defense in this era is the best its ever been

Fred Vanvleet wouldnt been able to buy a bucket in the 90s and early 2000s
    Dude's like John Starks were averaging like 19 a game in the 90's. Please shut fvk up.

Kobe Stan

OP just giving more evidence for his ignorance.

FVV is clearly a good player, did you see him in the finals last year?

To be fair, FVV is a bad mother****er. He isn't a scrub or a role player. If you watched this season or last night you would see that. Dude is straight up fearless and is becoming insanely skilled at reading defensive lapses. Once he makes the read his finishing is automatic.

The ISH'ers Champion!

No one here is doubting the moral character and build up of the man. OP's point is still correct.

freddy is a beast. kid has serious skill his only limitation is his height at 6 feet (more like 5'10)

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    freddy is a beast. kid has serious skill his only limitation is his height at 6 feet (more like 5'10)
    His height was recently measured due to the 2020 rules regulation that now forces teams to measure accurately - he's 5'8"

I'll admit he's solid skill wise but I still think it's a bit suspect he's so successful I'm not sold he'd be as successful in other eras when defenses used to allow more contact and offensive players had less freedom to navigate

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    His height was recently measured due to the 2020 rules regulation that now forces teams to measure accurately - he's 5'8"

I'll admit he's solid skill wise but I still think it's a bit suspect he's so successful I'm not sold he'd be as successful in other eras when defenses used to allow more contact and offensive players had less freedom to navigate
    He looks for contact though, he doesn't avoid it.

Muggsy Bogues and Spud Webb had successful careers. I’m sure FVV would
    be fine.

freddy is as oldschool as it gets he's a hardnosed gritty beast who had to earn everything wasn't drafted had to work his way onto a roster.

he's not just solid skill-wise- he's extremely skilled. I don't see this argument of him not doing well in other eras at all. it's an idiotic take.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    He looks for contact though, he doesn't avoid it.
    I'm not saying its Vanvleets methods that are a problem at all here, and I'm not even saying he couldn't play in prior eras. It's fundamentally sound to seek contact driving inside, it makes the defender backpeddle and if you're in control the foul will likely be called on them. But some hand checking could certainly have helped curb a 5-8 guys effectiveness no? Also eras prior to the no-charge zone posed issues for smaller guys finishing over bigs.

Anyways - just read another article when he was drafted he was measured "6-1 in shoes" at the draft camp. Hilarious considering this season they said he was 5-8 without shoes. Dude showed up to camp a few years ago in platforms