Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PG Position

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: PG Position

You mean in the draft? I don't follow the college game anymore so I couldn't tell u on that front. Still not real happy they gave Deron away to the second offer on the table.

As far as free agents they better not have Price as the back-up again!

Could look at Barea, Ford, Brown, Boykins, Telfair, Carter, Mills, or bring back Earl. Mills would be a young guy with some potential to take a look at. And he was behind their first round pick at the start of last year before the guy went down so he could be had I'd imagine. Supposedly they had interest in Flynn too and it sounds like he's still available. He didn't seem like a good fit but who knows who might be a good fit now if Corbin and staff change things up from the old way of doing things.

Also the possibility that teams will be able to get rid of a player with bad contract once they come to an agreement like last time. I think u have to get rid of Okur if u can but they could look at Devin or Jefferson with longer deals but they have trade value and more to offer on the court. Okur would have an expiring contract that would be of value too. Knowing the Jazz though they wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    As far as free agents they better not have Price as the back-up again!

Could look at Barea, Ford, Brown, Boykins, Telfair, Carter, Mills, or bring back Earl. Mills would be a young guy with some potential to take a look at. And he was behind their first round pick at the start of last year before the guy went down so he could be had I'd imagine. Supposedly they had interest in Flynn too and it sounds like he's still available. He didn't seem like a good fit but who knows who might be a good fit now if Corbin and staff change things up from the old way of doing things.

Also the possibility that teams will be able to get rid of a player with bad contract once they come to an agreement like last time. I think u have to get rid of Okur if u can but they could look at Devin or Jefferson with longer deals but they have trade value and more to offer on the court. Okur would have an expiring contract that would be of value too. Knowing the Jazz though they wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity like last time.
    I like Mills, but he's not really much of a facilitator on offense. Probably a bit of a duplicate of Harris to be honest. Same with Telfair and Ford, although those two would probably be the cheapest options. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Watson or maybe looking at another cheap guy like Acie Law. If you can get Flynn for the right price, then you'd have to think about it too.

I'm with you on Price, would rather someone else as the backup PG.

I'd say Okur would be the obvious choice for a buyout. Don't see them shelling out the $30 million to buyout Jefferson (If they even have that kinda dough on hand). Don't think you can/should buy out Harris until you get a long term replacement set.

I like Mills, but he's not really much of a facilitator on offense. Probably a bit of a duplicate of Harris to be honest.
    On the free agent list I looked at he's the only young prospect out there so unless u can get another one like Flynn or someone else in a trade or elsewhere I think u have to take a good look at him.

Same with Telfair and Ford, although those two would probably be the cheapest options.
    Telfair almost signed in China which means no NBA out if he ends up going that way. Ford would be a good fit with the Sloan offense depending on how much things change up. He's an old school pass first point guard.

Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Watson or maybe looking at another cheap guy like Acie Law.
    I saw Acie Law on the list and passed right by him. He hasn't showed much if anything with any team he's been on. I like Earl and have no problem with him being back and not totally against Price as long as he's at the end of the bench as an energy guy when you need a spark not a rotation player but they will probably be going after two guys besides Harris.

I'd say Okur would be the obvious choice for a buyout.
    And he's getting about the same as Deron in Turkey I guess around 5 million so give him another 5 and he'd have a hard time saying no and the Jazz save 5 and get him out of town before he teaches Kantner his loafing ways.

Good college starter

I think the Jaz should do like how the Thunder and Blazers did and build through the draft.

Don't have much choice when u suck and don't like to spend money. They do have money this off-season if they want to accelerate the process.

Good college starter

Stephen Curry's little brother is putting up some good numbers this season

15.8ppg, 4.3rbs, and 3.0apg.

He's shooting 51.4%, 88.2% from the FT line, and 58.8%from 3PT.

I think he's going to be a solid NBA player like his brother.

His brother has been more than solid I'd say. Their dad was solid. And the Jazz gave him away because of Bobby Hanson. LOL!

Agent Mark Bartelstein said Monday "a number of things" are being examined for former Jazz guard Earl Watson but "nothing [has been] decided as of yet" concerning his options for playing overseas during the NBA lockout.
    Watson reportedly turned down recent offers from teams based in China and Israel.
    The veteran guard will be an unrestricted free agent when the lockout ends.

Brian T. Smith

Banned

I think I'd honestly rather have Watson start at PG then Harris. Harris is just not a point guard.

He's certainly not a 10 million dollar a year one. Price isn't one either.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 11-26-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Marshall sounds like their kind of player and they might even be able to trade down and still get whomever they want assuming they have a pick which is looking more and more likely with their current play. I could see them trying to trade into the draft if they don't too. They needed to start developing a young pg this year not two years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if they went after the local guy either. Could play him with Hayward, Burks and Millsap and they wouldn't necessarily need a pass first pg.

Jody Genessy: D-League sharpshooter Blake Ahearn to sign a 10-day contract with the Utah Jazz, according to http://KSDK.com. (h/t @theutahjazzblog) Twitter
    Good they can get a look at the guy before the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Good they can get a look at the guy before the off-season.
    Not expecting too much from him. He's been on the Heat and Spurs and spent preseasons with Minny and Washington. Seems like he's a decent shooter, but it remains to be seen if he can do it at a NBA level.