Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I don't see them winning now, but you don't trade blake while he's still developing. If by the end of his deal he's still not winning you anything then you look to move him. But choosing Blake over CP3 is retarded. Did you see the hornets lakers series where CP3 had noone else on the team and still managed to make it competetive? He's a guy you can build around for a championship if done right, to be honest at the moment Blake isn't.
    What I'm about to say isn't specifically directed at you but it's mostly relevant because a lot of people keep degrading Griffin while boosting CP3's value.

I hate to be forced to the anti CP3 spectrum but like many of them have pointed out what has CP3 done in his career? He's a perennial first round exit besides one season in New Orleans and one season now with the CLIPPERS AND BLAKE GRIFFIN. So it's stupid to act like he's proven you can contend for a championship with him when he hasn't been there.

Blake had one rookie year, didn't go far and people act like dude isn't shit. CP3 is in his 8th season so of course he's more proven and more valuable. Griffin is still raw.

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

Yea I Would Cut Griffin And Cpiii Start Over Good Move

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

CF86.

You really think that replacing Chris Paul with Monte Ellis would make the clippers better, in what way does that make the clippers better.

You have to be able to see that Cp3 gives your team a better chance at competing for rings than Monte Ellis..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    CF86.

You really think that replacing Chris Paul with Monte Ellis would make the clippers better, in what way does that make the clippers better.

You have to be able to see that Cp3 gives your team a better chance at competing for rings than Monte Ellis..
    When did I say better? Besides I think the combination of Ellis+Pierce= CP3. Plus remember freeing Bledsoe alone will offset a lot of the loss of CP3. I think the Clippers would drop from top 3 of the west for the next few years to a dangerous mid-low seed until Griffin makes the leap.

Very good NBA starter

Chris Paul clearly elite and borderline superstar, but he is the epitome of an overvalued player IMO. The teams he's played on have a 14-20 record in the playoffs, never been to the Finals, yet you'd think Paul was a champion. Remember when his Hornets got routed by Melo's Nuggets to the tune of a 58 point loss? Building around a PG like him is going to be tough, because he's always going to dominate the ball in a way other elite point guards don't. Plus he's a flopping bitch, and not to into his style of play like I was 4-5 years ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    What I'm about to say isn't specifically directed at you but it's mostly relevant because a lot of people keep degrading Griffin while boosting CP3's value.

I hate to be forced to the anti CP3 spectrum but like many of them have pointed out what has CP3 done in his career? He's a perennial first round exit besides one season in New Orleans and one season now with the CLIPPERS AND BLAKE GRIFFIN. So it's stupid to act like he's proven you can contend for a championship with him when he hasn't been there.

Blake had one rookie year, didn't go far and people act like dude isn't shit. CP3 is in his 8th season so of course he's more proven and more valuable. Griffin is still raw.
    I'm in agreement about blake not having had a real chance to prove himself. My argument is that based on how they have played right now, if you had to choose one or the other (i'd keep both for awhile yet though) you cannot choose Blake. CP3 had pretty bad teams with the hornets, he never had a line up that was really built to compete for a ring.

I'm in agreement about blake not having had a real chance to prove himself. My argument is that based on how they have played right now, if you had to choose one or the other (i'd keep both for awhile yet though) you cannot choose Blake. CP3 had pretty bad teams with the hornets, he never had a line up that was really built to compete for a ring.
    I think CP3 is unquestionably better right now. I just think if you're building from the ground up and picking one now Griffin does have a case. Younger, maxed out deal, sells more tickets, no real limit to how good he CAN be if he works hard enough. I mean dude is raw and is one of the top 15 players already.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think CP3 is unquestionably better right now. I just think if you're building from the ground up and picking one now Griffin does have a case. Younger, maxed out deal, sells more tickets, no real limit to how good he CAN be if he works hard enough. I mean dude is raw and is one of the top 15 players already.
    Yeah we're arguing different points I think, your saying if your picking to build around for a new franchise Griffen? I'm talking about if you have one year to win a ring and then the world is ending.

Banned

lmao people really don't watch basketball games. op is going out of his way to make the worst poster in ish history look intelligent. i've seen 98% of blake's nba career. 3rd year blake is significantly better than rookie blake. rookie blake put up really nice numbers because he was one of two players who could do anything on a terrible team. all of his points came through dunks off a fast break or pick n roll or just experimentation. his defense didn't existent at all for the past two seasons. jj hickson could kill him for 10 straight plays by just running a pick n roll because blake still didn't know how to defend it. rookie blake would not even attempt to block any shots or stop any guys around the hoop (mostly because he was afraid of getting in foul trouble but also because he didn't know how to really do it). 3rd year blake has a consistent jump shot, is almost always decisive in the post, can guard his man solidly and his team defense is pretty good now too. he's a much much better player. and we haven't really gotten a chance to see what he can do in late game situations yet because either clippers have blown out the team, or are down and cp3 is trying really hard to get them back in the game.

Yeah we're arguing different points I think, your saying if your picking to build around for a new franchise Griffen? I'm talking about if you have one year to win a ring and then the world is ending.
    Ahhhh then yes CP3 in a landslide. The other posters though were talking about going forward for the future they would let Griffin go before CP3 though and that I was being stupid to say otherwise. For 1 year at the ring or even 2... CP3 gets picked by 30 of 30 GM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    lmao people really don't watch basketball games. op is going out of his way to make the worst poster in ish history look intelligent. i've seen 98% of blake's nba career. 3rd year blake is significantly better than rookie blake. rookie blake put up really nice numbers because he was one of two players who could do anything on a terrible team. all of his points came through dunks off a fast break or pick n roll or just experimentation. his defense didn't existent at all for the past two seasons. jj hickson could kill him for 10 straight plays by just running a pick n roll because blake still didn't know how to defend it. rookie blake would not even attempt to block any shots or stop any guys around the hoop (mostly because he was afraid of getting in foul trouble but also because he didn't know how to really do it). 3rd year blake has a consistent jump shot, is almost always decisive in the post, can guard his man solidly and his team defense is pretty good now too. he's a much much better player. and we haven't really gotten a chance to see what he can do in late game situations yet because either clippers have blown out the team, or are down and cp3 is trying really hard to get them back in the game.
    The day I rep Al Thornton has finally come after 2 years of negging him. Well done AT.

86: I'm glad your not the Clippers GM. I'd take Elgin back before you.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

CP3 for westbrook get it done.

cp3 to lakers in few years

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

they lost a great chance by not trading for Howard...

I would have done that trade...but Griffin sells tickets....

they will be good regular season but I want to see Griffin's shot fall when the pressure is on