Default NBA scouts: IU's Victor Oladipo is ready, Cody Zeller maybe not

To stay at Indiana or chase their dream of playing in the NBA?

That

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: NBA scouts: IU's Victor Oladipo is ready, Cody Zeller maybe not

zeller is very physically weak and didnt show the ability to take over a game during the tournament.

not someone i'd want on the suns

oladipo on the other hand looks pretty solid

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm still not sold on Oladipo's offense. I know his %s were (really) great, but a lot of that is stuff at the rim and he's not going to be able to convert at such a high rate against NBA bigs.

He's a truly great defender though, his size limits his versatility on that end a bit, but that's not a huge deal. And he's an absolute gym rat, I'm a Purdue fan so I've seen plenty of Oladipo. The jumps he made each year were incredible, he's not a kid that's going to get paid and just stop working. He's really the only 2 in this draft I think is a safe pick. Certainly not the highest ceiling, not even close really, but he's going to at the absolute worst be a quality rotation player that changes the complexion of games with his defense.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I agree completely. He reminds me a bit of what Avery Bradley does for the Celtics. I could see him being a game changer defensively on either guard spot. And I know he's gonna run the floor, move without the ball on offense, finish at the rim.
    He appears to be a better shooter than Bradley at this point, but probably not as good a playmaker. Bradley does come out of a PG background, and still seems like a pretty good ball mover, and has an instinct for penetrate and dish/kick that's above average.
    If Oladipo's shooting this year wasn't an outlier this year, and he continues to get better at it, he can be even more than that. Maybe something along the lines of what Jason Richardson was at his peak.