Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Would Durant and Harden be 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Harden doesn't even get the opportunity to start with his no-defense playing ass. He'd get exposed and attacked on every possession, plus he wouldn't get away with any of this shit. At best he's what he was at OKC.

KD OTOH would still be great, he can play in the post and he has the mid-range shot.
    The retard level on ISH is remarkable.

When you think they can't get dumber, they do.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Would Durant and Harden be 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

That guy is a super low iq troll

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well MJ is like a modern day DeMar which is like top 50 in the league so...

I think they'd be alright
    Lebron is the modern day Corey Magette as well.

So, what does Harden do under 90s rules?

Does his skillset match that era?

He isn't physical enough to score in the post. He doesn't shoot mid-range jumpers (don't use the very small sample size to try to convince anyone otherwise) and he isn't the fastest or most athletic guy in the league.

It's cool that he's allowed to chuck away 3s in MDA's system and that he's found a way to get himself to the line in this era, but that's not going to work in the 90s.

Want some more facts about your favorite player? He shoots 39%FG in the 4th quarter with 31% from 3 for this whole year. Nothing but padded stats from the annual Playoff choker.

Imagine that any coach would allow him to play that style of ball back then

So, what does Harden do under 90s rules?

Does his skillset match that era?

He isn't physical enough to score in the post. He doesn't shoot mid-range jumpers (don't use the very small sample size to try to convince anyone otherwise) and he isn't the fastest or most athletic guy in the league.

It's cool that he's allowed to chuck away 3s in MDA's system and that he's found a way to get himself to the line in this era, but that's not going to work in the 90s.

Want some more facts about your favorite player? He shoots 39%FG in the 4th quarter with 31% from 3 for this whole year. Nothing but padded stats from the annual Playoff choker.

Imagine that any coach would allow him to play that style of ball back then
    Harden has one of the quickest first steps in the league. You combine his quickness with elite ballhandling, strength, and footwork and the physicality is not gonna stop him from getting where he wants.

You're legit a f*cking retard though, so I'm good on this convo.

Harden has one of the quickest first steps in the league. You combine his quickness with elite ballhandling, strength, and footwork and the physicality is not gonna stop him from getting where he wants.

You're legit a f*cking retard though, so I'm good on this convo.
    So you present me with zero facts and the best you can come up with is calling me a retard. That's original.

Harden's nothing but a gimmick, who keeps getting exposed every single year in the Playoffs. You take away the ticky-tack fouls and you allow the defenders to D him up & he has nothing else to give you. We've seen this for the past 4 post-seasons and you're still here trying to sell me this nonsense.

He's not doing shit in the 90s. There's nothing about his game that convinces me otherwise. He doesn't have the MDA offense and he doesn't have the benefit of the refs in that era.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Durant is ageless. Any era, he's great.

Harden would be a 15-18 point scorer and nowhere near a superstar.

Harden doesn't even get the opportunity to start with his no-defense playing ass. He'd get exposed and attacked on every possession, plus he wouldn't get away with any of this shit. At best he's what he was at OKC.

KD OTOH would still be great, he can play in the post and he has the mid-range shot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TDVWnZ5K8

So you present me with zero facts and the best you can come up with is calling me a retard. That's original.

Harden's nothing but a gimmick, who keeps getting exposed every single year in the Playoffs. You take away the ticky-tack fouls and you allow the defenders to D him up & he has nothing else to give you. We've seen this for the past 4 post-seasons and you're still here trying to sell me this nonsense.

He's not doing shit in the 90s. There's nothing about his game that convinces me otherwise. He doesn't have the MDA offense and he doesn't have the benefit of the refs in that era.
    Defenders can't keep Harden in front of them because of his level of quickness combined with ballhandling and strength.

I get that this is difficult concept for you comprehend, so why don't you stick to something easier like the Kobe vs. Lebron stuff you're accustomed to.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

If Harden is so great, why does he regress in the playoffs every. single. year?

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    If Harden is so great, why does he regress in the playoffs every. single. year?

Why?
    Because his 3 point shot has failed him. That's literally what it is.

Take away the free throws and Harden is still a great scorer. He's a good 3 point shooter, good slasher to the rim and his mid-range really isn't that bad. He just barely uses it because of Morey ball offense.

Harden before MDA offense was still a damn good scorer. Averaged 29 ppg the season before he came, and 27 the year before that.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Durant is ageless. Any era, he's great.

Harden would be a 15-18 point scorer and nowhere near a superstar.
    Stupid statement

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    Take away the free throws and Harden is still a great scorer. He's a good 3 point shooter, good slasher to the rim and his mid-range really isn't that bad. He just barely uses it because of Morey ball offense.

Harden before MDA offense was still a damn good scorer. Averaged 29 ppg the season before he came, and 27 the year before that.
    He was decent. He was good from the top of the key, but that's about it. He still shot a huge volume of 3s, he was already doing the same type of stuff back then.

Let's look at Harden's Playoff resume from 2015-18 in big/elimination games

2015: 2/11 with 12 TOs against the Warriors in elimination, shot 3/16 just two games before that

2017: loses an elimination game at home to Kawhi-less Spurs (39-pt blowout!) while going 2/11 with 6 TOs 10 pts

2018: is up 3 - 2 on the Warriors (despite him shooting 0/11 from 3 in Game 5) and proceeds to go 6/25 from three in the next two games with 14 turnovers, goes 2/13 from three in Game 7 and is apart of the most embarrassing stretch in post-season history, where his team misses 27 straight threes and gives the game away at home. His team was up by 11 pts at the half.

He was the 3rd man for OKC and stunk it up against the Heat too. I've seen him come up short too many times to seriously consider him an elite player in the 90s. If he struggles in the Playoffs right now, what does he do in that era?

He doesn't have the skillset to be better than guys like Penny, Drexler & Pippen in that era. Let's not even get into comparing him to bigs.

Local High School Star

Too many elite big men in 90s for them to be top 3. Top ten yeah probably.