Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe "After losing by 20 we can

For those of you citing the teams play when defending Dwight on this matter you obviously don't get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yes, as if Dwight smiling is why Lakers play like shit. Seriously, Kobe needs to stop taking digs at Dwight all the time. Its not healthy for the team or for getting the best outta the best center in the world.

You have zero grasp on sports and competition.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

You have zero grasp on sports and competition.
    Guaranteed he's suburban Asian/white boy that's never even stepped on a court

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Dwight does not seem remotely close to the player he was in Orlando. At times, I cringe when he has the ball.

Orl. Dwight was a different Dwight. I think he's become jaded. I feel like all that FA dwightmare sh*t f*cked with his head, it seems like he has this sense of entitlement and everything is going to be easy for him. I wonder how much of these issues are back related and how much of the issues are mind related.

I hate when people choose scapegoats because it's so primitive. Like middle ages primitive. It's the reason why things like WWII happened, and so many other bad things this day in age. So I have a particular annoyance towards people who always pick a person to blame for everything that goes wrong. Whether it's Dwight or Gasol.

The times I saw Dwight last night he wasn't smiling, but now you have people like the OP recording the game waiting for any type of out of context smile from Dwight just to post it here. And I'm not a Dwight fan because I think he's a moron.

He has a smiling personality, just like my cousin's kid. If you go back to when Dwight was 2 years old he probably had the same smiling personality, just like my cousin's kid, so I can't fault him for smiling when someone talks to him.

It's like Eli Manning the year he won his first Super Bowl. Sports radio everyday kept ripping him because of his facial expression. A person can't help the way they look in Eli's case. He shut them up by winning the Super Bowl MVP.

Also is there a link of Kobe saying this, or it the title another made up quote by a Kobe stan? Or taken out of context?

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Stop making Dwight the scapegoat. Smiling is just part of his personality.

Banned

[QUOTE=Ancient Legend]@mcten: Kobe not naming names, but ... "After we lose by 20 or 30 points, we definitely can

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    when one of your more notable and supposed one of the best players in the league is laughing after losing to your in town rival 20+ his head isnt there, he doesnt wanna win, he doesnt contribute enough there is something wrong. Hes a clown plain and simple
    He always had this loser attitude even in the 2009 playoffs and finals

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    You guys are a joke. I saw this live and knew you guys would leave out Metta cracking up. Show me the part where Metta turns around, I guarantee hes laughing and smiling. ****in losers

LOL, Metta's not a human.

It's amazing to me how some of you fans can forgive rape charges/unfaithfulness or going into the stands after fans, but get on someone's case because he's SMILING.

It's like Joey Crawford tossing Duncan because he's laughing on the bench. We have no idea what DH was smiling about - maybe MWP was cracking a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Memphis is doing a good job of it imo

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Worst scapegoat ever. Seriously? A guy can't smile anymore? Stupid.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Kobe has officially turned Steve NASH into Steve Blake

Saw a basketball once roma_victor's Avatar

I'm not a D12 fan but it's pretty ridiculous to use a context-free freeze frame of him smiling to indict him of having a non-competitive, losers' mentality.

In the waning moments of the superbowl the camera showed 49er coach Jim Harbaugh smiling at a referee, semi-joking that the refs "owed him one" (presumably for blowing the no-call during the 49ers' last drive).

Would a freeze frame of him "laughing" at the 49ers' crushing loss be evidence that Harbaugh is not a competitor, when in fact it is common knowledge that he is one of the most competitive people in sports?

I wonder if what Kobe is doing to Dwight is what MJ did to Kwame Brown.

Break him down, humiliate him, to the point of Dwight remaining just a wall of human meat. Just some entity with no purpose or will to win.

Hey Kobe is definitely following in the path of MJ.