Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Return of Amar'e Stoudemire

Amare's "STATS" are updated...get it?.......STAT?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    No. I think it's overrated. Amare moves off the ball. He doesn't need the ball on the block, tho it's important that he has added it to his game.

I'd rather Felton go to the bench and have Shumpert slashing from the SG position, alongside Jason Kidd.

And in the end, if it doesn't work, then he has to be moved...we're not keeping Amare for him to be a 6th man. It's useless.
    So you want to start Kidd and Amare, who we need to watch their minutes, and bench Felton, who we don't. And trade Amare because you don't like the psychology of him not starting).

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Spacing for the Carmelo/chandler/amare front court is overrated- if you want a Carmelo not shooting free throws and shooting from 3 all the time.

It shouldn't be about asking your best player to adjust his game to those around him. It should be building around your best players strengths. Carmelo's strengths are that he is the best post up 3 of all time and a guy you want in the post and midrange game
    Melo doesn't want to play the 4, he is less efficient in the paint, he is getting blocked on 20% of his shots. Go see the 82games shot selection stats.

Melo wants to play the 3, shoot threes and jumpers and post up when there's a mismatch he can take advantage.

In which part of building around your best player strengths do you put him where he doesn't want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Melo doesn't want to play the 4, he is less efficient in the paint, he is getting blocked on 20% of his shots. Go see the 82games shot selection stats.

Melo wants to play the 3, shoot threes and jumpers and post up when there's a mismatch he can take advantage.

In which part of building around your best player strengths do you put him where he doesn't want to be?
    I have never said anything about him playing the four- maybe you don't know so ill tell you, positions are defensive. HE NEEDS TO BE DEFENDING THREE'S

What I am saying though is he isn't the typical 3. He isn't a Lebron/Durant perimeter 3. He is so unique there isn't a name for it- opposite of a point forward more of a power 3. He is better the closer he gets to the basket, but in no way does that mean he should be a 4. Him close to the basket with a 3 defending him is best case scenerio. The only way to accomish that is a 4 or 5 who can play effectively on the perimeter and draw a big out of the paint to defend him

I have never said anything about him playing the four- maybe you don't know so ill tell you, positions are defensive. HE NEEDS TO BE DEFENDING THREE'S

What I am saying though is he isn't the typical 3. He isn't a Lebron/Durant perimeter 3. He is so unique there isn't a name for it- opposite of a point forward more of a power 3. He is better the closer he gets to the basket, but in no way does that mean he should be a 4. Him close to the basket with a 3 defending him is best case scenerio. The only way to accomish that is a 4 or 5 who can play effectively on the perimeter and draw a big out of the paint to defend him
    So many wrong.... First no he is not better the closer he gets to the basket, he is shooting a higher percentage form outside vs inside, he is blocked 20% of the times inside, he is not good at taking contact and score, people praise him for being fast getting up again, acting on his miss, that should tell you something on how he misses a lot. Great i'm repeating myself.

With a 3 defending him? And with a 3 defending him, there goes the quickness advantage he has with a 4 defending him, there goes the mismatch. And seriously if you think he would be great close to the basket with a 3 defending, what would stop the other teams from putting a 4 on him, and sending the 3 defend the stretch 4? Do you think they would be like "Oh shit melo is great close to the basket with a 3 on him, and there's nothing we can do!"

Yeah Melo at 4 and Bargs at 3, this guys wet dream. What a great team that would be.

oh and MELO DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY CLOSE TO THE BASKET!
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 01-31-2013 at 02:42 PM.

i like the felton/chandler pick and roll. i like the prig/amare pick and roll.

amare can continue coming off the bench. he is doing fine from there. it's not as if he isnt finishing games. although one day, i would like to see him start again. it doesn't have to be anytime soon, maybe a month before the playoffs?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Remember when some people wanted to trade Amar'e for Pau?

With that Hakeem Post Game

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Amare's "STATS" are updated...get it?.......STAT?.....
    Oh crap I just got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Remember when some people wanted to trade Amar'e for Pau?

I think most still do.

Amare, Thomas, brewer, James white
    For
    Bargnani, kleiza, Amir j, hadaadi

Amare, Thomas, brewer, James white
    For
    Bargnani, kleiza, Amir j, hadaadi
    Do you understand that the problem with all your trades is Bargnani is garbage?

NBA lottery pick

Best post player in the NBA

In a year's time, guy went from a strictly faceup big w/ no back-to-basket game to speak of to an Olajuwon protege

Gotta give props, he's really redefined his game...dude's been killing it down low so far