Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Hakeem says only in his dreams

If I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.

-Michael Jordan

oh and one-fcuking-star

Quote Originally Posted by Quintilianus
    I corrected the bolded, you made a mistake.
    And lol@POTM, WS/48, TS%, PER. They have absolutely no value in comparing players, absolutely zero.

You gotta look at Hakeem's team's, he had a real contending roster for like three-four years through-out his career. Still has two rings, outplayed the second most dominant force in the paint ever in shaq in the finals, outplayed ewing in other finals.
    There's no case for lebron yet, unless you care about mvp's, ts%, PER.
    If you care about things that actually have value and quality of the game without a second ring Lebron has no case.
    And if that's lebron's peak he'll probably won't reach hakeem's peak. I don't think that peak is something that should be very valuable in comparing players too, but you seem to adore that idea, so just throwing it out there
    Nah, from what i have seen these last 4 years Lebron was easily the most productive/dominant/impactful player and please notice the "+" hinting at the probability of him being the best player for more years in the upcoming seasons aswell.... Lebron was unquestionably the best player in the world for at least 2 years, but only because he won the championship.... in reality he was that same dominant/productive/impactful player for many more years, he just didnt have the benefits of greater supporting cast....

Unlike Hakeem, Lebron was/is the most dominant player in the world.... in the universe.... Lebron didnt need for the actual best player in the world to take a vacation from the league (Michael Jordan) to be the best player in the NBA or win a championship........ Not trying to downplay Hakeem, but it is very true that its unlikely Hakeem would have been the best player or even won a championship if the actual best player in the world didnt take the vacation.... If Michael Jordan was around those 2 years we wouldnt be having this conversation right now....
    Last edited by pauk; 04-15-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    ......................................LeBron...... ...........Hakeem..............

Cracking Under Pressure ....... 197.................... 0 ...................

chokes .............................. 376....................0 ....................

tough mentality ..................2/10 ...................10/10................
    wow... excellent facts.... you win my friend....

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    Hakeem had NOBODY, and wild-shooting, 33 year old Clyde Drexler on his. While Hakeem was surrounded by role-players (and Clyde),

Lebron had TWO superstar.
    This isn't true - Hakeem some really fantastic role players around him (as does Lebron in addition to the 2 superstars).....even in the years before he won.

But it's pretty clear he was a better offensive player, a more unstoppable scorer, a more versatile scorer, and someone good enough to impact the game off the ball when he needed to.

Add to that the huge defensive gap - and I think that about settles it

Of course the 25 Player of the Week awards for James is a quite compelling argument.
    Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 04-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Now a Cavs fan again

Easily LeBron. Only nostalgia would convince anyone otherwise. Besides Jordan, there's never been a player as good as LeBron 2009-present. Just the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I rest my case... you obviously have nothing to come with except disagreement with what is infront of your eyes...

I've probably got Hakeem higher on my all time list than others (I usually see him 10th, but I've got him 7th with a strong case to be higher). Hakeem is the best all round center I've ever seen in terms of combined offense and defense. If he had the teams that the other great centers had, we could be looking at more championships and finals MVPs, which is what superficially counts in the eyes of many casual viewers.

In my eyes, LeBron is not close to Hakeem at the moment. However, this period of dominance LeBron is displaying is something I've only see a handful of other players do. He's on the right track, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    List of all their accolades:

..........................LeBron.................H akeem..............
    MVP........................4...................... ...1..................
    FMVP......................1....................... ...2.................
    CHAMP....................1........................ ..2.................
    1st All-NBA..............7..........................6..... ............
    1st All-Defensive.......5..........................5...... ...........
    ROTY.....................Yes...................... .No................
    DPOY......................0....................... ...2.................
    Best Player...........4+ years................2 years.............
    All-Star....................9........................1 2.................
    All-Star MVP.............2.........................0....... ...........
    POTM.....................25....................... .5..................
    ....................................STATS......... ......................
    PPG.......................27.6.................... .21.8...............
    RPG........................7.3.................... ..11.1..............
    APG........................6.9.................... ...2.5...............
    SPG........................1.7.................... ...1.7...............
    BPG........................0.8.................... ....3.1..............
    TS%......................57.5%...................5 5.3%...........
    eFG%.....................52.4%...................5 1.3%...........
    WS/48....................24.1.....................17. 7..............
    PER........................27.6................... ..23.6..............

What say you? I think LeBron already has a very strong case..... and i think if he gets another FMVP/Championship this season then its really not that debatable anymore...

The 'best player' part is plain stupid it depends on the players from that particular era. If LeBron played in the 90s he wouldn't be the best player. He would be the runner up to the-one-we-all-know.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Easily LeBron. Only nostalgia would convince anyone otherwise. Besides Jordan, there's never been a player as good as LeBron 2009-present. Just the truth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion

What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Nah, from what i have seen these last 4 years Lebron was easily the most productive/dominant/impactful player and please notice the "+" hinting at the probability of him being the best player for more years in the upcoming seasons aswell.... Lebron was unquestionably the best player in the world for at least 2 years, but only because he won the championship.... in reality he was that same dominant/productive/impactful player for many more years, he just didnt have the benefits of greater supporting cast....

Unlike Hakeem, Lebron was/is the most dominant player in the world.... in the universe.... Lebron didnt need for the actual best player in the world to take a vacation from the league (Michael Jordan) to be the best player in the NBA or win a championship........ Not trying to downplay Hakeem, but it is very true that its unlikely Hakeem would have been the best player or even won a championship if the actual best player in the world didnt take the vacation.... If Michael Jordan was around those 2 years we wouldnt be having this conversation right now....
    same can be said for Lebron if he was in that era
    Last edited by Haks; 04-15-2013 at 03:11 PM.