Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Robert Horry "Michael Jordan feared Hakeem"

Dollar Tree Will Smith playing up to the cameras.

Jordan waited for Hakeem from 1991-93. And came back in 1995.

"Feared" Houston and Chicago would've been a damn good finals tho. No argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Mind you, Hakeem isn't just saying MJ > LeBron, in his opinion, it's not even close

Thanks Manny98, thought about posting Hakeem's opinion on MJ > LeBron but didn't do it after MJ throttled James ass on the latest ISH GOAT list poll, thought it would just be overkill at that point
    Manny slipped up on one of his alts and had Lebron at 11 and MJ at 1. Take what he says on his manny account and other alts for what it is, troll accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Bulls had stiffs at center. Houston was a bad matchup for them. Jordan was just acknowledging reality.

If i remember right the Lakers were the only easy Finals win the Bulls ever had, and Worthy was hurt. Pretty sure all the rest went 6 games. They werent steamrolling the West.

Houston would have been a tough series for sure.
    A tough series indeed. Too bad Grant left the Bulls in '94 or else we would have had a Finals for the ages in '95.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Manny slipped up on one of his alts and had Lebron at 11 and MJ at 1. Take what he says on his manny account and other alts for what it is, troll accounts.
    False I never said that

The true test might be the answer to the question: would I trade my career for X's? I would guess that every player would trade for MJ's and MJ would trade for no one's.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Except that LeBron beat Duncan and KG whilst MJ couldn't beat Hakeem (1-5 from 91-93)

Also LeBron never came out and said thathe was relieved not to face anyone in the finals
    Reg season don't mean anything though so the 1-5 is irrelevant.

And LeBron maybe never said he feared anyone in those exact words but he did say something similar about the warriors band he all but said that about kawhi with his body language the time he was on the line and kawhi checked in. And that's against a guy who he was actually going up against. Mj didn't fear Hakeem himself. He just knew his centers had no chance against him and it would be a tough matchup for the bulls as a team.

What Bron did on the foul line was way worse tbh but neither is that big of a deal really.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Bulls had stiffs at center. Houston was a bad matchup for them. Jordan was just acknowledging reality.

If i remember right the Lakers were the only easy Finals win the Bulls ever had, and Worthy was hurt. Pretty sure all the rest went 6 games. They werent steamrolling the West.

Houston would have been a tough series for sure.
    Not sure it would have really mattered. David Robinson was one of the best defensive players in the world in 95 and Hakeem ate him up in that series. You, frankly, just let Dream get his while you shut down everyone else. He can only do so much...especially when he has to be fed the ball. Pippen could made it a real hard time to get a pass into Hakeem with his help defense. It would also be a good idea to put him on Kenny Smith in general. In 94 the Bulls beat the Rockets. They were 1-1, but the loss doesn't even matter since that win the Rockets got was when Pippen was injured. In the Bulls win he had 25pts 12rebs 6assist 2stl 1blk on 57%fg.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-06-2019 at 10:26 PM.

man rockets didn't have enough wing scoring to compete with the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    man rockets didn't have enough wing scoring to compete with the Bulls.
    Jordan was scared.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    Jordan was scared.
    Pretty much.

Hakeem usually gave MJ trouble in the paint no argument there

As for the game, I think any incarnation of the Bulls would still probably win because the Rockets relied too much on just Hakeem. Cassell was a great jump shooter, but he didn't really have that shot down pat that first year, 1993-94. So, Bulls could just let Hakeem get his, which he'll do regardless of who's in the paint for the Bulls, I mean he put Shaq on wheels in '95, and shut down the other players. Meanwhile, the Bulls had too much offensive firepower and defensive clampdowns between Jordan, Pippen, Armstrong and Grant, even if Grant leaves after '93.

Armstrong and Paxson compliment MJ for scoring from the wing and they could pop the three with Pip running the point-forward. I mean mid-90s Bulls is one of the best jump shooting teams of all time. Houston doesn't really have the defensive answer for the triangle.
    Last edited by 72-10; 12-24-2019 at 06:15 PM.

MJ himself said something to the tune of