Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent playground baller D.Z.W.'s Avatar

Default Announcing my Fantasy Retirement

Usually I don't do these sort of attention threads, however fantasy basketball is an exception, because its something I've fiercely participated in since I was 11 (back then it was NBA VGM), after 18 years, I will likely have to hang it up (at least for the time being) - since getting promoted in my job on August, my schedule no longer allows me to give the time I would like to fantasy. Premiere league really is an incredible league, so it saddens me greatly that I will not take part in it (I sincerely hope it keeps on running).

I could care less about being the GOAT of fantasy or what not, but what I do want to be remembered for is the consistency, the effort and dedication I gave to this craftsmanship. And I believe I have a strong case for being one of the most consistent fantasy players - aside from my first ever yahoo league in 2004, I have made the playoffs in over 35 straight leagues (some being on an old account).

I am posting this screenshot not as a "omgz look at me", but hopefully as an inspiration to those that don't think they can succeed because of 'bad luck' - luck no doubt plays a role in fantasy, but in the end, its really just about passion and effort. If you play with proper preparation throughout the whole season, you will have success, I guarantee it.

Before I bid farewell, I would like to give shoutouts to 3 premiere league members:

B4life - You were a big reason what made premiere league so fun with your activity, I will never forget some of the things you said before, such as "Charlie V is too consistent for me, thats why I have to trade him" ( ). Though your amount of slinging has declined in the past year or two, hopefully you pick it back up!

Stat - I think you did an incredible job as commish of the league, its very difficult to regulate a league that is not only competitive, but also have managers who have strong personalities, so major props for the great work

Pete - I still remember 4 years ago you asked me on MSN for advice on how to build a better fantasy team, I'm not sure if you recall now, but I specifically said at that time that I thought you already constructed really strong teams, but that things somehow just didn't go your way. Fastforward back to present, you've achieved a 3peat in premiere league, absolutely an achievement you should be proud about, truly job well done

I'm not ruling out a return by any means, but for now, take care all - keep the spirit of fantasy basketball going!!

DZW

p.s. does anyone want to be commish for Alt League?
    Last edited by D.Z.W.; 10-12-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Default Re: Announcing my Fantasy Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
    Usually I don't do these sort of attention threads, however fantasy basketball is an exception, because its something I've fiercely participated in since I was 11 (back then it was NBA VGM), after 18 years, I will likely have to hang it up (at least for the time being) - since getting promoted in my job on August, my schedule no longer allows me to give the time I would like to fantasy. Premiere league really is an incredible league, so it saddens me greatly that I will not take part in it (I sincerely hope it keeps on running).

I could care less about being the GOAT of fantasy or what not, but what I do want to be remembered for is the consistency, the effort and dedication I gave to this craftsmanship. And I believe I have a strong case for being one of the most consistent fantasy players - aside from my first ever yahoo league in 2004, I have made the playoffs in over 35 straight leagues (some being on an old account).

I am posting this screenshot not as a "omgz look at me", but hopefully as an inspiration to those that don't think they can succeed because of 'bad luck' - luck no doubt plays a role in fantasy, but in the end, its really just about passion and effort. If you play with proper preparation throughout the whole season, you will have success, I guarantee it.

Before I bid farewell, I would like to give shoutouts to 3 premiere league members:

B4life - You were a big reason what made premiere league so fun with your activity, I will never forget some of the things you said before, such as "Charlie V is too consistent for me, thats why I have to trade him" ( ). Though your amount of slinging has declined in the past year or two, hopefully you pick it back up!

Stat - I think you did an incredible job as commish of the league, its very difficult to regulate a league that is not only competitive, but also have managers who have strong personalities, so major props for the great work

Pete - I still remember 4 years ago you asked me on MSN for advice on how to build a better fantasy team, I'm not sure if you recall now, but I specifically said at that time that I thought you already constructed really strong teams, but that things somehow just didn't go your way. Fastforward back to present, you've achieved a 3peat in premiere league, absolutely an achievement you should be proud about, truly job well done

I'm not ruling out a return by any means, but for now, take care all - keep the spirit of fantasy basketball going!!

DZW

p.s. does anyone want to be commish for Alt League?

Happy to hear about the promotion, sad to see you take a break from fantasy. We are all gonna miss chit-chatting with you and those awesome season and playoff recaps. Thanks for being such an active, informative, and entertaining member. Whenever you decide to come back, don't be afraid to hit me up. We will always be around!

Damn sucks to see you go DZW but check into chatzy randomly in the NBA season for updates eh. And LOL at my quote on CV it's true! LOLOL. What about Daequan "gun me gun me" Cook??

Thanks guys - will definitely hop in chatzy from time to time when I can

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
    Thanks guys - will definitely hop in chatzy from time to time when I can
    Hi Damon

Sorry I am late on this, I am in Colombia, being awesome at life and doing wonderful, majestic things.

Thanks for all your competition, all the lively debates, and interesting discussions. You're a good dude, and I enjoyed very much being in these leagues with you. At some point, Premier will come to an end for all of us, I wish you all the best in everything you pursue.

I would also like to say, that with the retirement of DZW, I, Pistol Pete, have officially eradicated the Premier League of all Asians. RIP Tian, Vapid, DZW, you were fiery, feisty, annoying, and weak competition - in the end, I killed you all.

Since I no longer have my "fiercest" competitor in play this season, and since a 4 peat while being active was very much assumed, I have decided to up the challenge this year, by going against the only person who could ever think to take my title, myself.

I am going to 4 peat while busing around South America and camping on the sides of mountains and chasing the most fine female creatures God has ever created. This will be the pinnacle achievement in fantasy sports.

Yes, I just turned your retirement post into a trolling/serious post about my greatness, things don't change.

Be well Damon, stop by once in a while to gloat about that deep Trail Blazers team. All the best,

Greg

lmao ^ godly

Local High School Star

I was never in the league with you DZW. But I know we did one league together. Hopefully we'll be in a league together.

DZW always a newbie rookie in my eyes and thats how you will always remain...some retire as heroes others as zeroes

lol Pete, no offense taken bro, coming from you, I expected no less

Attila - yeah, I know I'm going to miss fantasy dearly, just hope the withdrawl symptoms won't be too bad, otherwise I could be playing again much sooner than I expect to

I'm dedicating my 4 peat this year to Damon, because he never believed in me and always picked me to lose. This conquest is for you my Asian brother from an Asian mother. I have been pondering the task at hand, and I am reminded of a very appropriate quote, a great man once said, "If an Asian who quits things in his prime tells you that you cannot do something, it will automatically be done." (Pistol Pete, 2013).

Pistol Pete for 5 Peat in 2014-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    I'm dedicating my 4 peat this year to Damon, because he never believed in me and always picked me to lose. This conquest is for you my Asian brother from an Asian mother. I have been pondering the task at hand, and I am reminded of a very appropriate quote, a great man once said, "If an Asian who quits things in his prime tells you that you cannot do something, it will automatically be done." (Pistol Pete, 2013).

LOLOL WTF PETE HAS WON 3 TIMES IN A ROW LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete

loll wtf, dig up the old prediction threads you liar!

NBA Legend

What iz this silliness

65-49-3 (9-3-1) record, Russell Westbrook coming back to help lead the charge at any moment, where you at Damon?! WHERE YOU AT!

Russell Westbrook
    Bradley Beal
    Kendall Marshall
    Tyreke Evans
    Kevin Durant
    Arron Afflalo
    Pau Gasol
    Nikola Pekovic
    Gerald Green
    JR Smith
    Taj Gibson
    Tristan Thompson
    Ben McLemore

My boys are ready. Enough is enough, it's time, I'm tired of winning so much, a first round bye in the playoffs all but guarenteed, a 4th consecutive title a mere afterthought, where is my challenge, take a break from building your empire to come challenge mine. I beg you.