4. Bird
    5. Shaq
    6. Magic
    7. Wilt
    8. Russell
    9. Duncan
    10. Hakeem

Default Re: YOUR top 10 players of all-time

Kareem- greatest of all-time big man. Can be interchangeable with MJ.

Jordan- greatest of all-time guard.

Wilt- revolutionized the game. So dominant, he caused change in basketball rules.

Russell- 11 rings in 13 tries. Enough said. Only reason to not rank him higher is because the others have better overall games. BR is probably the best shot blocker to run the game. A LeBron body who played in the NBA and US history's turning era.

Magic- 5 rings in 9 tries in 11 seasons. Greatest passer ever.

Kobe- 5 rings in 7 tries. Greatest scorer of all-time.

Bird- possibly the most clutch player ever. I've seen enough of his games in playback to know he'd be a force to reckon with in any era.

Duncan- greatest PF ever. May not have eye popping, flashy games, but still a great winner. 4 rings in 5 tries.

Shaq- the most dominant player not named Wilt. He'd be ranked higher if he actually bothered to try more often in his career. He came into seasons out of shape, undedicated, and he became a journeyman towards the end, but he still is among the top 10. It wouldn't make me cringe to see him on some top 5 lists.

LeBron- overtook Hakeem. 2 rings in 4 tries, and 4 MVPs in 5 yrs. He'll be reaching the top 5 sooner than later.

Not airballing my layups anymore

MJ
    KAJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Bird
    Duncan
    Shaq
    Hakeem

11- LBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Yeah, I'm mad that even though Bryant has 5 rings and has a career that will D-Whistle will never come remotely close to touching.

Meanwhile, D-Whistle wasn't even a top 5 guard in the regular season and than had one of the worst post-seasons ever--16/5/5/2 on historically bad efficiency (49.8% TS). Talk about getting carried.

Yeah, he's done as elite player, which is pathetic considering he's only 31 and in his 10th season. Kobe in his 10th season: 35+/5+/5/2/56% TS.

D-Whistle. What a scrub.

Dumass stan.

Didn't Kobe average under 40% in a couple of Finals series? So mad that Wade might win more rings than Chuckbe. Mad that Kobe, even in his dreams, won't have a Finals performance like the one Wade had in '06. His THIRD year in the league.

Prime Shaq and Wade would've won 4, BTW. Wade wouldn't have choked like Kobe in the Finals.

Stay mad, fool.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    What exactly did Kobe add to his achievements in the past two years? Shaq had three of the most dominant Finals performances of ALL TIME. I don't think I'm going to read a book, so that other people can tell me where to rank players. I saw Shaq and Kobe play and I pick Shaq over Kobe. It's not a slight at Kobe's career either. Kobe is a top 10 player (I have him at 9).
    How about adding even more accolades to an already stacked resume? Two more 1st team selections, two more all star selections, breaking more records. And he just had one of his better regular seasons of his career, in his 17th season that is. These things matter you know, it all adds up.

Why am I not surprised you are so quick to dismiss Simmon's book. Ignorance sure is bliss.

Learning to shoot layups Redoks's Avatar

Any top 10 that has not got Kobe but does have Lebron is a fcking joke.

Very good NBA starter

1. MJ
    2. Russell
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Bird
    6. Wilt
    7. Kobe
    8. Duncan
    9. Shaq
    10. Lebron
    11. Hakeem
    12. Oscar
    13. Moses
    14. West

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    How about adding even more accolades to an already stacked resume? Two more 1st team selections, two more all star selections, breaking more records. And he just had one of his better regular seasons of his career, in his 17th season that is. These things matter you know, it all adds up.

Why am I not surprised you are so quick to dismiss Simmon's book. Ignorance sure is bliss.
    If you believe that Kobe deserved all those All-NBA and All- Defensive First Teams, you're as delusional as Simmons. Who would you rather have right now, to start a franchise? 38/17/3/3 on 61%, 33/16/5/3 on 57%, 36/12/4/3 on 60%. Would've won 4 Rings and 4 FMVP's, if a certain someone didn't choke in '04. Also, lets not forget that Kobe is one of the worst Finals performer of all time (for a top 10 player).

As I said before, I don't need to read a damn book to figure out who's better. I watched both Kobe and Shaq play and ten times out of ten, I'd pick Shaq. If you need a book to figure out which player is better, .

Very good NBA starter

So mad that Wade might win more rings than Chuckbe. Mad that Kobe, even in his dreams, won't have a Finals performance like the one Wade had in '06. His THIRD year in the league.
    Wade won't get close to 5 rings and his career will never come close to Bryant's. Fact.

Kobe's 09 Finals are better than anything D-Whistle has ever done. Played a far, far, far better defense and wasn't gifted 16 FTA per game. Everybody knows the 06 Finals are a joke, you moron. Couldn't even touch the guy.

Stay mad, retard.

Prime Shaq and Wade would've won 4, BTW. Wade wouldn't have choked like Kobe in the Finals.
    Prime Kobe and LeBron would win 10. Kobe wouldn't have had the worst post-season in history and literally made his team significantly worse every time he stepped on the court.

ORTG with Wade--104
    ORTG without Wade--116

LMAO. Dude's a ****ing cancer. Offense is 10X better without his ass.

Stay mad, fool.
    lol @ this moron.

Very good NBA starter

If you believe that Kobe deserved all those All-NBA and All- Defensive First Teams, you're as delusional as Simmons.
    27/6/6/2/57% TS isn't deserving of 1st-Team All-NBA? You really are a ****ing moron.

Wade won't get close to 5 rings and his career will never come close to Bryant's. Fact.
    3 Rings down 2 more to go. Not even close to 5? LMAO! Also, I've never said that Wade is/will be a better player than Chuckbe. Your retarded ass can't seem to understand that.

Kobe's 09 Finals are better than anything D-Whistle has ever done. Played a far, far, far better defense and wasn't gifted 16 FTA per game. Everybody knows the 06 Finals are a joke, you moron. Couldn't even touch the guy.
    This post right here tells me that you're a 12 year old. Do you remember the players who were guarding Kobe in that series? Even then, Kobe shot 43%.
    Remember the '05 and '06 Pistons? The same team that shut down Kobe. Wade ripped them a new one. How about them '10 Celtics? 33/6/7 on 56%. You're too young to remember those teams/games.

Prime Kobe and LeBron would win 10. Kobe wouldn't have had the worst post-season in history and literally made his team significantly worse every time he stepped on the court.
    HAHAHA! Kobe shooting 40% and Lebron disappearing in the 4th. Yeah, they'd win 10 games a season for sure.

LMAO. Dude's a ****ing cancer. Offense is 10X better without his ass.
    Did Wade bang your mom or something?
    Better without the guy who scored 20/4/4/2/1 on 48%? Yeah, I'm sure Lebron would've scored 50 points a game on 50% without Wade. You might not remember this as you're a stats [COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]lut, but Wade was the one who was actually a better defender in the Finals.

Kobe scored 22 points on 22 shots in the FINALS and cost Shaq his ring and 4th FMVP. You seem to forget that. The Heat never lost in the Finals because of Wade. Lets not even talk about the '08 Finals 25/5/5 on 40%?

27/6/6/2/57% TS isn't deserving of 1st-Team All-NBA? You really are a ****ing moron.
    To go along with defense that would make Steve Nash look like a DPOY. Once again, your reading comprehension fails you. Did I mention 2013 anywhere in my post? Kobe is the most over rated defender of ALL TIME. Dude slacks off on the defensive end more than Wade.

I'm done with you. A person simply can't be this retarded. You must be a troll.
    Last edited by aj1987; 06-27-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Hakeem
    Shaq
    Lebron
    Oscar

This is the most unbiased, fair & realistic list you'll ever see.

Fair assessment of all-timer is necessary to get them into GOAT list.

Very good NBA starter

3 Rings down 2 more to go. Not even close to 5? LMAO!
    Um, yes? Are you retarded? He's not even close. Not to mention 4 of 5 rings for Kobe came as a top 3 player in the league. Wade won't be remotely close that level.
    Also, I've never said that Wade is/will be a better player than Chuckbe.
    I'm glad you get it. Kobe>>>D-Whistle.
    Do you remember the players who were guarding Kobe in that series? Even then, Kobe shot 43%.
    You're a moron.

Kobe in that series: 32.4/7.4/5.6/1.4/1.4/54% TS against the #1 defense in the league with the DPOY. A defense that was top 25 All-Time statistically.

The 06 Mavs, on the other hand, were the worst Finals defense in the last 30 years. A team that was DESTROYED by perimeter stars all season (Kobe scored 62 in three quarters against them and had another game of 43/6/5/).

Oh yeah, and Kobe wasn't gifted 16 FTA per game by the refs.

Idiot.

Remember the '05 and '06 Pistons? The same team that shut down Kobe.
    The 04 Pistons were the best defense in history. The 05 and 06 Pistons weren't even in the same universe. Get real, you moron.

Not to mention Wade playing with new hand-checking rules. Your ignorance is astounding.

How about them '10 Celtics? 33/6/7 on 56%. You're too young to remember those teams/games.
    Oh, you mean the Series where Wade's team lost in 5 to a team that was barely trying? The series where he averaged 5 turnovers a game and led his team offense to a miserable 96 ORTG? LMAO.

HAHAHA! Kobe shooting 40% and Lebron disappearing in the 4th. Yeah, they'd win 10 games a season for sure.

Better without the guy who scored 20/4/4/2/1 on 48%?
    Look at the numbers, you idiot.

The Heat's offense during the Finals was far, far, far better with Wade on the bench. There were multiple articles written on this. He killed their spacing and shooting. Not to mention he was horribly inefficient (50.5% TS).

Did you forget Games 2 and Games 6? When the Heat mad MAJOR runs? Guess who was on the bench? That's right, D-Whistle. This was a recurring theme all post-season.

Yeah, I'm sure Lebron would've scored 50 points a game on 50% without Wade.
    No, but the Heat offense would have been 10X better.

Just like it actually was in reality.
    but Wade was the one who was actually a better defender in the Finals.
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

Kobe scored 22 points on 22 shots in the FINALS and cost Shaq his ring and 4th FMVP. You seem to forget that.
    You seem the forget that they were playing the 04 Pistons, the greatest defense in history. You seem to be forgetting that they lost that series by a average margin of 15 points per game. You seem to forget to that the Lakers outside Kobe/Shaq shot 33% for the series.

Ignorant moron.
    Lets not even talk about the '08 Finals 25/5/5 on 40%?
    26/5/5/3/51% TS against a top 3 defense in history and a team that won 66 games and had three Hall-of-Famers in their prime.

You think this is some bad series, but Wade putting up 20/5/5/51% TS in this years Finals and making his teams offense significantly worse every time he stepped on the court is something to be proud of? Letting freaking Danny Green put up 18 PPG/81% TS through the first 5 games? His team making major runs every time he sits?

I'm done with you. A person simply can't be this retarded. You must be a troll.
    Yeah, you're done because your arguments are pathetic.

Go sit down, kid.

****ing retard.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

1. MJ
    2. Russell
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Bird
    6. Duncan
    7. LeBron
    8. Kobe