Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: HEAT sign Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Anyone saying this is a good pickup is delusional. I don't see how this doesn't hurt the team. Cherry on top of the sundae? More like vomit on top of the sundae
    Let's be real, the Suns are awful.

No one could do well on last season's team. PJ Tucker was playing 30+mins a game and Gortat and Scola went from elite role players to utter scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Let's be real, the Suns are awful.

No one could do well on last season's team. PJ Tucker was playing 30+mins a game and Gortat and Scola went from elite role players to utter scrubs.
    Beasley had every chance to succeed on that team and failed miserably

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Anyone saying this is a good pickup is delusional. I don't see how this doesn't hurt the team. Cherry on top of the sundae? More like vomit on top of the sundae
    There's no risk, at all. If Beasley does anything out of the way, Miami will just waive him. This is basically just an invitation to training camp.

Banned

Great sign by the Heat.

BeEz has a lot in his Tank if he decides to focus and only smoke once in awhile.

NBA lottery pick

Laker fans were yearning for Beasley when he was on the block and now the Heat have him all of a sudden he's a cancer?

College superstar

I wish my team had the balls to sign some "risky" players. Bulls are too content and complacent, and that's why they're not winning a title any time soon.

On the other hand, Heat go balls-to-the-wall for the guys they want, knowing they will make it work... and it's done nothing except 3 straight Finals appearances and two straight titles.

I guess playing it safe is the way to go, huh Chicago?

... In case you can't tell, I'm butthurt that Chicago didn't even TRY to get Beasley or Oden. Seriously? The nucleus you have already, with strong culture and leadership, and you're gonna worry about how one player would fit (assuming that's why they stayed away)?

Edit: Even if Beasley and Oden don't play at all and/or get waived/cut, they were great signings. There is minimal risk, but the potential payoff is quite large.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 09-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I wish my team had the balls to sign some "risky" players. Bulls are too content and complacent, and that's why they're not winning a title any time soon.

On the other hand, Heat go balls-to-the-wall for the guys they want, knowing they will make it work... and it's done nothing except 3 straight Finals appearances and two straight titles.
    the risk taking actually started with Birdman. nobody wanted Andersen because of his rep. the Heat took a chance and it paid off.

we'll see what happens with Oden and Beasley.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    the risk taking actually started with Birdman. nobody wanted Andersen because of his rep. the Heat took a chance and it paid off.

we'll see what happens with Oden and Beasley.
    Unless there was collusion (possible) I would argue that the risk taking began with the summer of Lebron and Bosh signings. To allow all your players to leave, and just have hope that you can sign NBA talent that will fill out the roster without handicapping it (big money to good, not great, players, etc) is quite risky. Again, this is assuming there was no collusion.

Then old man Ray Allen. Birdman. Oden. Beasley.

Banned

If Beas turns it around with Miami, can he be LeBron's Beasley to Jordan's Rodman? Can't wait to see how this works out.

73-9

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

I guess playing it safe is the way to go, huh Chicago?

... In case you can't tell, I'm butthurt that Chicago didn't even TRY to get Beasley or Oden. Seriously? The nucleus you have already, with strong culture and leadership, and you're gonna worry about how one player would fit (assuming that's why they stayed away)?

Edit: Even if Beasley and Oden don't play at all and/or get waived/cut, they were great signings. There is minimal risk, but the potential payoff is quite large.
    right, who don

We should stop this Pat Riley glorification. I love the man but he's in a very good situation to bring in players right now. It wasn't this easy to get players pre 2010.

Here is why players sign for Miami:

1. Lebron/Championship
    2. Wade and Bosh
    3. The city of Miami
    4. Exposure

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Laker fans were yearning for Beasley when he was on the block and now the Heat have him all of a sudden he's a cancer?
    That's the way it works around here.

Haslem is going to stick Beasley in a small room with 2 tons of weed and will tell him to keep smoking nonstop until Beasley throws up at the sight of it.

Beasley will never smoke again.

Sometimes risks do payoff.