Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

Default Re: Why Isn't There As Many Street Ballers in the NBA??

streetballas got game...but the transition into the league is different....what about a dunk contest any of y'll see an AND1 winner if you put the best dunkers together in both the NBA and AND1

i think A.O. would be a good PG for some teams... and Air UP There would be a good player..

Saw a basketball once

Because in the NBA there are these rules called traveling and double dribbling that 99% of streetballers are completely unaware of.

the NBA half the time doesn't even call it.... they've gotten better....but i'm not much for worryin about who walks, carries and doubles....

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31
    the NBA half the time doesn't even call it.... they've gotten better....but i'm not much for worryin about who walks, carries and doubles....

The coach would go bananas if the streetballers tried their tricks in the NBA. Firstly, they'll irritat whatever star is on the floor at that time, since they could probably do the same, and the refs will certainly call a variation of travel/walk/carry/double-dribble/5-second, and coaches hate unnecessary violations since it means giving points and possessions.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

AND 1 can't make it, because usually ther eare simply not good enough. Period.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

What's Alston's FG% again?

I hope that answers your question,
    streetballers just looks good in the absolute no defense system
    like how Nash with the run/gun system makes everyone looks like an All Star

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    exactly......stop overrating these guys its sickening. They are what they are. I have nothing against real ballers who play on the street but I hate ANd 1 players and that stupid style with a passion.

I rule the local playground eauclaire447's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    exactly......stop overrating these guys its sickening. They are what they are. I have nothing against real ballers who play on the street but I hate ANd 1 players and that stupid style with a passion.
    no kidding.........thats not even basketball! traveling all over the place, makes the NBA look like they are playing 50s style ball

Dunking on everybody in the park ronron15's Avatar

if you're talkin about streetball the classic version... meaning EBC, the cage, and etc.... then its because they're not on the nba level yet... they're just simpily not there yet

but its you're talkin about and1 streetball... they its a totally different story
    they play more for the entertainment side than the winning side, they also travel alot.... if u talk about straight fundamentals, they arent up there with the pros...

i remember there was a time when someone asked "skip" if anyone from and1 can stay in the pros, i think he say a one word "no".. and main event got mad at him for it.. haha

i do remember like in 2001 when And1 was fresh and hot and was the shizznit... there were lots of hype of And1 ballers vs the pros allstar, it was something like that but it never happened...

there were also trash talk of how vince carter took the name of half man half amazing from the realll half man half amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    andone is fading... its dying

nah screw it, they're dead, its over, done deal

its streetball entertainment now

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronron15
    if you're talkin about streetball the classic version... meaning EBC, the cage, and etc.... then its because they're not on the nba level yet... they're just simpily not there yet

but its you're talkin about and1 streetball... they its a totally different story
    they play more for the entertainment side than the winning side, they also travel alot.... if u talk about straight fundamentals, they arent up there with the pros...

i remember there was a time when someone asked "skip" if anyone from and1 can stay in the pros, i think he say a one word "no".. and main event got mad at him for it.. haha

Learning to shoot layups SoulMattic's Avatar

There are street ballers that have the talent to be in the NBA, however not any of those current And1 guys... I can't even stand watching them play.. pure garbage.. staged bs.. if they tried any of those tricks on an NBA player or a true streetballer for that case they would get their grill smashed

Speak To Me Cleanly imjustlikemusiq's Avatar

The only other player that could have made it in the NBA from And 1, aside from Alston, is Alimoe AKA The Black Widow (Dont remember his real name), I dont know how he got mixed up on the way in his life, but, the guy is ill. Hes too old to get a shot now, though, nobody is going to give a 28 year old with no NBA experience an invite to training camp, but he is better than Alston is and ever was. Im talking about a 6-7 guy with the ball handling skill that mirror those of most NBA point guards, he has a perimeter game and post moves. Hes not obsessed on crossing people up, doing "moves", he doesnt carry the ball, etc.