Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    Thats how businessmen operate, the Maloofs have been equally duplicitious in their dealings with the City over negotiations for a new arena.

The bottom line is though when Bennett bought the Sonics he owed the city of Seattle, the fans nothing, it was his money and his team. Sonics fans had no right to be mad at him just like Kings fans can't be mad at the Maloofs, its not personal just business.
    Interesting perspective.

So Seattle fans are all dramatic and emo over this situation.....where Sac fans don't give a crap.

Perhaps Seattle fans are making a big deal over nothing when they moved to OKC and should have cheered for them.

Banned

I thought I read that another group offered more $ for the sonics to keep them in seattle and ballmer offered to help build the arena but they sold to clay anyway. Different situation the kings are a nothinf team and noone seems to be working hard to keep them. Sad for their few fans though

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Thats how businessmen operate, the Maloofs have been equally duplicitious in their dealings with the City over negotiations for a new arena.

The bottom line is though when Bennett bought the Sonics he owed the city of Seattle, the fans nothing, it was his money and his team. Sonics fans had no right to be mad at him just like Kings fans can't be mad at the Maloofs, its not personal just business.
    I think the fans have a right to be upset with Bennett - he lied directly to us. If he wouldn't have lied then the Seattle fans would have been upset with Schultz and the hatred for Bennett would be much, much less.
    The Maloofs and the ownership group who are trying to purchase the Kings are making no secrets about the fact that they want to move the team to Seattle.

There are good business practices and bad practices. Bennett lied to an entire community and broke the lease with Key Arena.
    Last edited by Niytrus; 01-10-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I thought I read that another group offered more $ for the sonics to keep them in seattle and ballmer offered to help build the arena but they sold to clay anyway. Different situation the kings are a nothinf team and noone seems to be working hard to keep them. Sad for their few fans though
    This was after Bennett already owned the team. Bennett refused to sell, and broke the lease with Key Arena to move the team.

so do all the fans who go for the Thunder from Seattle now change their team back to the new Seattle one?

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    so do all the fans who go for the Thunder from Seattle now change their team back to the new Seattle one?
    Again, no real Seattle fan would ever root for the Thunder.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated.
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yeah I agree, Seattle fans should be disgusted and ashamed that Sactown had a retard running their organization.

qft (I get it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Can we all at least agree the Maloofs are slimebags?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I'm just going to see how this plays out and how both cities feel about it. I know Seattle would be excited but Sacramento...not sure.
    surprisingly, from what I've seen, a decent number of locals are indifferent or actually happy (for whatever reason. I've asked a few why they're happy, no real answer besides "b/c i'm ****ing stupid")...or Laker fans. I'd still say the true fans are quite upset. At least what I can tell via social networking, Kings sites, talking/texting to friends, etc, the sad:happy ratio is about 7:1 for ppl that actually have a say. Of course, quite a few ppl seem to just really not care.

Sac has passionate fans, but not very many smart fans (like I'd bet a lot of sports team have). The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc. The NBA in Sac, whether the team was good or bad, is so great for the city. I honestly don't think the casuals, "haters", or indifferent ppl realize how much this could potentially affect the city - having a major sports franchise leave. *sigh*
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 01-10-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak

Sac has passionate fans, but not very smart fans (like I'd bet a lot of sports team have). The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc. The NBA in Sac, whether the team was good or bad, is so great for the city. I honestly don't think the casuals, "haters", or indifferent ppl realize how much this could potentially affect the city - having a major sports franchise leave. *sigh*
    I totally agree with this. Losing the Kings will have huge ramifications on they city of Sacramento. The Kings are the only professional team in the market and by them leaving, there will never be another professional franchise there. If the only team you have leaves, it will say a lot about the demographics for sports there.

If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento? If Stern would allow it I'm sure the Maloofs would have moved that team to Vegas years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento?
    There was last time when the Maloofs were || close to taking the Kings the Anaheim, Ron Burkle was interested in buying them and promised to keep them in Sac. I think there was an official offer by someone else, I believe, maybe not by Burkle, but I'm not sure - terrible memory sometimes. But at the time, the Maloofs wanted to keep the Kings for themselves (so they said).

The Sac Kings aren't exactly a storied franchise, and its amazing that Sacramento had an NBA team in the first place. Seems the team basically HAS to move anyway, so why not Seattle?

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento? If Stern would allow it I'm sure the Maloofs would have moved that team to Vegas years ago.
    Ron Burkle (Pens owner I think) made a bid about a year or two ago I believe, his intention was to keep them in Sac but the Maloofs told him to GTFO.

Banned

When the sonics moved there was protests and anger, if any other team were moving id ecpect fans to be ranting but ive seen nothing from kings fans

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    When the sonics moved there was protests and anger, if any other team were moving id ecpect fans to be ranting but ive seen nothing from kings fans
    there were protests in 2011. But now, a lot of ppl just seem tired of this ordeal.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Interesting perspective.

So Seattle fans are all dramatic and emo over this situation.....where Sac fans don't give a crap.

Perhaps Seattle fans are making a big deal over nothing when they moved to OKC and should have cheered for them.
    I guess I'm just more cynical/realistic than most people.

No point getting mad about something I have no control over.