Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Default The Last of Us

It's a game by Naughty Dog apparently a surprise about this was they were making this while make Uncharted 3.

Synopsis: it's a game about a guy and this teenage girl being the last humans that they know of in a post apocalyptic zombie world.

screenshots

And the youtube trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

I rarely buy games for my PS3 outside of the Uncharted series, God of War, and several arcade games/re-releases of old games. But this may wind up being a day one purchase for me, and I generally don't like zombie games.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Last of Us

In my defense, there's no game title in that thread title.

Mods merge!

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

bumpity bump bump

can't wait for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs

I like it.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

So I finally got around to finishing it.

I ended up turning the difficulty down in the last two chapters. I was playing on hard the whole game but it was so tedious at that difficulty and I just wanted to finish it. It wasn't a matter of being too hard but I was a hard time enjoying the pacing of the game when it started to throw waves of dudes at you.

This is maybe my only big complaint of the game. It gives you the option to be really sneaky. As a fan of the stealth route I took it often. But later in the game you would mark your targets, take your time taking them out one by one. Only to then have new targets spawn and enter the boundary you were in. It's obviously not a random spawn, and it works in games like Dishonored but I can't quite put my finger on why it just felt cheap and tedious in this game.

There were also a couple plot points I had a hard time coming to grips with. MILD SPOILERS in white!

[COLOR="White"]I couldn't understand why the hunters kept chasing Joel and Ellie. I must have killed liked 50 of their dudes but they kept sending people out? I'd have been like fuck it let them go, shit their killing everybody.[/COLOR]

I also wasn't the biggest fan of the ending. Not the content, but it felt really abrupt.

This game was awesome. There were multiple scenes where I was like: ohhhhh shit! I thought the infected types in this game were great, although the Bloater felt a little excessive since I found Clickers to be by far the most dangerous type, whereas bloaters were just ammo dumps. The humans did a pretty good job flanking, and trying to out maneuver me, although towards the end there were some bugs where a lot of enemies got stuck in animation loops or would not aggro even if I was basically touching them. Idk if it's just because at the end there were a lot more of them or what but it was noticeable in the last couple chapters.

I liked it a lot. Still think Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's best though.

Banned

The game was fun but it had it's faults. The AI was flat out broken at times and an embarrassment for a AAA title and I totally agree that the stealth was stupid when it wasn't usable at times. I also turned the difficulty down from hard to normal just to get through it as it felt like the encounters and actual gameplay were the least enjoyable part of the product. 8/10 for me because it's still enjoyable and while the story is cliched as **** it had the best production values, character development and voice over work of almost anything I've played.

I rule the local playground

Have been stuck on the part where you're in the suburbs with the main character being by himself getting shot at by a sniper for months now. I don't want to turn down the difficulty but it's gotten frustrating to the point I only give it a few tries maybe once a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Have been stuck on the part where you're in the suburbs with the main character being by himself getting shot at by a sniper for months now. I don't want to turn down the difficulty but it's gotten frustrating to the point I only give it a few tries maybe once a month now.
    Just go around the left side.

That part is a bitch on grounded difficulty.

Home of the 16

Isn't there already a thread for this, or?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Just go around the left side.

That part is a bitch on grounded difficulty.

You know what part is a real pain in the ass once you amp up the difficulty?

That tunnel you go through just before reaching the hospital. You go down there and there's all those flipped buses. There's a hallway on the right you can go into, has some lockers in there, but outside there's a bunch of the big fat guys. That tunnel was a ****ing ball buster going through on Grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

That tunnel you go through just before reaching the hospital. You go down there and there's all those flipped buses. There's a hallway on the right you can go into, has some lockers in there, but outside there's a bunch of the big fat guys. That tunnel was a ****ing ball buster going through on Grounded.
    It's actually very easy if you know the right path; all you really do is fight the enemies in the dark rooms and than you can simply throw a grenade to distract all those bloaters and shit, and whoalah, home free.

But yeah first time I did this on normal, my god I got slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

You can stealth right past that part.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    It's actually very easy if you know the right path; all you really do is fight the enemies in the dark rooms and than you can simply throw a grenade to distract all those bloaters and shit, and whoalah, home free.

But yeah first time I did this on normal, my god I got slaughtered.
    I don't have to engage any of them with the path I take.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I think part of my problem is I like engaging them. I know when I slip out of the locker room hallway thing, there's one right in front of me just over the fence. And I always tried to take her out with a shiv. It's a delicate touch though with the water there and how alert they are at that level.

I got by it. But it was a long time ago. And it's the spot I most recall on the grounded level.