Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default KG for Bledsoe & Butler?

@SeanDeveney
    The #Clippers have contacted the #Celticsabout Kevin Garnett. Offer would include Caron Butler and Beldsoe.
    Would that put DeAndre on the bench or would KG be coming off the bench?

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Default Re: KG for Bledsoe & Butler?

F*ck NO

Celtics are already having a better version of Bledsoe in Bradley. If they move KG or Pierce, I hope they get back a big or a wing player!

The Clips want KG? Seems redundant.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Butler is washed up and the Celts already have a better version of Bledsoe in Bradley.

Stupid rumor.

KG off the bench but still more minutes/game than Deandre.

Lets not forget KG's no-trade clause. I don't see him waiving that for a deal where he becomes a bench player, even for a contender.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Lets not forget KG's no-trade clause. I don't see him waiving that for a deal where he becomes a bench player, even for a contender.
    I highly doubt KG would be a bench player, KG would become the Clippers center, DJ would go back to the bench.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=be98m38

If Boston wants to screw over the Lakers , Heat and an assortment of other contenders while at the same time getting low price decent pieces. They can get the Toronto 1st as well.

Boston is taking back Perkins...yea...I know...but you're getting Orton,Lamb,Jones and a first. Give them another pick if necessary. I don't think I need to go into how much KG would add to the team.
    Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 02-03-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol

If Boston wants to screw over the Lakers , Heat and an assortment of other contenders while at the same time getting low price decent pieces. They can get the Toronto 1st as well.

Boston is taking back Perkins...yea...I know...but you're getting Orton,Lamb,Jones and a first. Give them another pick if necessary. I don't think I need to go into how much KG would add to the team.
    You might as well hand the trophy to OKC if that goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I highly doubt KG would be a bench player, KG would become the Clippers center, DJ would go back to the bench.
    A $10 million reserve? DJ's activity around the rim is sort of a big part of their offensive scheme, isn't it? You wanna throw the Clips' chemistry into whack like that going down the stretch? Just seems like weird trade.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    You might as well hand the trophy to OKC if that goes down.
    That is somewhat the point.

why would either team do this?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    A $10 million reserve? DJ's activity around the rim is sort of a big part of their offensive scheme, isn't it? You wanna throw the Clips' chemistry into whack like that going down the stretch? Just seems like weird trade.
    As much as I love KG it's weird for both sides. From Celtics POV it's a PG till Rondo is back, long time backup or trade asset in Bledsoe who fits in with their defensive system. Butler though would be an 8 mill a year bench piece and the opposite of what they will want for a rebuild. For the Clippers KG is a huge boost at center but then we have an unhappy, 10 mill a year bench piece. Not to mention KG is 36 or so and will maintain a high level of play 2 years max. I mean he already almost retired last summer.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol

Perk is of little use without KG there. The Toronto pick would entice me more if this draft class wasn't so subpar.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    As much as I love KG it's weird for both sides. From Celtics POV it's a PG till Rondo is back, long time backup or trade asset in Bledsoe who fits in with their defensive system. Butler though would be an 8 mill a year bench piece and the opposite of what they will want for a rebuild. For the Clippers KG is a huge boost at center but then we have an unhappy, 10 mill a year bench piece. Not to mention KG is 36 or so and will maintain a high level of play t ywars max. I mean he already almost retired last summer.

Clippers need to do whatever they can to solidify their chances to at least make the finals so that CP3 will stay.

I find it weird that even during their winning streak he didn't re sign